Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Zoo death row
Earlier this week a young Giraffe in a Danish zoo called Marius was killed by staff because of something to do with rules on breeding/inbreeding.

There were protests and a petition and a significant amount of money was pledged by people to offer Marius alternative accomodation instead of him being put down but he was put down anyway.

He was then dissected in front of a crowd of watching children and his meat was used to feed some canivorous animals in the zoo.

Now another zoo in Denmark is saying it might have to put down another young Giraffe who, in a somewhat cruel twist of fate, is also called Marius!

Why let Giraffes be born if you are going to have to kill them later?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(02-13-2014, 12:23 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: He was then dissected in front of a crowd of watching children and his meat was used to feed some canivorous animals in the zoo.

I saw a split second of that on CNN. It showed children crying & others covering their little faces with their hands and I quickly cut it off. I didn't want to see or hear any more. What the fuck were they thinking to do something like that in front of children!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-13-2014, 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:
What the fuck were they thinking to do something like that in front of children!

Circle of Life.
What has dissecting a zoo animal in front of upset children got to do with the “circle of life”?

Breeding an animal in captivity then killing it and dissecting it in front of crying kids has nothing to do with mother nature at all.

What lesson do the kids take home from this? “If you breed an animal that somehow breaks some obscure breeding regulations, kill it and dissect in front of the neighbours and then let them take the meat away to feed their cats and dogs”?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
This story was absolutely horrific. When I saw pictures of the gorgeous giraffe it broke my heart. The giraffe was so healthy and fine and not hurting anyone. They could have looked for other options. The zoo staff have since been getting death threats as this went global. The backlash was understandably enormous. They should be charged with a crime, I think it is criminal what they did.

The Japanese come down here every year hanging around Antarctic waters and slaughter whales. Australia wont do anything about it. To me it is brutal, bloody and murder. It's a horrific scene and they do it to large numbers of whales. It's like those horrible evil scum that kill elephants, how do they live with themselves? Surely it must come back on them. Such evil.
In the same region, a couple of hundred kids are kidnapped, addicted to drugs, given weapons and taught to fight for a cause they're not even yet old enough to understand and you've got your knickers in a bunch over a few elephants?

Righto..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(02-13-2014, 03:36 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: What has dissecting a zoo animal in front of upset children got to do with the “circle of life”?

I saw it as an "Animal Planet" thing . . . without the editing.

The poor lions are denied their "right" to hunt, kill and enjoy critters, due to their confinement. Since the lion is known as the "King of the Jungle", majesty should be respected and thus served.

Besides, this just might be a positive learning experience and turn the little bastards into bleeding heart animal lovers.

Maybe they'll rally to end zoos worldwide . . . or have them all running home to feed their cats green, leafy salads.

Give 'em some Chicken McNuggets to soothe their troubled and traumatized minds.

Or medicate the fuck out of them while playing the Smith's Meat is Murder.
The giraffe was killed because they wanted to introduce a female and they thought the two male Giraffes would fight over her like they do in the wild.

Therefore this Giraffe was denied its “natural right” to fight for the female and killed to deny that right.

Its like Nazi eugenics, one male giraffe was declared “undesirable” like the “undesirables” sent to Auschwitz.

So lions right to eat fresh meat? Yaaaah! Giraffes right to breed naturally? Booooo!