Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Style
Do you have it? I mean in terms of fashion and dress? If you have a style what is it? How would you define it?

At work I dress like a man in black, a cross between a federal agent and a funeral director.

At leisure the black theme continues but its definitely more casual, its sort of a cross between a football hooligan and a goth skateboarder.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

I wear a lot of Ralph Lauren and don't really concern myself with "trends" like I used to. I like accessories and I'm on a scarf/pashmina kick right now. Most days are spent working from home so you'd probably find me in yoga pants/pj pants, a cami and my favorite Uggs. I spend about 20-25 minutes tops getting ready for my day & I'm not a primper. I'm kinda lazy about some of this stuff.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
At work I have to be a fine upstanding pillar of the community and dress business casual. Off work I'm generally wearing a metal t-shirt that offends religious norms.

NP: Into The Crypts of Rays - Celtic Frost \m/\m/
You don't need mountains of money to have style. You can have style on a budget. It is nice to have your own style and have some nice clothes too though. I am a black tshirt gal as much as possible.

Things that used to mean a lot to me no longer do, clothes is one of them. Gotta have a nice bag though.
I am a Wranglers and Boots or Cargo Pants and Hikers kind of guy for the work week and most of the off time, very little needs doing if it can't be done in those.
But I do like to put on some fine threads and step out on occasion, Tommy Bahama Silks are a particular fave
I'm a jeans, boots, sweater girl in winter. Capris, tshirt or blouse and sandals in the summer when I'm going out and about. If I'm hanging out at home, I'm more casual. Jeans and a hoodie or tshirt. I do love jewelery and accessories like scarves though. When I'm working I like pants and blouses with heels. I don't wear skirts or dresses that much.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I just bought a pair of shoes for 600 bucks, silly question!
Mostly just t-shirts, jeans and flip flops. When I want to get fancy I like pin stripe pants, a tight sweater and short heels, not the ridiculous ones that make you a ft. taller. No accessories or jewelry, I don't like stuff hanging off me.
(03-04-2014, 10:12 AM)sally Wrote: Mostly just t-shirts, jeans and flip flops. When I want to get fancy I like pin stripe pants, a tight sweater and short heels, not the ridiculous ones that make you a ft. taller. No accessories or jewelry, I don't like stuff hanging off me.
I can't wear jewelry, allergic to metals. I have the septum piercing and for whatever reason that doesn't seem to bother me, but no watches, rings or necklaces for me.
I don't even wear a wedding ring. I lost it 20 years ago and told my husband not to bother buying another one, I can think of better things to spend money on.
(03-04-2014, 10:12 AM)sally Wrote: Mostly just t-shirts, jeans and flip flops. When I want to get fancy I like pin stripe pants, a tight sweater and short heels, not the ridiculous ones that make you a ft. taller. No accessories or jewelry, I don't like stuff hanging off me.

That's me, except for the pin stripe pants.

Getting dressed up for a gala or another event that took hours of prep time used to be fun, now I wouldn't care a wit if I never had to do it again. I don't even take the time to blow my hair straight anymore.
(03-04-2014, 11:12 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I can't wear jewelry, allergic to metals. I have the septum piercing and for whatever reason that doesn't seem to bother me, but no watches, rings or necklaces for me.

So you can't have metal touching your skin but you can have it piercing your flesh?

How strange, that's bit like saying I can't eat meat but I do enjoy a tasty pandas cock everyday.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Flip flops? Hmmmm classy.

You sound like Peg Bundy from Married with Children.

Are you Peg Bundy?

“Let's have sex Al!” “Urgh! No Peg!”
(03-04-2014, 03:50 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote:

Flip flops? Hmmmm classy.

You sound like Peg Bundy from Married with Children.

Are you Peg Bundy?

“Let's have sex Al!” “Urgh! No Peg!”

Peg Bundy didn't wear flip flops you fucking idiot. She didn't wear anything but hot pants and high heels on the show.

I live in Florida, flip flops are common here.

I'd love to be running around in a pair of flip flops right now. Soon!
I live across the street from the ocean, it's common to see women in the grocery store with their bathing suits on.
(03-06-2014, 12:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd love to be running around in a pair of flip flops right now. Soon!

Exactly 3 weeks for me.
(03-03-2014, 05:38 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You don't need mountains of money to have style. You can have style on a budget. It is nice to have your own style and have some nice clothes too though. I am a black tshirt gal as much as possible.

I didn't see anyone mention money until you did. Are you a thrift shopaholic, Aussie?

I know this woman who is always showing me her Salvation Army finds. Good for her but I don't really need to know you paid a dollar for your damn used shoes, thanks anyway.
Commando Cunt Queen