Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Saving yourself or your pet?
I just came across this story and had to wonder if I would've done the same thing.If it'd been now that I have kids and am married.I wouldn't have risked myself to save the dog.My kids need their mother.

But if I was single and unattached..I still don't think I would've jumped in after the dog.I don't have pets.I'm not dog or cat person.My question is would you have done what this woman did? If yes why? If no explai
n.

http://kxan.com/2014/09/14/texas-woman-d...aving-dog/
Hmmm...I think it would really depend on the circumstances. In this case how fast was the water actually moving, can I swim it? Can the dog swim it? Whats down stream?
I might have gone in, done that kind of thing before, it may have scared some folks but in my mind it was safe enough.
I wouldnt be able to live with myself if i didnt at least try. Id run into a burning barn to save my horses.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-15-2014, 09:06 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Hmmm...I think it would really depend on the circumstances. In this case how fast was the water actually moving, can I swim it? Can the dog swim it? Whats down stream?
I might have gone in, done that kind of thing before, it may have scared some folks but in my mind it was safe enough.

Yes I think I would've put into consideration how fast the water was moving etc as well.Perhaps if I was a stronger swimmer I might jump in.But I don't swim all that well really.Gahd, I sound like a cold hearted bitch.But, growing up we were taught animals belong outside and all that jazz.We never had pets.As an adult I've never felt the need to have pets.But also don't dislike them kwim.
(09-15-2014, 01:21 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: We never had pets.

I guess you can't miss what you've never had but that makes me feel a little sad for you. I've never not had pets and often think more of the animals than I do most people.

I used to haul strays home as a kid and one time a Boxer dog I brought home ate my Mom's fur coat that my Dad had gift wrapped and put under the Christmas tree. They were pissed. Funny the memories that stick with you.
(09-15-2014, 01:42 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 01:21 PM)IroningBroad Wrote: We never had pets.

I guess you can't miss what you've never had but that makes me feel a little sad for you. I've never not had pets and often think more of the animals than I do most people.

I used to haul strays home as a kid and one time a Boxer dog I brought home ate my Mom's fur coat that my Dad had gift wrapped and put under the Christmas tree. They were pissed. Funny the memories that stick with you.

And my husband is not a dog or cat guy either.But he'd like some goats and chickens when we buy some land.Maybe we could foster a dog when the kids get a little older.They've been wanting a pet. The way you say it Duchess makes me sad for my petless childhood self as well :(

If there are no horses in Heaven I'm not going!
(09-15-2014, 03:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

If there are no horses in Heaven I'm not going!

Unicorns, yes, horses, no.

That horn looks dangerous to me.
(09-15-2014, 01:42 PM)Duchess Wrote: I used to haul strays home as a kid and one time a Boxer dog I brought home ate my Mom's fur coat that my Dad had gift wrapped and put under the Christmas tree. They were pissed. Funny the memories that stick with you.[/i][/size]

I use to do that too. I brought a dirty little poodle home once, but my mom wouldn't let me keep him because he had worms and was dragging his ass all over the carpet.

It's very difficult for me to see discarded animals. How do you forsake a commitment like that. It makes my head spin. I know I grumble about all the cats that get dumped here but I always do the right thing by them...well, except for that batshit crazy one.
I would watch the dog go over Niagara falls if the knucklehead jumped in. I would do what I could but would draw the line at my safety. With some people their pets are their family and I can see that. Maybe in 20 yrs it will be legal to marry a pet or something.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I hope I wouldn't. There have been numerous stories around here of owners going in to the ocean to "save" their pets. Usually the owner dies and the pet makes it to shore on its own. I would try to help but I wouldn't leap immediately. Fucking tie me to a tree or something then send me in.
Commando Cunt Queen
We're not talking about "cats" here .........right? Because any idiot that jumps in the water to save a cat deserves to be scratched. But save the Unicorns for the sake of all that's invisible and yet a tangible speck of someone's blown mind.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-15-2014, 10:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: We're not talking about "cats" here .........right? Because any idiot that jumps in the water to save a cat deserves to be scratched. But save the Unicorns for the sake of all that's invisible and yet a tangible speck of someone's blown mind.

Well, I guess any pet really.I know a lot of people who refer to their dogs as furbabies and let them french kiss them Smiley_emoticons_kotz
(09-15-2014, 10:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: We're not talking about "cats" here .........right? Because any idiot that jumps in the water to save a cat deserves to be scratched. But save the Unicorns for the sake of all that's invisible and yet a tangible speck of someone's blown mind.

86 Twat

I know you're right, but FU anyway!
(09-15-2014, 10:18 PM)IroningBroad Wrote:

Well, I guess any pet really.I know a lot of people who refer to their dogs as furbabies and let them french kiss them Smiley_emoticons_kotz

My niece does that with her taco bell dog. I want to slap the stupid out of her when I see it. It's disgusting.
I would not jump in to save either one of the cats living in my home.

BUT, I would definitely toss one or both cats in to save the quiet mouse that I jacked from the Church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart of Jesus, located somewhere in Los Angeles, California.

Whichever emerged first would get 10 dollars and 20 red lights run in its honor.
(09-15-2014, 10:30 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I know you're right, but FU anyway!

No, he is not right. I've had a variety of pets, I don't value one more than another. You can agree that someone's dog or horse or miniature donkey is of more value than your cats but I'm not going to. Are women more valuable than men? Are whites more valuable than blacks, browns & yellows? Are those with a higher education more valuable than those without? Are those with more money more valuable than those without a hefty bank account?
(09-16-2014, 05:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 10:30 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I know you're right, but FU anyway!

No, he is not right. I've had a variety of pets, I don't value one more than another. You can agree that someone's dog or horse or miniature donkey is of more value than your cats but I'm not going to. Are women more valuable than men? Are whites more valuable than blacks, browns & yellows? Are those with a higher education more valuable than those without? Are those with more money more valuable than those without a hefty bank account?

If the cat has claws, I suspect you would end up looking like hamburger meat by the time you saved it. Has nothing to do with how much more one animal means than another.