Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
wtf is going on in Ohio?
A Clermont County, Ohio mother says her son's friends injected him with heroin, causing his death, then took pictures of him after he died of an overdose and posted them on Facebook.

"Dylan had a great beautiful smile and a laugh that was contagious," his mother Tina Owens said in an exclusive interview with WLWT Friday.

The former Goshen High School football player was just weeks away from enlisting in the Army when his family's world turned upside down.

"Everybody in this town would tell you that Dylan would always have your back. That night in my home, nobody had Dylan's back, nobody," Owens said.

The teen died inside his Goshen home on Oct. 27.

Tina Owens said three of his friends had a hand in his death.

This week, Maddison Rogers, 22, of Maineville, was indicted on charges involuntary manslaughter and corrupting another with drugs.

She's accused of injecting heroin into Dylan Owens' arms.

But she's the only one of the three, who according to police reports, were with Dylan the night he died, who has been charged.

"It's a small town and things happen. But it shouldn't have happened the way it happened that night," Tina Owens said.

Tina Owens said not only did her son's friends wait hours to call for help, but she said the trio abused his lifeless body, handcuffing his wrist to a bedpost.

Then it got worse.

"The one boy videotaped my son and took pictures of Dylan and posted it on Facebook. These pictures got out to certain individuals that were Dylan's friends. It got out to his brother," Tina Owens said. "There were three people there, there were three people involved and they should all pay for what they did to Dylan."

But the Clermont County prosecutor said he doesn't expect the other two to be charged unless new evidence is uncovered.

That's not what Owens' mother wants to hear.

"Dylan would have my back and I want to have his and I just want justice," Tina Owens said. "I don't know why they would be so callous and cruel or heartless."

Dylan Owens left behind a 2-year-old son, Bentley.

Rogers is being held in the Clermont County Jail on $250,000 bond

ttp://www.12newsnow.com/story/24874762/mom-friends-fatally-injected-man-with-heroin-took-photos-after-death-read-more-httpwwwwlwtcomnewsmom-friends-fatally-injected-man-with-heroin-took
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
Some warped stuff, for sure.

[Image: dylan4n-3-web.jpg]
^ This is Maddison Rogers.

[Image: dylan4n-4-web.jpg]
^ This was Dylan Owens. RIP.

I know Dylan's mom wants the other two people who were present to be arrested. I don't think that's gonna happen though. Maddison allegedly administered the fatal dose of heroin. As for the other two, even though taking pictures of their dead friend and posting them is terribly messed up, it's not illegal AFAIK.

They have no respect for life, not a one of them.

Good luck to the Mom. I hope she has some success in making sure they all pay.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-04-2014, 11:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:

They have no respect for life, not a one of them.

Good luck to the Mom. I hope she has some success in making sure they all pay.

I agree that they're disrespectful fucks and since Rogers shot up Dylan with the fatal dose, involuntary manslaughter charges are appropriate.

But, do you really think the other two should face legal charges for being disrespectful fucks?

I understand his family's grief, particularly his mother's, but don't think the two others should pay legally unless they did something illegal that we don't know about.

If they'd been busted in possession of heroin, or supplied tainted heroin, or there was evidence indicating that this was an intentional murder and they helped orchestrate it...or something like that, I'd want them locked up too.
If my kids did that I would want them charged as I would be so sickened and disturbed by their behavior.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-04-2014, 12:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, do you really think the other two should face legal charges for being disrespectful fucks?

No, that's going too far. I was disgusted & shot off my mouf. Smiley_emoticons_slash
(03-04-2014, 12:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 12:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: But, do you really think the other two should face legal charges for being disrespectful fucks?

No, that's going too far. I was disgusted & shot off my mouf. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I hear you; it is truly disgusting behavior.

I wonder if all 3 of Dylan's friends were stoned out of their minds at the time and how long it took them to realize that he was dead, rather than blotto wasted. Maybe we'll get more details when Rogers goes to trial or takes a plea deal.

Found this law that I think might apply, but probably only on the misdemeanor level.

Ohio -- 2927.01 Abuse of a corpse.
(A) No person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that the person knows would outrage reasonable family sensibilities.

(B) No person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities.

© Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of abuse of a corpse, a misdemeanor of the second degree. Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of gross abuse of a corpse, a felony of the fifth degree.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2927

Not sure why LE wouldn't charge all three of Dylan's friends with "abuse of a corpse" unless possibly they don't think or don't know if the trio realized Dylan was dead.

Anyway, really messed up story.
I've worked with a woman who became addicted to heroin because her drug dealing dad would test new junk on her first to make sure it was legit.

Lovely chap.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I was wondering about abuse of a corpse also. I was also eondering if they should be accessories to manslaughter. They were there when she gave him the lethal dose. Just like robbery or flat out murder, that would make them guilty, but to a lesser degree. Right?
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
There's not much detail regarding what went down, Wildflower. It's hard to know what charges might be applicable without the suspect and witness statements and the police report.

I have a picture in my head based on what little has been released and an idea as to why only Maddison is being charged. I don't know if the picture is accurate, but this is what I imagine.

These young adults were friends and did drugs together in the past. They were messing around with heroin and very ignorant about it. They would not have cuffed and posted pictures of their friend Dylan if they'd known he was dead -- they wouldn't have wanted to finger themselves. They didn't report that he was dead for a few hours -- it took them a while to realize that he was not just out of it --they didn't realize that they were messing with a corpse til after the pics and posts.

Once they realized Dylan was dead, they panicked and tried to figure out what to do (possibly got rid of drugs and paraphernalia before calling cops). They didn't flee the scene or dump him outside of an emergency room and take off as sometimes happen with ODs where the people present don't want to get busted. Maddison incriminated herself about injecting the shot (either in the posts, pics, or when police arrived -- so, she's screwed and charged with "involuntary" manslaughter because her actions actually led to the death of her friend, even though death was not in the plan when the party started). The others are dipshits, but cops don't feel they're worth pursuing and lack any evidence proving anything other than they're dipshits, which is not a crime. There was no intent to commit a crime by anyone involved, other than the illegal drug use. Were the three friends drug tested? IDK.

All just speculation and could be way off. If you have or get more details about what actually went down, would be very interested to see them. It's a sad and interesting case.
I feel less sorry for people who off themselves via drug abuse. You pays your ticket you takes your chances. As much as these kids were dumbasses I don't think ruining their lives over what was essentially a grown man's willing act of stupidity is gonna help matters much. It's not like that girl held him down while she pumped smack into his arm. Maybe they should charge the mom with not training her kid not to be an idiot. If it isn't mom's fault he made a terrible life choice it isn't his girlfriend's fault either.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
"HEROIN KILLS" BILLBOARDS IN DAYTON, OHIO
[Image: 622x350.jpg]

Officials in a southwest Ohio county hope that graphic images on two large digital billboards will push heroin addicts to get help.

County Commissioner Dan Foley said the problem demands the strong message after 225 people in the county of more than 500,000 people died from drug overdoses last year, according to the Dayton Daily News (http://bit.ly/Sic7sM).

"We're not naive. We don't believe that two billboards are going to all of a sudden turn this thing around," Foley said. "But we're hoping this will be a very visual, top-of-mind message to the community that there are people in the community who want to help them."

The Montgomery County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board and the sheriff's office are each spending $2,600 to place the messages on two large digital billboards in the Dayton area.

Drug-overdose deaths hit a record 1,914 in Ohio in 2012. Officials statewide have struggled to get a handle on the heroin epidemic that for many addicts started with an addiction to prescription pain pills.

"The people who are dying are not junkies that are shooting up in some dark alley," Plummer said. "The people who are dying as we've all heard are mothers, our fathers, our sisters and brothers. They are people that many in the community know intimately."

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/05/21/41...rylink=cpy
-------------------------------------------------------------
225 heroin overdose deaths in one county is unbelievable, to me. That's more people than were murdered in San Francisco and Oakland California combined last year.

There are less than 20 heroin deaths a year in San Francisco now -- but that's largely credited to naloxone, a drug that is administered by nasal spray or injection and used in emergency room to prevent OD deaths and also used in rehab programs for heroin addicts.

The emergency drug works to block the action of the opiate on the nerve and brain cells, counteracting the opiate's depression of the central nervous system and respiratory system. This causes an immediate and unpleasant withdrawal and reverses a potentially deadly overdose. Without naloxone, there would have been around 285 deaths in San Francisco in 2012.

Of course, since heroin addiction and deaths is way down here, Oxycontin and other prescription pill addictions has increased substantially.

I wonder if the opposite is happening in Dayton. Big crack downs on scripts driving people back to heroin? Also wondering if Dayton emergency rooms are using naloxone and, if so, how high the death rate would be without it.

Naloxone ref: http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/S-F...401624.php
Heroine is making a big comeback all over the country. It's cheap and easy to get. It's a very dangerous situation.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Yikes. I live in Dayton and I had no idea it was so bad.

Nice to see you in Mock, tlynne!
Blowing-kisses

(05-23-2014, 05:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Nice to see you in Mock, tlynne!