DO YOU AGREE WITH ANY OF THIS?

Hen parties - I don't go to them & I don't throw them. *yawn*

I believe in co-ed baby showers with booze.

I think a damsel in distress needs to be pushed out of the tower window.

I think asking people in the checkout if they want to donate sucks and will firmly say NO every time but I do push money into a donate jar whenever I see one on any counter.

Just because you receive an invitation doesn't mean you HAVE to go.

Opinions only matter when coming from someone I respect.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I hate all that shit.
(06-10-2014, 10:40 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I hate all that shit.

The last one is for you then..........hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What is up with renewing wedding vows and inviting all your friends to come watch. Again. Just seems a blatant excuse to ask for more gifts. Again.
(06-10-2014, 10:44 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 10:40 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I hate all that shit.

The last one is for you then..........hah

There was a last one? I never got an invitation? When was that? Did you get one?

(06-10-2014, 10:54 AM)QueenBee Wrote: What is up with renewing wedding vows and inviting all your friends to come watch. Again. Just seems a blatant excuse to ask for more gifts. Again.

I have a friend who at her church there is this woman who renewed her vows and her husband tried to 'hit on' my friend and even after they renewed their vows he has recently tried to be friendly with her again. Her renewing the vows was a grotesque grab to be the centre of attention and she is 'all about me' sort of person. She is very ambitious and wants to be the next Joyce Meyer and famous and rich but is not a nice person, and her husband is a sleaze.

More than that, she got my friend to clean her house once and then didn't pay her saying 'I am a bit short this week' and then she went on holidays to Sydney. Bitch.
I go to jewelry parties sometimes. And maybe a pampered chef party. But I'm not going to an all ladies party if no shopping is involved.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I agree with all of it except for donations at the check out counter. If it's something for sick kids and they ask me if I'd like to donate a dollar than I just say sure. Not for adults though, I don't donate shit to them.
A cup that says
"food for the children" would raise my eyebrows, who's children? What children? Yours? your sisters? who who who..
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-10-2014, 10:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Hen parties - I don't go to them & I don't throw them. *yawn*
Never heard of Hen party and hope to never get invited to one.
I believe in co-ed baby showers with booze. Agree

I think a damsel in distress needs to be pushed out of the tower window. Agree

I think asking people in the checkout if they want to donate sucks and will firmly say NO every time but I do push money into a donate jar whenever I see one on any counter. Agree, and hate being put on the spot. If I gave to everyone of these charity cases, I would need donations myself!

Just because you receive an invitation doesn't mean you HAVE to go. Agree

Opinions only matter when coming from someone I respect. Agree

A hen party is any party that involves only women. *shudders*

...like Tupperware and similar crap.
(06-10-2014, 05:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I would be more likely to go to a Rooster party...cockadoodledoooo....

Hahahaha! You betcha!
(06-10-2014, 05:37 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 05:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I would be more likely to go to a Rooster party...cockadoodledoooo....

I don't mind a Tupperware party or the like. I don't usually stay long. And I only go if it's a really good friend. Otherwise, just let me see the catalogue. The ladies in my neighborhood have girls night once a month at a different house each time. I'm not doing that. I have no interest in sitting around with a bunch of housewives talking about the neighbors and whoever is not there.
Do they really still sell Tupperware?

You can buy all that disposable crap for what? 3 or 4 bowls for 2 or 3 bucks.

I don't think I've been to any kind of house-party like that since my crazy aunt used to sell Home Interiors when I was in my twenties. I hate that shit.
I just used Tupperware as an example. I have Rubbermaid stuff. I like it much better and it's cheaper. A lot of ladies I know have jewelry parties. I don't go to many of those. Like I said, only for a good friend. Even then, I try to find a way out of it. Lol
(06-10-2014, 03:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: A cup that says
"food for the children" would raise my eyebrows, who's children? What children? Yours? your sisters? who who who..

I'm not, I didn't, I can't see it, where? where? where?
I thought Duch was talking about Hen's nights which a bride has before she gets married. Usually if I get invited it turns out to be more like a bucks night. As for Tupperware parties and all that ridiculous suburban get togethers - forget it, unless there is a gay man there.
I don't like having to say no at the checkout but I am always dumping change in the bucket.
Not much for hen parties, but I could do a Pampered CHef party, probably wouldn't stay long unless they broke out the good booze and fired up the grill. Then I'd be in there elbow deep
Hosted a Pampered Chef party once as a favor to a friend. Got a couple things for myself free, from orders I took in. Nice stuff, but WAY too expensive for me under normal circumstances.
I'm going to a jewelry party tonight. I wouldn't but a good friend is having it. I'm bringing a fruit platter cuz I know there is going to be all kinds of fattening food. My springing limit is $50. Maybe $75 if I find something I really really like. I'd rather stay home and read.