Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
YOU DIRTY RAT!!!
This is funny to me, but I'm warped...

I'm sure I'd think it anything but funny if the beast had set up camp in my home, though.

Story:
A gigantic rat invaded the home of Erik Korsas and Signe Bengtsoon and set up shop under their kitchen sink; the rat was dubbed Ratzilla by the news media.

"We thought it could be a little mouse, but after a while we figured it couldn't be because it was making too much noise," Bengtsson told The Local.

She got the shock of her life a few days later when she discovered the mutant gulping down leftovers under the sink. "It was right there in our rubbish bin, a mighty monster. I was petrified. I couldn't believe such a big rat could exist," she told the website. "I couldn't help but do the old classic and jump on the kitchen table and scream."

The pest apparently got into the kitchen through a ventilation pipe, after gnawing through cement and wood. Ratzilla was so horrifying that the family cat refused to enter the kitchen, the BBC reports.

Eventually, the rat was trapped by its neck, but took its sweet time dying, preferring to crawl behind the dishwasher for its final moments on Earth.

The carcass measured about 16 inches in length, not counting the tail, and weighed around 2.2 pounds.

"The kids were afraid it would come back to life as some sort of zombie rat" Korsas told The Local.

[Image: o-HUGE-RAT-570.jpg?6]
Ratzilla, RIP

Ref:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/28...49593.html

I feel bad for it. Much in the same way I feel bad for big, ol' alligators who have lived long and successfully evaded death only to be brought down in their golden years.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Now THAT is a big ass rat!

Are they sure that's not a possum?

hah
Big as a possum, but without the pointy snout
What country was this rat found in?
(03-31-2014, 02:27 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: What country was this rat found in?

Ratzilla was a Swede.
Holy shit!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-31-2014, 01:43 PM)Duchess Wrote: I feel bad for it. Much in the same way I feel bad for big, ol' alligators who have lived long and successfully evaded death only to be brought down in their golden years.

I thought it was amusing to read about a rat breaking into a house through concrete, scaring the shit outta the cat, and "terrorizing" a family from under the sink.

Once I saw the specific rat, I totally understood why the family and their pet felt under siege. It would have freaked me out to find that super-sized mofo making himself at home in my place.

Anyway, I'm not happy or sad that the home invader was killed, but wish Ratzilla's death could have been immediate and painless. Looks like he had a good run and was livin' large for years, at least.

I always feel bad for most critters that are killed but I do at least understand why this one was, that's not always the case.
That story would never happen in America. We got guns.
I feel bad for him, but I'd rather him dead than in my house. I wouldn't mind them so much if they didn't shit and piss on everything they come in contact with. They really are dirty bastards.
(03-31-2014, 02:35 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Ratzilla was a Swede.
*crosses Sweeden off his bucket list*
(04-01-2014, 01:02 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Ratzilla was a Swede.

Ratzilla is an anomaly -- thus his "global weird news" stardom.

Sweden is really beautiful, in more ways than one.
Sweden is a very cool place, I spent about a month over there back in '88
(04-01-2014, 01:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 01:02 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Ratzilla was a Swede.

Ratzilla is an anomaly -- thus his "global weird news" stardom.

Sweden is really beautiful, in more ways than one.
Yeah, well i've been there before, just didn't see so good at the time. Norway is first on my list anyway.

We used to have a Member who lived in Norway. He died. I don't think he ever posted any pix though, Mock wasn't really the kind of place where that was done back in the day. Some of the original Mockers might remember Newbie.
I saw much better than I do now when I was in Sweden; didn't glimpse any big fat cat-sized rats or anything like that. Pretty place.

MS was stationed in Norway for a while -- it's the setting for some of his tales of being lusted after by big-busted lovelies; a literal sight-seeing extravaganza for him.

Anyway, hope you make it there, Gunnar. I like the landscape, the people, the yacht dock restaurants, the Vigeland sculptures in Frogner -- but, didn't get far out of Oslo.

Denmark is on my bucket list. Missed a ferry trip from Oslo and never made it there. Maybe some day.
(04-02-2014, 04:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

We used to have a Member who lived in Norway. He died. I don't think he ever posted any pix though, Mock wasn't really the kind of place where that was done back in the day. Some of the original Mockers might remember Newbie.

He posted a picture. I had it in my photobucket because I chopped him into a lady with a wig and lipstick, but I deleted it. I had one of Moose in a wig too. Seemed creepy to keep them in my photobucket account though.
I want to go to Iceland.

Random fact #316: Iceland is more green and Greenland is more ice.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021