Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Theres more to life than guns . . .
There is also Air Guns. Hahahahahaha

While my main focus is powder burners, I also have a soft spot for air rifles. Anyone else into them?

I have about a dozen in my collection now that I added these two old timers to the collection.
These came into the shop the other day and I just had to take them home with me. You just don't find them in this shape anymore.

This first one is a old Crossman model 140, 22 cal produced in the mid 60's.

[Image: crossman%20140_zpsoqtn6lcm.jpg]

This one is more common and anyone that started on air rifles probably had a version of this. They are still in production today. It is a Crossman model 760 , produced in march of 1969.

[Image: P3220003_zpslu4r7khm.jpg]

[Image: P3220005_zps0wzxiuzl.jpg]

Its hard to believe these old fellas are still in the box after all these years.
Wow, Nice Score.
I have 2 or 3, no old nice ones though. Got a Crossman Air Rifle and a Benjamin pistol in .17. Handy things for picking the invasive lizards out of the back yard
I have some new break barrels and wow are they hard hitters. In fact I use my RWS Diana 34 when I go squirrel hunting. One shot to the noggin and it drops them in their tracks. However there is something about these older ones that draws me to them.

The one in the back is my Diana 34. I have more $ in that than I do some of my powderburners.

[Image: AirRifles002_zps7eb3f68d.jpg]

Here is a Ruger Blackhawk Elite I have. I am still trying to figure out the optics for it.

[Image: P2180003_zpsfj2nxmsz.jpg]

People look at air rifles as toys, but they are mistaken. When you can run a lead pellet down the pipe @ 1200+ fps and hit a dime at 30-40 yards I feel it is far from a toy.
here's another old one that came into the shop. I am debating weather or not to bring this one home. Nice old six shooter.

[Image: 001_zps7fc0fcf0.jpg]
I use mine to plunk the zillion chipmunks that raid my garden.

Is that a 25 pump? I would love to get another one. Wanna sell it?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Why are you killing squirrels, FU?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-31-2015, 07:53 AM)Maggot Wrote: I use mine to plunk the zillion chipmunks that raid my garden.

Is that a 25 pump? I would love to get another one. Wanna sell it?

That old 760 is kinda collectable. Its nicknamed the tootsieroll because of the shape of the pump arm. I believe there are a half dozen different styles of the 760 and in fact they are still in production. Just now they are all plastic, unlike this metal and wood version.
This one is not for sale, but I do have another that is just a few years newer than this and still in the box and with papers. It is sitting at the shop as I decide weather or not I need to add a 4th 760 to my stable.
(03-31-2015, 07:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Why are you killing squirrels, FU?

For the stew pot, Duch.

Smiley_emoticons_shocked

Stop that right now!

This is how I like my critters - in my yard, not in a pot.

[Image: IMG_2147_zps9fd08f26.jpg]
Or I shake and bake them. YUMMY ! lol

My God!
You cant grill it, until you kill it. Oops sorryDuch.
I've been target shooting with gas powered airsoft guns for years. I currently own 4 airsoft pistols and 2 rifles. They have airsoft clubs here where people dress up and have "skirmishes" but I think that's sad.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Hi Ninja. I have ben reading about the large caliber air rifles capable of taking down big game. Do you/have you seen much about them over there by you?

ETA . . . The airsoft skirmishes you have over there sounds like the paintball wars we have over here. People dress up in cammo and take to the woods for a mock war.
(04-02-2015, 09:50 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Hi Ninja. I have ben reading about the large caliber air rifles capable of taking down big game. Do you/have you seen much about them over there by you?

ETA . . . The airsoft skirmishes you have over there sounds like the paintball wars we have over here. People dress up in cammo and take to the woods for a mock war.

Paintballing is popular here as well, in shopping malls up and down the country you will find people offering paintballing experiences normally in local woods or converted warehouses.

I know people who use air rifles to take out rats and other pests and vermin not sure about the calibre or power though. I know my main air rifle could easily take down the average cat or dog (not that I would) but larger game? I don't know but saying that my hunting days are over I just use targets now to keep my aim/eye in.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
From what I am reading they are using 50 cal air rifles to hunt deer, black bear, wild boar and buffalo sized game. Since I am a old school powderburner kinda guy that is pretty impressive to me.
Here is a link to Quackenbush Air Guns. There are quite a few stories and hunting pics. http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/
Wow. My son had some airsoft guns but I think the most we paid for one was around $160 and it was a plastic piece of shit. Still, he and his friends used to go out in to the hills around here and have airsoft "wars".

I always made them wear goggles but one kid still got shot in the cheek. His mother about had a heart attack. Fortunately, she knew what they were doing beforehand (I had told her) but after that, he wasn't allowed to play with my son's airsoft guns. 78

My brothers used to have BB guns that were made of wood. One of them shot me in the ass with one.
Commando Cunt Queen