DO YOU DATE?

...or would you if you were single?

Someone was telling me about her date, not exactly him, but the event, so to speak. It sounded like a big goddamn pain in the ass. I'm not so sure I would ever put myself through that again. Can't teach an old dog new tricks & all that stuff.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-05-2014, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...or would you if you were single?

Someone was telling me about her date, not exactly him, but the event, so to speak. It sounded like a big goddamn pain in the ass. I'm not so sure I would ever put myself through that again. Can't teach an old dog new tricks & all that stuff.
It's difficult. I started in bars. That really sucked. Tried online for a while which was more or less a hook up for hot horny chicks in my area and while that worked for a while (due to the consentual nature of it), I realized I wanted more than just a booty call on weekends. It's tough out there Duchess. But in all honesty it beats the hell out of the alternative. I'd rather date eternally or function as a single unit than live one more minute on this earth with my ex.
My idea of a perfect date would be to hang out with the Mockers in real life, even if we were all sitting around just drinking coffee and arguing. To go out on a date with a guy and for him to try to impress me wreaks of boredom overload.
Been with the same lady for 10 years now, so probably not a dating expert anymore.
Did it for a long time, on line, bars, friend of a friend, all that.
Sometimes it was great, met some very nice ladies and a few bitches.
Overall a good experience, but not sure I would want to go through it again.
(02-05-2014, 05:20 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: To go out on a date with a guy and for him to try to impress me wreaks of boredom overload.

Why would I need to impress you? I'd only have to sit there and let you look at me to do that..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
That's what people do they try and impress each other and make a good impression on dates. I don't date. That's it. You either connect with someone or not, the rest to me, is all pretentious shit.
I like dating someone that I'm already in like/love with and where there's a strong attraction.

It's fun to plan what I'm gonna wear and put some time into what I look like and all that stuff. Comfortable and exciting.

Never been on a blind date and rarely gone out with guys that I didn't know fairly well in some context beforehand. I don't think I'd be much interested in that kind of dating if I was single; never minded being unattached for any length of time.
(02-05-2014, 06:19 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: That's what people do they try and impress each other and make a good impression on dates.

I usually just sit there and listen. It seems to work. Most women want to be heard.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Well, crash, if you were fishing for a date with aussie, I think you've got your answer.

Too bad; picturing you and aussie sitting across from each other in a dark cozy little booth in the back of a nice Indian joint is making me smile.

Not sure why, but my image includes one or both of you getting flat out drunk before the end of dinner.
I think a cup of coffee with Loosey Loo would be an interesting and fun time, for sure, but I don't see us as having that much in common so as far as a date, I don't think so. Sorry, no bait on this hook, HotD.

Drinking with Loosey would be a car crash in slow motion.
(02-05-2014, 05:20 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: hang out with the Mockers in real life

I've imagined that a few times, usually around the holidays when I'm feeling all sentimental 'n shit. I can imagine doing things with some Mockers and I imagine laughter, lots of laughter.Cheers
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-05-2014, 06:37 PM)crash Wrote: I think a cup of coffee with Loosey Loo would be an interesting and fun time, for sure, but I don't see us as having that much in common so as far as a date, I don't think so. Sorry, no bait on this hook, HotD.

I don't think you can tell how much you would have in common with someone just going by what is said on the the internet, especially a forum of this nature. You might hit it off with the unlikeliest of people.

For example I'm really quiet IRL which no one would probably guess. I can get along with everyone fine, but the people I usually get along with best are more of the extroverted type, although there are exceptions. I'm not one to just start running my mouth, someone has to get the conversation going and we either spark or not.

Aussie is someone I think I would like IRL. She's friendly and easy to talk to even though she's a nut fuck.
(02-05-2014, 03:54 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: It's difficult. I started in bars. That really sucked. Tried online for a while which was more or less a hook up for hot horny chicks in my area and while that worked for a while (due to the consentual nature of it), I realized I wanted more than just a booty call on weekends. It's tough out there Duchess. But in all honesty it beats the hell out of the alternative. I'd rather date eternally or function as a single unit than live one more minute on this earth with my ex.

Well, yeah, Gunnar, those consensual hook ups tend to be the best types.

I'm playing with you; I know what you meant.

I understand if you don't wanna answer, but were you seriously blind for a lot of years - partially or fully?

Just a little curious. I think figurative blind dates would be a little challenging, literal blind dates even more so. But, I've got no experience there.
(02-05-2014, 07:09 PM)sally Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 06:37 PM)crash Wrote: I think a cup of coffee with Loosey Loo would be an interesting and fun time, for sure, but I don't see us as having that much in common so as far as a date, I don't think so. Sorry, no bait on this hook, HotD.

Aussie is someone I think I would like IRL. She's friendly and easy to talk to even though she's a nut fuck.

You crack me up, Sally.

I'm pretty outgoing and I can be loud too. You might like that perhaps?

I agree with you about Aussie. I think she'd be fun to meet.
I hope I haven't told my Blind Date story before because I don't want to be redundant.

12 years ago, recently divorced from my first wife and I'm dating again. I was 35 (looked 28) and was in the best shape of my life.

A married acquaintance of mine (female) wanted to set me up with one of her friends.

We met at a bar (don't know if that's S.O.P. for a blind date or not, it was my first time). She had probably had a couple of drinks beforehand (I had not). I was wearing my navy blue suit and was well groomed.

Anyway, within 10 minutes of sitting in a booth with this woman, we were full-on making out. She then proceeds to get on top of me, straddling my lap. At that point, the bartender comes over and says we can't do that in the bar. Oops.

She then kind of sobers up, tells me that all men are selfish and pigs, and runs off to her car.

Wow! What an interesting 30 minutes that was.

My acquaintance tells me the next day how badly the woman felt and wondered if I would be interested in trying it again. I declined and also declined to ever try another blind date.
(02-05-2014, 07:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: She then kind of sobers up, tells me that all men are selfish and pigs, and runs off to her car.

Smiley_emoticons_smile Okay, MS. Your story did make me smile and shake my head - I admit it.

On a serious note, I'm guessing your challenges controlling flatulence kicked in about 29 minutes into the date.

It kinda stinks, but if you ever find yourself single again, it's really best to keep that to yourself til the second or third date - even for a hard-bodied, young-beyond-his-years, well-groomed, newly-divorced, ladies man.

I don't think even the dapper blue duds could buffer that first-date deal-breaker (especially with a straddler).
I was never much for casual dating. After my marriage was done and my next major relationship crumbled suddenly, I found the whole concept of going out and socializing very...wearying. I stayed home for a very long time.
I consider myself lucky to have found a woman who -

A - can put up with me for extended periods without wanting to stab me with a kitchen knife.

B - isn't a raving nympho with borderline personality disorder.

And C - understands my sense of humour isn't personal.

If I was single again I probably would date but unless I met an amazing woman like my wife again it would be just no strings sex I think.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(02-05-2014, 07:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I hope I haven't told my Blind Date story before because I don't want to be redundant.

12 years ago, recently divorced from my first wife and I'm dating again. I was 35 (looked 28) and was in the best shape of my life.

A married acquaintance of mine (female) wanted to set me up with one of her friends.

We met at a bar (don't know if that's S.O.P. for a blind date or not, it was my first time). She had probably had a couple of drinks beforehand (I had not). I was wearing my navy blue suit and was well groomed.

Anyway, within 10 minutes of sitting in a booth with this woman, we were full-on making out. She then proceeds to get on top of me, straddling my lap. At that point, the bartender comes over and says we can't do that in the bar. Oops.

She then kind of sobers up, tells me that all men are selfish and pigs, and runs off to her car.

My acquaintance tells me the next day how badly the woman felt and wondered if I would be interested in trying it again. I declined and also declined to ever try another blind date.

That one sounds almost plausible.

Keep working on it.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(02-05-2014, 08:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 07:46 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: She then kind of sobers up, tells me that all men are selfish and pigs, and runs off to her car.

Smiley_emoticons_smile Okay, MS. Your story did make me smile and shake my head - I admit it.

On a serious note, I'm guessing your challenges controlling flatulence kicked in about 29 minutes into the date.

It kinda stinks, but if you ever find yourself single again, it's really best to keep that to yourself til the second or third date - even for a hard-bodied, young-beyond-his-years, well-groomed, newly-divorced, ladies man.

I don't think even the dapper blue duds could buffer that first-date deal-breaker (especially with a straddler).

I actually don't tell anyone about my flatulence until its too late.....

For them.