Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
no no no no no no this cannot be happening!!!!
Cathryn ("Toni") Tennille, 73, one half of famous '70s musical act Captain & Tennille, filed for divorce from her husband, Daryl Dragon, 71, after 39 years of marriage.

The_VillagersThe_VillagersThe_VillagersThe_VillagersThe_VillagersThe_VillagersThe_Villagers

The world has just sputtered!!

Russian
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
hah

Sorry to say I don't know but was Dragon "The Captain"?
Commando Cunt Queen
Panic He is mortified and has no clue.

So, "Love Will Keep Us Together" was just a crock of shit cliche for these two.

I effin' knew it! It was obvious from the start that their marriage was a sham and they wouldn't last too long - not a day over 40 years.

Wonder what the straw was that broke the camel's back? Betchya anything some sweet talking girl came along...

P.s. I think one of them should get all rights to "Muskrat Love" in the divorce settlement, and kill it for good - out of spite for the other (and to spare future generations of the American public from the listening torture).
At 73 and 71 how the heck do you start over? I bet it has something to do with money somehow. Some kind of publicity stunt.

I don't think that age is considered geriatric anymore.

The closer I get to it the easier that is to say.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Who are they?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-23-2014, 08:13 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Who are they?

LOL

'70's pop music stars. Long string of hits and popular songs in the disco era
(01-23-2014, 08:33 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:

LOL

Nobody outside of America knows who they are.

I exist in a place that obviously pales in significance to America called “the rest of the planet”.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-23-2014, 06:40 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 08:33 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:

LOL

Nobody outside of America knows who they are.

I exist in a place that obviously pales in significance to America called “the rest of the planet”.
Well Yes, You Do.
But then again you can't help where your moma stopped running, so its not your fault, you have that at least.
British subjects should never run amuck, it screws up the golf coarse.
(01-23-2014, 06:40 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Nobody outside of America knows who they are.

I think it might just be your age and taste in music that accounts for you not knowing of them, CN. They had a sizable international following and several of their songs hit the UK pop charts.

I think I'm only 6 or 7 years older than you, but like all genres. My dad loved past and current music of all types and my mom loved (and still loves) to dance. There was always music and dancing in the house, from way before my time and after. I never cared if the music or the moves were considered cool or anything like that; I only cared how they made me feel. Having said that, I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of the Captain and Tennille as a duo.

BUT, Tennille is actually a great vocalist. She sang back-up for Elton John on "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" which I love (not to be confused with the Michael Jackson version: "Don't Let Your Son Go Down on Me"), Art Garfunklle, Pink Floyd on "The Wall"... Not too shabby.

This is the one song of the Captain and Tennille's that I actually like. I've twice felt the way about a man as the woman who's the subject of the lyrics - that's probably why I like it.

(01-23-2014, 10:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 06:40 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: Nobody outside of America knows who they are.

I think it might just be your age and taste in music that accounts for you not knowing of them, CN. They had a sizable international following and several of their songs hit the UK pop charts.

I think I'm only 6 or 7 years older than you, but like all genres. My dad loved past and current music of all types and my mom loved (and still loves) to dance. There was always music and dancing in the house, from way before my time and after. I never cared if the music or the moves were considered cool or anything like that; I only cared how they made me feel. Having said that, I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of the Captain and Tennille as a duo.

BUT, Tennille is actually a great vocalist. She sang back-up for Elton John on "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" which I love (not to be confused with the Michael Jackson version: "Don't Let Your Son Go Down on Me"), Art Garfunklle, Pink Floyd on "The Wall"... Not too shabby.

This is the one song of the Captain and Tennille that I actually like. I've twice felt the way about a man as the woman who's the subject of the lyrics - that's probably why I like it.

I don't remember liking their music much, but someone in the house did. We had an Album of theirs and I distinctly remember they had 2 bulldogs on the cover with them. I wanted those bulldogs.

Probably for the best though. We had two Dobermans and mixing them up with two bulldogs would have been a bad idea.

C&T got to keep their B-dogs...hah
(01-23-2014, 11:44 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I don't remember liking their music much, but someone in the house did. We had an Album of theirs and I distinctly remember they had 2 bulldogs on the cover with them. I wanted those bulldogs.

Probably for the best though. We had two Dobermans and mixing them up with two bulldogs would have been a bad idea.

C&T got to keep their B-dogs...hah

I loved those dogs too, FAHQTOO.

[Image: captainandtennille.jpg]

If those dogs outlived the C&T's marriage, it only reinforces my belief that bulldogs are amazing (which no one else in my family understands - bigots!!!).
I knew it wouldn't last.
(01-24-2014, 02:37 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I knew it wouldn't last.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

I think she deserves some credit for making it nearly 40 years looking at that damned captain's hat glued to his head.

She probably ran off with Captain Stubing - natural is good.

Brett Michaels (I like him) might wanna give this heart-breaking situation some consideration and finally ditch the bandana.
(01-24-2014, 03:00 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Brett Michaels (I like him) might wanna give this heart-breaking situation some consideration and finally ditch the bandana.

Oh come on HoTD! Did you watch those Rock of Love series? I did. It was like watching a car wreck and cringing at the same time. That guy would have more STDs than a Sexual Health laboratory.
(01-24-2014, 05:39 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: That guy would have more STDs than a Sexual Health laboratory.

I thought he was in a relationship with the mother of his children and has been for years & years.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-24-2014, 07:30 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 05:39 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: That guy would have more STDs than a Sexual Health laboratory.

I thought he was in a relationship with the mother of his children and has been for years & years.

I don't think so.
(01-24-2014, 10:00 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 07:30 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't think so.

I don't know anything about Bret Michaels' sex life; didn't watch the Love show.

Watched a season of Celebrity Apprentice a few years ago when my nephew was staying with me. Bret Michaels was one of the competitors; he seemed like a decent guy.

Never seen him make the news for being an asshole, or committing a crime, or some silly drama either.

So, I still like what I've seen of him, even if he has STDs. I'm not gonna sleep with him or anything.