Friends
Do you have many? I never did have many other than my immediate family which I consider my only real friends.

I have a couple of friends I grew up with that have gone full on weirdo, so you people are technically the only friends I have. Don't feel pity for me, please.
I have 5 really close buddies I'd trust with my life I don't really make time for acquaintances.

I have more people that want to catch up with me than I wanna catch with them
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(05-25-2014, 10:28 PM)sally Wrote: Do you have many? I never did have many other than my immediate family which I consider my only real friends.

I have a couple of friends I grew up with that have gone full on weirdo, so you people are technically the only friends I have. Don't feel pity for me, please.

hah

I have 5 platonic friends and consider myself very fortunate in that regard.

I don't talk to three of them for months at a time, but we're there for each other whatever happens and whenever it happens when the other reaches out. The other two are business related and I see them more frequently.

I've always had many more acquaintances than friends, but the same friends forever.

I'm really close to my sisters and my mom. Don't know why, I've never considered family members to be friends, but now that I think about it, I guess they're the best sort (the sort that's stuck with me, no matter what).

P.s. I think of several people here as friends, too. It's not the same as most in-person friendships, but still a real one that builds after years of hanging out in a place, laughing and fighting together.
My real friends I can count on one hand, I can go for months or years and not talk to them, but then one or ther makes the call and here we go, in a few days we are all cought up and decide where to meet and wen for whos funeral or whatever.
I have always been pretty much a loner, doesn't seem like its going to change, thats good enough for me
(05-25-2014, 10:28 PM)sally Wrote: . . . so you people are technically the only friends I have.

I've got a confession . . .

Every time I'm in the Miami area, I always think of you.

Seriously!

Count me as another, of your lot, who has gone full-on-weirdo.
(05-25-2014, 10:28 PM)sally Wrote: Do you have many?

No, I have more acquaintances than friends and the friends I have, have been my friends for many years.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Friends -

[Image: tumblr_m6vn8evnjK1rrazcpo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: Rottenecards_62114996_6v8qyzh3xy.png]

[Image: Rottenecards_16723225_8hx8gsywqt.png]

[Image: MjAxMi02ZjJjOGM4NWYzMDU4MjJh.png]

[Image: Were-friends.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have five brothers, well six if you count my real one. We have been that close for 40 years. At times we've lived at all corners of the world, but by some weird act of fate, we all tend to gravitate back to an epicentre. At the moment, a 100 mile radius covers five of us. The other one, only an hour long flight away.

We have been through births, deaths, marriages, divorces and meltdowns but we're still that close. I believe it's a gift.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Time changes everything, I used to have several very close friends. Over the years most have gone to heaven, just last year my "best" friend ascended. Now it's down to two, who unfortunately currently both live in different states, We don't get together more then once or twice a year. But when we do, great times are had, again!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I was thinking last night that I should get some friends together to go to the beach today and then I thought shit I don't have any friends.

One of them became a Jehovah so I don't think she's really allowed to hang out with me which makes my husband happy since he cant stand her, and the other one just stopped talking to me. I sent her a message on FB because she moved and changed her # and she told me she got married to an older guy and moved. I told her to call me or send me her phone number and I never heard from her again. That was over a year ago. This is someone that I use to talk to regularly and have been friends with since elementary school. Like I said, full on weirdo.
I have many friends. My best friend and I have been friends for 30 years. Even living in different states. She lives in Michigan. Her kids call me Aunt Ramsey and my kids call her Aunt P. I have another super close friend still in NY. She's going to come down and stay with me for a few weeks this winter. I am still really close with my SIL. I have one close friend here in GA. A few friends I inherited from my brother. I have quite a few good friends I regularly keep in touch with in NY. I really miss that down here.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I ended up rounding up some "friends" to go to the beach with us, my neighbors and my son's friend's dad and his girlfriend. A little baby ran out in front of a car and got hit right in front of me, I'm still fucking traumatized. Luckily she was doing the speed limit which is 10 mph and he wasn't seriously hurt. I'm the only one that saw it actually happen, he just ran out in front of the car and I watched him roll underneath it. I started screaming and by then there were 20 people surrounding him. It should be on the Daytona news tonight if not already.
Holy shit! I'm glad the kid is ok.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
It was fucked up, I watched that kid run out and roll underneath the car. And the whole time prior to that I wouldn't take my eyes off my daughter for fear of that very thing. Turn your back for two seconds and that's it. Thank god the lady was actually doing the speed limit and paying attention unlike the rest of the assholes doing 25-30.
Jesus, it would traumatize me to see that, too.

That baby's parents are very very lucky.

The driver must have been completely freaked out.
Sure hope the baby is ok. That had to hard to see. :/
I was just standing there talking to my husband and I look over and see the kid ( 2-4) run out in front of her car, get hit, roll under and his head was about an inch away from the tire. I scream "a baby just got hit, watch her" ( talking about my daughter) and run over. By then several people were around. He started screaming so that's when I was relieved, you don't scream if you're dead or seriously injured.
(05-26-2014, 05:52 PM)sally Wrote: And the whole time prior to that I wouldn't take my eyes off my daughter for fear of that very thing.

Makes me wonder why this child's parent(s) weren't doing the same thing.

This kind of thing gets drivers beaten, nearly to death, in some parts of the country.
(05-26-2014, 05:52 PM)sally Wrote: It was fucked up, I watched that kid run out and roll underneath the car. And the whole time prior to that I wouldn't take my eyes off my daughter for fear of that very thing. Turn your back for two seconds and that's it. Thank god the lady was actually doing the speed limit and paying attention unlike the rest of the assholes doing 25-30.

People will stroll through their neighborhoods at the speed limit but race through others neighborhoods at top speed, I see it all the time. Pisses me off and makes me wonder why the DMV does not have a firing range for idiots.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I had 5 teenagers watching her and four of them were checking out tits and ass and the other one was texting. I pretty much stayed a nervous wreck the whole time and then I get seriously traumatized.

I felt sorry for the lady driving, she didn't do anything wrong and they made her sit there for three hours. She was a mess.