Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Longest You've gone without Sleep?
I'm where if I don't get a full six hours (I prefer seven...) then I'm cranky the next day and if I go two or three days in a row with less than six average I'm downright drowsy.

In college, during finals week, I went almost two days straight without sleep. Of course then, when it was all said and done I crashed for like 18 hours straight.

It's weird to go to sleep and wake up not knowing what part of the day it is let alone the time!

What is the longest you've gone without sleep?
(The sex thread got me thinking about this.)
9 days and a few hours.
Sleep deprivation is the oldest form of torture known to mankind. I think the longest was 4 days when my son was an infant. He would fall asleep for 20 mins. and then wake up and scream for an hour. He did this 24/7.

My husbandrefused toget up withhim because he worked all day and somehow thought I did nothing :Diablo:. I asked him one afternoonif he could please watch the baby just so I can take an hour nap. Once I fell asleep, the bastard brought him in screaming, put him in the crib, and shut the door.That was the only time I ever threatned to leave him and was serious.
My 9 days thing was by choice, for fun Smiley_emoticons_razz

Well, and the $500 pot for whoever could stay awake longest!
About 3 days. I was just in a weird space, mentally. No drugs were involved.
3 days, many times and usually when working on new websites or big projects for work. Just can not stop and have to get it done.
[user=47]Liquid[/user] wrote:
Quote:3 days, many times and usually when working on new websites or big projects for work. Just can not stop and have to get it done.

Any tricks on staying awake? I know, with what it is you do, more than simply being awake is required for you to give it your A game.
Lots of coffee?

I know a friend who swore to "black beauties" (speed) but know those will tear you up from the inside out.

And D, going nine days? Did you start to hallucinate toward the end?

SB and Sally, do you believe you could do it all over again today?
OnBendedKnee Wrote:And D, going nine days? Did you start to hallucinate toward the end?
I honestly don't remember much about it. That was 12 years ago. And there is no way I could do it now. But I probably did. Though the massive amounts of coke (the pop, not the drug) helped me keep going. 10 guys, 50 bucks in, whoever could take the money got it. Which meant whoever could stay awake the longest so no one else knew you took it. To this day no one else who was part of it knows who won. I slept for 30 hours afterwards too. Yup, coke and video games lol. Mostly Chrono Trigger and Secret of Evermore.
You must have been at the point of not just sheer exhaustion but damn near passing out medically.
Hah! I think I have a copy of Chrono Trigger. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I did start to play it, but got distracted and never went back. I kind of forgot about it, but it seemed like a cool game.

Could I do it again?? Hmmm I don't know. I was pretty sleepless when my son was born, and I'm really not sure how long that went on... but I did catch quick naps, so I don't count that. I know that during that last day, I DID start hallucinating, very mildly. Seeing trails from things and stuff like that. It was odd. I didn't sleep that long when I finally passed out though. More like a night and part of a day.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:You must have been at the point of not just sheer exhaustion but damn near passing out medically.
Which could explain the very long nap afterward, yes? My body needed to play catchup heh. It helped that back then (I was 16 btw) I only slept 2-4 hours at night anyways. So I was used to very little sleep. I still find it funny that I lasted that long though. But having a distraction definitely helps.
Sometimes sleeping in on the weekends feels so good even though the medical field swears you can't "catch up on sleep".
OnBendedKnee Wrote:Sally, do you believe you could do it all over again today?
I suppose I could if I had to, but thank God I had my tubes tied ::laugh::The lack of sleep was literally making me sick.
Same husband still around today?
If so, are you ever tempted to wake him up from a peaceful nap with a dagger swinging over his head?
Well... all this talk about sleep. I actually need to get there myself. Its 22:40 right now and I've gotta be up at 07:00 and I'd like to read some before I sleep. Later guys. Enjoy your mad raving Smiley_emoticons_fies
OnBendedKnee Wrote:[user=47]Liquid[/user] wrote:
Quote:3 days, many times and usually when working on new websites or big projects for work. Just can not stop and have to get it done.

Any tricks on staying awake? I know, with what it is you do, more than simply being awake is required for you to give it your A game.
Lots of coffee?
I know a friend who swore to "black beauties" (speed) but know those will tear you up from the inside out.
never (ever) any drugs for me. I normally only sleep about 3-4 hours a night normally. So going the first 2 days was not really hard at all. On the third night I do start to get tired and actually feel it. Usually after the 2-3 day runs I sleep about 8 hours, which is a ton for me and that recharges the batteries and I am back to 3-4 hours a night.

I have always been like this though. lots of energy and never really needed a lot of sleep in general. I find sleep boring and always feel that I am missing something somewhere.
I wish I was one of those people who can get by on much less sleep. I envy you for that.

Why the human body needs seven hours out of 24 for sleeping is beyond me. You'd think a Creator could have designed us to get by on a solid four hour block of sleep, at most, and function fully for 20 hours on it.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:I wish I was one of those people who can get by on much less sleep. I envy you for that.

Why the human body needs seven hours out of 24 for sleeping is beyond me. You'd think a Creator could have designed us to get by on a solid four hour block of sleep, at most, and function fully for 20 hours on it.
Thats what I do for sleep usually. (I know, I said I was going to bed... I had to check Mock on my way to the toilet though Smiley_emoticons_wink ) About 4-5 hours. Every night. And I function fine. Oh, and I don't believe in a "Creator". Unless you mean the alien race who seeded this plant. Which I only consider a possibility. ::LOL:: I'm an atheist prick. Get used to it. Bible thumpers PISS ME OFF. ::insanity::Weak minded pansy asses who need something other than themselves to believe in. Lame.
D, I was speaking in general terms too using the term, "creator" loosely.
I'm also an atheist.
Even with drugs, I couldn't stay awake two nights in a row. Trust me, I know about this. I LOVE sleeping, I have interesting dreams and I feel like crap when I don't get enough sleep.