BLACK FRIDAY 2014

I'm reading a story about a group of Walmart workers who intend to picket stores on Black Friday because they aren't happy with their wages. This sorta thing irks me because not a one of those people were forced to apply for a job there and they certainly were not forced to accept the job after finding out what the wages would be. I think it's bullshit and I would fire them in a nano second.

Do these people have a valid bitch?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-15-2014, 08:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm reading a story about a group of Walmart workers who intend to picket stores on Black Friday because they aren't happy with their wages. This sorta thing irks me because not a one of those people were forced to apply for a job there and they certainly were not forced to accept the job after finding out what the wages would be. I think it's bullshit and I would fire them in a nano second.

No. Sick of these stupid people crying about their wages...fast food too.
Well looking up the salaries Wally's pays, goes $7.54 to $10.81 /hr for cashiers, and $8.86 to $12.71 /hr for sales associates. Which is reported to be 3% less then market.
However, Wally's usually makes sure they only allow most of their employees to work less the 40 hrs/wk, so as not to have to provide med insurance. Not nice.
$15/hr min is a little out of line, but increasing the exisisting salaries $1 /hr would be somewhat more rational. Everybody's gotta eat!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

My feeling is that potential employees are well aware of Walmart's practices and if they are looking for something more they should move on until they find it OR be better educated in order to get what they want from an employer. If one takes a job that offers less than what someone wants then that is on them, not the employer.
(11-15-2014, 08:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Nope. I'm so sick of the self entitled bullshit these days. If I were Walmart, I'd fire every motherfucker that holds a sign. Plenty of folks needing jobs nowadays.

I used to be a short order cook at a truck stop many moons ago..24/7 356 days a year. Goes with the turf...you're working every day for shit wages...nature of the beast. I needed a job, and didnt publicly bitch. Simple as that.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(11-15-2014, 10:42 AM)Duchess Wrote:

My feeling is that potential employees are well aware of Walmart's practices and if they are looking for something more they should move on until they find it OR be better educated in order to get what they want from an employer. If one takes a job that offers less than what someone wants then that is on them, not the employer.

For many working at Wally's, unfortunately it is the best job they can handle.
That does not mean that they are second class citizens, they are "working" for their money. Not like the real second class citizens who are on the govt dole all their lives, that have never worked, and or never intend to work. Why should they, they get more money then the Wally's employees get, and even more benefits, without ever leaving their front porch!

(11-15-2014, 12:20 PM)Carsman Wrote: and even more benefits, without ever leaving their front porch!

I have to agree with that.

Now I'm thinking about that universal charge on my cell phone bill. It's almost minute yet it has the power to irritate me.
Health care should not be tied to employment. Businesses acting as the government's tax collector is one thing... now they have to be the insurance industry's collector too? Insurance is a joke. Pool everyone's money together so that nobody can collect! Deny every claim and make people sue for their money. Awful.

Walmart does have some leveraged negotiating power with employees since other businesses tend to go out of business in smaller communities. Employees can't choose to work elsewhere when their old jobs all died out. In major cities tho, pff, 15 bucks an hour is insane. I don't think people understand economics. If you get a 50% pay increase... then other businesses will need to charge more and pay their employees more... and your bills will go up.
Walmart will fire any person or make their life miserable if they begin any employee organization. They should do what market basket did and just hold the owners above the gallows with their hands on the trapdoor.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Why can't they go to another superstore if they can't do anything else? You never hear the people working for Target complaining.

If you willingly walk into Wal-Mart and fill out an app, then you get what you wanted if they hire you.
Target Vs Wally's, basically, the cashier & sales associates wages are close between both giants.

Among both work forces, the skill sets are also aligned. Most of the staff at both retailers is well-versed in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word. Use of customer service metrics is also common, however more of Target's employees are proficient in project management and leadership skills while Walmart staff concentrates on developing its sales and retail pharmacy knowledge.

There's one other discrepancy to note. More than half of Target employees, 51 percent, report that they are overachievers. Walmart, on the other hand, had only 44 percent declare themselves highly motivated, dedicated workers.

(Interesting observation: Have never seen a "people of Target", photo spread)

That sounds like an exit poll.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.