Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching someone die a horrible death
Last night I was doing one of my volunteer shifts at the local hospice near where I live and I had the misfortune to witness someone dying a quite horrible death right in front of me.
Mr Timmins had terminal lung cancer and he used to tell me fascinating stories about when he used to be in the merchant navy and when he worked as a mercenary in Africa fighting for different factions in different countries. He only had his brother and me visiting him on a regular basis, his kids and grandkids couldn't give two fucks about him even though they live within 20 miles of the hospice.
Well last night he was in a pretty bad way, his skin was a sickly pale grey colour, and he was struggling for breath even with his respirator and I went up to talk to him and he grabbed my arm and started to convulse and cough up gobbits of bloody chunks. I pressed the crash team alarm and they ran in, they tried to clear his airway as he continued to cough up lumps and gasp for breath, he struggled and choked for another five minutes in agony until his heart stopped and he went into cardiac arrest, they tried to revive him but he was gone.
Afterwards I felt completely deflated and depressed, I thought to myself no one deserves to die like that, no one.
I felt so sorry for his brother, he visited him everyday, and I felt fucking pissed at his worthless kids they couldn't have given two fucks. I did promise him I would go to his funeral but if his kids are there I don't think I will be able to control myself and I don't want to spoil his send off.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
i'm sorry you had to witness that OP, hospice is a wonderful service, but even they cannot prevent such scenes. you did what you could. and i am sure he was grateful you were there to listen to his life story so he won't be forgotten.

I'm sorry for your experience but on a lighter note: Does watching the last of Bullet's dignity (in the Pillow thread) die a horrible death count?
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I don't think I will be able to control myself and I don't want to spoil his send off.
Play nice during the service, and once it's over - all bets are off.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:I'm sorry for your experience but on a lighter note: Does watching the last of Bullet's dignity (in the Pillow thread) die a horrible death count?
so true...

op - was he a smoker?
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Does watching the last of Bullet's dignity (in the Pillow thread) die a horrible death count?

Was it necessary to include that in this particular thread ?...Huh ?...Jesus Christ, you are such a fuckin' asshole sometimes...Bitch

I'm sorry you had to witness that, OP...Unfortunately, it's prolly something that will stick with you the rest of your days...Sin gave you good advice, I'd encourage you to give those thoughtless bastards a piece of your mind {after the service} if I could.::hugs::
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That sounds horrifying... that's why I hope for a quick death in another few decades.
OP I witnessed the same thing with my father. My grandmother would have suffered the same if she weren't fortunate enough (and I mean that) to have diabetes in her senior years and we were able to legally, once she was bed bound, to allow her to go into a diabetic coma so she didn't feel the pains from her lung cancer.

Dad smoked, but had managed to quit for the last 10 years of his life. Gran never touched a cigarette but she worked as a seamstress and we think the stamping powder had asbestos in it, thus damaging her lungs.

Follow Sins advice. But be warned... if the family is such utter ass wipes, then be prepared to get a load of shit at his funeral first. Don't throw the first "punch" but don't let them get away with bad behavior. If it all goes smoothly, then Sin's advice is perfect, go for blood and let them know what you think.
Sadly, they won't care what you have to say nor will any of your words have an affect on them. If they gave a shit, they'd have been there all along.
[user=47]Liquid[/user] wrote:
Quote:op - was he a smoker?

No but his family all died of various cancers, so they diagnosis was carcinogenesis, or cancer causing genes.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I wish Mr. Timmins saw someone other than a bitch-flake in his last moments.
86 112
This is why you need a "Right to Die" law. There should have been a DNR (Do not resusitate) in place for the guy...why the fuck try to resusitate the poor bastard? So he could suffer some more?
Fug duh kund
They will not know you if they have never seen you. You could be a fly on the wall, and create havok with just a few subtle comments after mingling for a little while. Think of a better and fitting end that you may have the advantage of portraying.

Example: He once had a box that sounded like coins were in it. I buried it somewhere for him.:cool:
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Middle Finger Wrote:I wish Mr. Timmins saw someone other than a bitch-flake in his last moments.
It would be nice if we could all die inpeace, but that's not always the case.
Right to die. Makes perfect sense.
I'm afraid to die.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I did promise him I would go to his funeral but if his kids are there I don't think I will be able to control myself and I don't want to spoil his send off.
Well then I hope you don't go if you can't control yourself from acting like a dramamama soup chicken and disrespecting the man at his funeral.
Duchess Wrote:I'm afraid to die.
Why?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:
Duchess Wrote:I'm afraid to die.
Why?
'Cuz I like living so much, you fruitcake...Cowboy says it's cuz all my boots/sandals/handbags won't fit in the coffin and I can't take it with me...The big asshole.
I'm afraid to die too. I guess it's a fear of the unknown and I don't want to be without my loved ones. Maybe I will feel differently if I reach old age and know that death is coming soon, but I'm definitely afraid to go now.
sally Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:I did promise him I would go to his funeral but if his kids are there I don't think I will be able to control myself and I don't want to spoil his send off.
Well then I hope you don't go if you can't control yourself from acting like a dramamama soup chicken and disrespecting the man at his funeral.
"The man" - being dead - won't know what the fuck is going on and those shitty kids of his could use a slap of reality; someone telling them what little assholes they are for dumping their father.

OP, I still say, if you can do it without causing a scene, DO IT. After you've played nice at the service. Shitheads like that need to be told they are shitheads.