Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Do you all have plans for the holiday? I got a couple invites but I don't feel like doing a big dinner in a pretty dress and being around a bunch of people all day. I'm staying home, baking a ham and making salads. If it were a little warmer I'd open the pool.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
GF is doing her family's big spread on Sunday. No plans aside from usual kid stuff like egg hunt etc and that's for the squirts.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Cooking a stupid ham and the egg hunt and crap for the kid.
Probably only if Mr. Bee is willing to do a couple steaks on the grill. I have spent the past two weeks cleaning my house and dumping my godforsaken hoard. I just want to spend the weekend with my feet up drinking a toddy or two. Is that un-Christian of me??
Brunch with Mum, siblings, nieces and nephew at the Arizona Biltmore.

I was hoping for the Golden Corral or Denny's.
I'm making Prime Rib. Going to church in the morning.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-17-2014, 01:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you all have plans for the holiday? I got a couple invites but I don't feel like doing a big dinner in a pretty dress and being around a bunch of people all day. I'm staying home, baking a ham and making salads. If it were a little warmer I'd open the pool.
What holiday?

Easter Sunday.
I'm guessing most death-metal rockers aren't DWJ.

^ Down With Jesus
You don't have to be DWJ to color eggs and celebrate a fucking fluffy rabbit, MS. It's for the kids, not Jesus.

I'm glad no one has said they are cooking lamb. Savages.
A little catholic humor for your Easter enjoyment:

A Baptist guy moves into an all-Catholic neighborhood, and brings with him the habit of grilling a big fat steak every friday evening while his neighbors all eat fish. The smell gets into everyone's homes and drives them all crazy, so they spend months trying to get him to convert.

Finally they wear him down and he agrees to become Catholic, so they take him to the priest. The priest sprinkles holy water on his head and says, "You were born a baptist, you spent your life as a baptist, but from this moment on you are a Catholic."
The man thanks him and leaves.

But the very next Friday the unmistakable smell of grilling steak again fills the neighborhood and all the neighbors run into the recent convert's yard. As they come around the corner they see him sprinkling his steak with A-1 sauce and saying, "You were born a cow, you spent your life as a cow, but from this moment on...you're a fish."
Speaking of funny Baptists...

I'll be at an assisted living facility in the morning and then heading off to services at the Paradise Baptist Church on Easter with three of the residents. I've got my niece to help (she's as excited as you might imagine), which is great because all three are wheel-chair bound this time out and two of them are impatient whip-crackers, one of whom has to go to the "powder room" every 30 minutes or so (they're funny though).

I did it a few years back; more fun than it sounds. The music and singing are great and some of the people there have attended church together for decades -- big social event for them and they look like a million bucks dressed in their Sunday best. It's cool to hear them reminisce and crack each other up after the services end.

Then...I'm having a couple of glasses of wine at home. Been on a cleanse since Sunday (a healthy one, but no alcohol allowed). Easter Sunday's the last day and down 6.5 so far with 3.5 to go.

You dropped 6.5 pounds in just few days? Shit, I can do anything for a few days for results like that!
(04-17-2014, 06:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Easter Sunday.
Oh yeah! Zombie Jeezus day! Walking Dead marathon!!!
(04-18-2014, 12:19 PM)Duchess Wrote: You dropped 6.5 pounds in just few days? Shit, I can do anything for a few days for results like that!

I was carrying a couple of extra pounds before my mom's visit and packed on a few more while she was here -- lots of eating out and snacking at home (we don't do the latter normally).

I've done this cleanse three times before - always works fast and puts me back in healthier eating mode.

It's the GM diet/cleanse:
Day 1 - all fruits, mostly melons and at least 10 glasses of water.
Day 2 - a potato for breakfast, all veggies (except potatoes), at least 10 glasses of water.
Day 3 - all fruits and veggies (except potatoes), at least 10 glasses of water.
Day 4 - up to 8 bananas, 3 glasses of milk, at least 10 glasses of water.
Day 5 - eight tomatoes (I use canned stewed ones) and 20 ounces of lean beef, at least 14 glasses of water.
Day 6 - all the lean beef and veggies you can eat (except potatoes), at least 10 glasses of water.
Day 7 - brown rice, veggies (except potatoes), fruit juices, and at least 10 glasses of water.

You can drink black coffee and tea (no sweeteners or creamer) and eat all the wonder soup you want.

I didn't eat much of the soup this time (I use lots of celery, onions, cabbage, and Lipton onion soup mix to make it).

You can replace the beef with cottage cheese or some other substitutes since you're not a meat eater.

Here's more about it. http://www.gmdietworks.com/

It's pretty easy because you don't eat the same stuff over and over; I drink a lot of water anyways and love bananas. It always works for me, but you can't cheat at all and I increase my nightly walk by a mile while I'm on it (lots of hills).

Thanks! I printed it and I'm going to share it with someone too.

I need one more day in my weekend. Please & thank you.

I neglected to say just how fuckin' glad I am that today is over.

That is all...

Did everyone have a lovely holiday? I was thinking about a few of you, those of you who are older and raising little ones. I have a romantic view of that, like now you're older with more time & money so it's probably a lot more fun than when you did it years ago.