Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MOM KILLS 6 BABIES: MEGAN HUNTSMAN
Speechless...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/sns-rt-...9960.story

Utah woman arrested after police find seven dead infants at home

A Utah woman was arrested and booked on suspicion of murder on Sunday after police found the decomposing bodies of seven infants stuffed in separate cardboard boxes in her former home, authorities said.

The current owners of the home in Pleasant Grove, Utah, called police on Saturday after finding an infant's remains while cleaning out their garage, Pleasant Grove Police Captain Michael Roberts said.

Police found six other newborns, all wrapped in separate cardboard boxes, Roberts said. Six of the newborns appeared to have died from asphyxiation and the seventh was believed to be stillborn, he said.

Megan Huntsman, 39, was arrested and booked into the Utah County jail on suspicion of six counts of murder early Sunday, and the investigation is continuing, Roberts said.

"This is unbelievable, I can't even fathom it. It doesn't make any sense at all," Roberts said.

Police believe the seven children were born to Huntsman from about 1996 to 2006. She is the only person of interest in the case and was cooperative with police, Roberts said.
(04-14-2014, 08:12 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Speechless...

Utah woman arrested after police find seven dead infants at home

Police believe the seven children were born to Huntsman from about 1996 to 2006. She is the only person of interest in the case and was cooperative with police, Roberts said.

Very bizarre story, Six.

This is Megan Huntsman.
[Image: utah-mom-murdered-6-babies.jpg]

Giving birth and killing her own babies is so twisted. Then, moving out of the home and leaving their bodies there is weird too.

I wanna know if she carried them all full term and how it is that this woman kept having babies without anybody questioning where they went.

I read a little about it in the Daily Mail so take that into consideration -

All babies except for one were full term and born alive. She reportedly strangled/smothered them upon their birth. No one, including her husband and daughters, ever knew she was pregnant, the neighbors say she's a slender girl whose weight fluctuated but the difference was never enough to indicate this was a pregnant woman.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
So fucked. How could no one know she was pregnant 7 times?? I find that hard to believe. And what sickness makes a woman kill her babies?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-14-2014, 08:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote: And what sickness makes a woman kill her babies?

I don't know, but I'm curious too.

There are cases of women who killed their kids because they wanted attention and sympathy -- attributed to Munchausen by Proxy. That doesn't apply here since allegedly nobody was aware the babies existed.

There are also cases of women who killed their children because they thought they weren't good enough mothers so they wanted to send them to a better place -- attributed to severe Postpartum Depression. That doesn't seem to apply either because that typically sets in at 4 weeks or longer after birth.

Then there are just the selfish soulless ones who decided they didn't want their kids any longer so they killed them quickly or via chronic abuse and neglect.

I've read about young women who hid their pregnancies and then killed the newborns because they were scared or didn't know what to do. But, I've never heard of a grown married woman having multiple babies only to kill them immediately, without anybody knowing of the pregnancies or births. A terrible alternative to abortion? Just likes to kill and didn't want to be caught so she created her own secret victims? Voices in her head?

If they were really in the dark, her family must be freaking out.
(04-14-2014, 07:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I read a little about it in the Daily Mail so take that into consideration -

All babies except for one were full term and born alive. She reportedly strangled/smothered them upon their birth. No one, including her husband and daughters, ever knew she was pregnant, the neighbors say she's a slender girl whose weight fluctuated but the difference was never enough to indicate this was a pregnant woman.

That's what's being reported in some updates as well.

Turns out that it was her estranged husband who discovered the first body while cleaning out the garage after he got out of prison (she no longer lived there). He and his family called police and they found the other six bodies.

The husband, Darren West, was in jail for intent to produce meth and police believe that he was the father of all of the babies and really didn't know. Maybe Megan was on meth back then?

Very weird story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-utah-mo...-6-babies/
How does a man not know that his wife is pregnant 7 times in 10 years?
Maybe they were both on meth? Maybe they didn't have sex and the kids were from other men? It's a mystery to be sure.

What about Megan's mug shot? That is the weirdest facial expression I've ever seen for an accused multiple murderer. I can't stop laughing at her expression. I feel like a heel for laughing at a woman accused of killing 6 defenseless children but I can't help it.

Mea culpa.
Her mugshot is kinda funny, Cheyne.

This is a photo of Megan Huntsman in 2010 -- she looks much different than she does now.
[Image: article-2603887-1D1D1ACC00000578-367_634x504.jpg]

According to the latest, investigators are currently DNA testing all of the bodies. They will be able to determine the sex of each and whether or not they were all fathered by her estranged husband, Darren West.

But, they most likely won't be able to determine how the babies died. This could enable her to contend that they were all stillborn if she rescinds her initial confession to police.

LE is investigating whether Megan was on drugs during the decade she gave birth to the seven babies.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/15...56010.html
----------------------------------------------------

This is not LE-verified: According to a neighbor, Darren West (pic below) is now claiming that the babies could not have been his.

[Image: article-2604809-1D208ECD00000578-170_306x396.jpg]

And, word is that she and their daughters were kicked outta the house (owned by his parents) in 2011 when his parents found out that she was having an affair with a co-worker while Darren was in the pen.

Source: http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/04/15/utah...rren-west/
No one will ever convince me that a woman can be pregnant 7 times and nobody could tell. Bullshit!
(04-16-2014, 11:22 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: No one will ever convince me that a woman can be pregnant 7 times and nobody could tell. Bullshit!

It is really hard to believe, but sounds like police think she hid not only the pregnancies of the seven babies found in cardboard boxes in the garage, but also those of her living children ages 13 to 20. So effin' weird.

Here's the latest:

Snip:
Hiding pregnancies is something police suspect Huntsman has done all her life. (Pleasant Grove Police Captain) Roberts said his department has gathered information suggesting that the pregnancies of two of her three living daughters were also hidden until the day she gave birth. He said she apparently gave birth to all her babies, both living and deceased, in her house — although Roberts declined to go into details Thursday — and did not see a doctor at all during her pregnancy.

"I was told she hid the first two. The family didn't know about it until the day she delivered," he said.

Roberts said he could only speculate that baggy clothing and not going out in public much was the way she kept her pregnancies secret.

Huntsman was recently pregnant with a child with her current boyfriend, according to neighbors. But even he didn't find out about it until she reportedly had a miscarriage.

"We think we know the motive" for the alleged killings, the captain said, but he declined to elaborate. He said, however, neither drugs, alcohol nor mental illness are believed to be factors.

"Just from our interaction with her, she doesn't appear to be mentally ill. We had good communication. But it's always a possibility," he said.

Roberts said he didn't want to discuss a possible motive yet because there are still "too many open doors" that need to be addressed before the case is brought to a conclusion.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86560...-case.html
--------------------------------------

FBI DNA analysts are working on verifying that Huntsman and West are the parents of all the bodies found in the garage.

Huntsman was in court today for her scheduled arraignment and requested a public defender, which the judge assigned. The prosecutor requested more time to pull all of the evidence together before filing formal charges -- she will be back in court on April 28.
(04-14-2014, 08:12 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Speechless...

LE has revealed Huntsman's motive.

She was addicted to meth all of those years and didn't want the responsibility of caring for the babies. According to her reported confession, she wasn't afraid of the babies having health problems, they just didn't fit with her lifestyle.

I guess birth control and abortion didn't fit with her selfish meth-fueled priorities either.

It's looking like nobody else knew she was pregnant all 7 times. Amazing.

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/08..._ref=crime
Paternity Confirmed

Snip:
Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Mike Roberts said Tuesday that the results from the FBI show that five of the babies were girls and two were boys, and that Darren West was their biological father. Roberts says all seven newborns were full term.

Huntsman, 39, is charged with six counts of first-degree murder. She told officers that she strangled or suffocated six of the babies from 1996 to 2006. Huntsman said one of the infants was stillborn.

Roberts told CBS affiliate KUTV that during an interrogation, the suspect said she had a ferocious drug habit, and that her habit led her to kill her children.

"During the interview, she basically stated that it came down to the babies or the drugs, and she didn't have the money for both," Roberts said.

Huntsman's estranged husband lived with her during the decade the babies were killed before going to federal prison on drug charges from 2006 until January. (Darren) West is not a suspect and police do not believe he had knowledge of the pregnancies.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dna-ids-fath...-utah-mom/
(04-15-2014, 09:22 PM)Cheyne Wrote: How does a man not know that his wife is pregnant 7 times in 10 years?
Maybe they were both on meth?

I don't know about the husband (Darren West) Cheyne, but you were right about Megan Huntsman -- she admitted that her addiction to meth contributed to the murders. She also claimed she was is an abusive marriage and felt like she was sparing the babies "in some small way".

Today, Megan Huntsman was sentenced to at least 30 years behind bars.

Snip:
Huntsman told police she strangled or suffocated at least six babies immediately after she gave birth to them between 1996 and 2006. The seventh, she said, was stillborn.

"Each baby was found wrapped in either a towel or a shirt, placed inside of a plastic bag, and each was contained in a separate cardboard box," a probable cause statement from last year said.

"It's been horrible for our department," Pleasant Grove police detective Dan Beckstrom told CNN affiliate KSL. "Some of the things officers saw in that garage, they can never unsee."

DNA testing showed West to be the father of all seven children. He said he wasn't aware of any of the pregnancies.

Huntsman blamed her actions on her addictions. First methamphetamine, a habit she said she kicked, then alcohol.

"Depression and alcohol took hold of me the same way drugs did," she said in a statement read by her attorney. "I cannot give a reasonable answer why I was capable of such a sick and heinous crime. I held my secret for 18 years."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/21/us/uta...index.html
Her surviving daughters, her sister, and her mother all support Megan Huntsman.

Snip:
Her sister read letters from two of Huntsman's three daughters. Her mother also made a statement of support.

Huntsman's youngest daughter wrote of being "shocked and heartbroken" by her mother's crimes.

"This is not the Mom I know," her letter reads. "The Mom I know was the one who had dinner for us every night, a clean house and was a loving mother. Nobody could guess my mom would do anything like this."

Separately, Jamie Huntsman told the court her sister "is not a monster. She's not evil. From what I understand, she was scared."

Nonetheless, Provo Judge Darold McDade sentenced her to the maximum term, which will make her eligible for parole in 30 years.

Utah County Attorney Jeff Buhman said, however, he doubted Huntsman would ever be released.

"These were very cold and calculated killings," Buhman said. "She was a woman who was remarkably unbelievable and incredibly indifferent. She smothered or strangled six of her own flesh and blood."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/.../26102563/
I guess once you do the first few the rest get easier.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.