COOL NEW PRODUCTS THREAD
WAKE AND BAKE! Marijuana Coffee

For fans of the wake-and-bake, you no longer need to light up or eat anything to get your morning buzz, if you live in the state of Washington.

Slated for consumer retail in July, Mirth Provisions introduces the LEGAL buzz in a bottle...

[Image: o-LEGAL-570.jpg?6]

Price: $9.00 - $11.00 USD per 11.5 ounce bottle.

Description: Each bottle or marijuana-infused coffee contains about 20 milligrams of THC, the psychoactive compound that gives marijuana users a high. That's enough to make the experience similar to having "a nice IPA or glass of wine. We don't want to pack so much THC into every one of our drinks that it's unpleasant, especially for people that are just getting into marijuana," (the company rep) told My Northwest.

The Marketing Pitch: "Drinking this coffee is like riding a cool avalanche of pure deliciousness down a tall mountain and landing in an ocean of good feelings. You’ll swim off into a day of work or play filled to the brim with pure joy."

They've also developed sparkling cherry, lemon ginger and pomegranate juices fortified with cannabis extract.

Ref: http://www.hightimes.com/read/coffee-mar...rning-ever

I'd give it a shot on a slow weekend or vacation.

P.s. I was a fan of Showtime's "Weeds" -- it's series finale is looking more and more like an accurate prediction of reality a few years into the future.
(06-03-2014, 08:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: WAKE AND BAKE! Marijuana Coffee

For fans of the wake-and-bake, you no longer need to light up or eat anything to get your morning buzz, if you live in the state of Washington.

Slated for consumer retail in July, Mirth Provisions introduces the LEGAL buzz in a bottle...

[Image: o-LEGAL-570.jpg?6]

Price: $9.00 - $11.00 USD per 11.5 ounce bottle.

Description: Each bottle or marijuana-infused coffee contains about 20 milligrams of THC, the psychoactive compound that gives marijuana users a high. That's enough to make the experience similar to having "a nice IPA or glass of wine. We don't want to pack so much THC into every one of our drinks that it's unpleasant, especially for people that are just getting into marijuana," he told My Northwest.

The Marketing Pitch: "Drinking this coffee is like riding a cool avalanche of pure deliciousness down a tall mountain and landing in an ocean of good feelings. You’ll swim off into a day of work or play filled to the brim with pure joy."

They've also developed sparkling cherry, lemon ginger and pomegranate juices fortified with cannabis extract.

Ref: http://www.hightimes.com/read/coffee-mar...rning-ever

I'd give it a shot on a slow weekend or vacation.

P.s. I was a fan of Showtime's "Weeds" -- it's series finale is looking more and more like an accurate prediction of reality a few years into the future.

The only place I would be swimming to is under my desk for a 2 hr nap.

I would drink that at bedtime.
(06-03-2014, 08:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Marketing Pitch: "Drinking this coffee is like riding a cool avalanche of pure deliciousness down a tall mountain and landing in an ocean of good feelings. You’ll swim off into a day of work or play filled to the brim with pure joy."

How could you do that? Is it not illegal to drive or work/operate equipment under the influence of alcohol/drugs in the US? Surely there'd be a disclaimer on the label somewhere..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-04-2014, 01:48 AM)crash Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 08:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Marketing Pitch: "Drinking this coffee is like riding a cool avalanche of pure deliciousness down a tall mountain and landing in an ocean of good feelings. You’ll swim off into a day of work or play filled to the brim with pure joy."

How could you do that? Is it not illegal to drive or work/operate equipment under the influence of alcohol/drugs in the US? Surely there'd be a disclaimer on the label somewhere..

I wouldn't do it unless I was kicking back or on vacation, but it's legal in Washington to be under the influence of marijuana unless you're driving with more than five nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood.

There will definitely be usage labels on the product, that's a regulatory requirement in the state. I don't know what they'll say, but I understand your point. It's one thing to be buzzed if you're working as a cook and another if you're operating a crane. Regardless of what the labels say, the employers' policies nd employment contracts probably have a prohibition against any kind of intoxication on the job (and possibly drug testing stipulations).

Kinda gotta expect that there will be some idiot who ignores the recommended usage, chugs a couple, and does something stupid or dangerous or puts it in a kid's reach. But, that can already be done with alcohol as well. Just like with alcohol, it boils down to the user being responsible and accountable for managing his own consumption.
In your country, if having a beer or a dope coffee in reach of a child was your biggest problem, you'd be smiling..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(06-04-2014, 07:48 AM)crash Wrote: In your country, if having a beer or a dope coffee in reach of a child was your biggest problem, you'd be smiling..

Yeah.

I'd guess that would be true for your country as well.

Or any other country, as a matter of fact.

Wanna have coffee, get high, and discuss it further? Smiley_emoticons_smile

(People leaving guns in the reach of children will make me animated no matter how mellow I am, though -- that's on my warning label.)
I think your "kid-picking-up-a-gun-laying-around-and-shooting-some-motherfucker-dead" rate per capita would be a lot higher than ours..
Anyway, fuck all the dope and guns and shit. This is a cool new product..

(06-04-2014, 08:01 AM)crash Wrote: I think your "kid-picking-up-a-gun-laying-around-and-shooting-some-motherfucker-dead" rate per capita would be a lot higher than ours..

No doubt about it. I'm glad you all don't have that problem with which to contend at home.

Toddlers dying from marijuana or beer isn't a big problem in either of our countries, AFAIK.

But the hundreds of kids here who are shot by other kids who grab a loaded gun is a big problem. Last week in Arizona, a 3 year-old-boy shot and killed his 18-month-old brother. Too much.

Anyway...the boombox speaker is kinda cool. On a somewhat related note, did you see where Apple purchased Beats Music and Electronics from Dr. Dre and Steve lovine for $3 billion USD last week? Should be interesting to see where that goes in terms of Apple's diversification.

My niece says Beats headphones were way overpriced, break easily, and aren't better quality than her cheaper ear/head phones. I don't know much about those kinds of products, but I think Apple was buying Beats' technical personnel and expertise as much as their tangible products.

That's pretty fricken ingenious.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-04-2014, 08:26 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: On a somewhat related note, did you see where Apple purchased Beats Music and Electronics from Dr. Dre and Steve lovine for $3 billion USD last week? Should be interesting to see where that goes in terms of Apple's diversification.

My niece says Beats headphones were way overpriced, break easily, and aren't better quality than her cheaper ear/head phones. I don't know much about those kinds of products, but I think Apple was buying Beats' expert technical personnel and expertisel as much as their tangible products.

I did. I haven't really followed it, but I noticed a couple of articles where some analysts said that they way overpaid for it. I think it's all gotta tie in with future hardware releases somewhere. We'll see..

I bought a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones in the states in 2012. Those suckers are awesome..

Everything Bose produces is awesome. That's the sound system in my car & home theater.

I like Onkyo too. I have that as well because the sound on the flat tvs is so sucky.
(06-04-2014, 08:27 AM)Duchess Wrote:

That's pretty fricken ingenious.

They are very cool, but the little sticky pad that sticks it to your weapon of choice don't last very long. You can buy spares, but it's a pita..
This is a cool trick..

well, sticking a vibrating thing to the side of something isn't ingenious... but the product is nifty enough that I almost wanted to order one right away and see if they do overseas shipping. My friggin laptop is never loud enough when I want to play a movie on it, but then again I don't have a big Styrofoam box with my laptop either. If you can put it on top of like a cardboard box and still get good results tho, I'd totally think it was an awesome buy.

Omg, I just saw the picture of it stuck to a motorcycle helmet. That'd fuckin ROCK! Metallica blasting through my helmet would be awesome...
(06-04-2014, 08:59 AM)crash Wrote: This is a cool trick..

Made a bunch of those little stoves. Way handy in a day pack.
(06-04-2014, 09:15 AM)Cutz Wrote: well, sticking a vibrating thing to the side of something isn't ingenious... but the product is nifty enough that I almost wanted to order one right away and see if they do overseas shipping. My friggin laptop is never loud enough when I want to play a movie on it, but then again I don't have a big Styrofoam box with my laptop either. If you can put it on top of like a cardboard box and still get good results tho, I'd totally think it was an awesome buy.

Omg, I just saw the picture of it stuck to a motorcycle helmet. That'd fuckin ROCK! Metallica blasting through my helmet would be awesome...

You should hear it stuck on the end of a metal trash can..

Yes, it IS ingenious! Turn a trash can into a kickass speaker or your freakin' helmet as well. Bitch please.
It's not really anything new, so I still don't consider it ingenious. We studied microphone/speaker mechanics in physics when I was in 11th grade. And using a sticker - which is already not fantastic contact - for a vibrating machine doesn't seem like the best possibility. I'd stick a magnet on a trash can.

But that doesn't mean I don't think it's a fantastic product. Rather than building a speaker, you're building a speaker builder, which is cool. As long as the results work... which from youtube reviews they do... it's great. The thing that makes it really cool, is imagining all the things you could use it on.