Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you shake hands?
I think we may have already discussed this, but I'm not sure so whatever.

I fully extend my hand and wrap my fingers and thumb around the other persons hand and give a firm shake. Nothing too hard, nothing too delicate, I just shake hands like a normal fucking person. Just common sense.

Who here is a creepy hand shaker? I'm guessing MS goes softly with the ladies and grabs their fingers all creepy like. And then there are the tough guys that like to grab another guy's hand with enough force to break it.
I don't shake hands. I fist bump, brah.
I shake hands firmly. I'm grossed out by weak handshakes and pissed if I think a guy gives me a soft hand shake just because I'm a woman. I don't need to hand wrestle anyone but a patronizing, soft hand shake from a guy is insulting (and creepy).
Commando Cunt Queen
Depending on who it is I use my middle finger to tickle their palm.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I like to think it's a normal handshake. Like others have mentioned, I am skeeved by a weak, limp wristed handshake. I don't really even want to touch anyone but it beats the hell out of a hug. Handshakes, door knobs, etc., it all kinda grosses me out. I want touching to be my idea and not because it's expected of me.

People do shit, pick their nose (and their kids), scratch their balls and ass and a myriad of other things and they don't wash their hands. It's disgusting and I don't want it touching me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I use pretty much a regular shake, try to be gentle with the ladies, lots of guys I know have a powerful grab, so got to be ready for that..
I have taking a guys hand and it feels like a damp rag.
We've been doing a lot of hiring at work lately. That means a shit-ton of interviews. If you're handshake isn't firm when you meet me, odds are you won't get the job. Someone mentioned "creepy", not sure how to precisely define that...but I've had my share of those over the last couple of months as well. It's funny, we'll have a post interview discussion about the candidate, and all 3-4 of us will say that about a guys handshake "man, that was creepy". So while we can't define it, it's apparently quite obvious to all.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

There is a lot of discrimination based upon people's hand shaking skills these days, obviously.

Well, I don't wanna judge or be judged like that. So, to avoid being shake-shunned and labeled "creepy", I usually avoid hand-shaking altogether.

Instead, when someone extends their hand to me, I grab it and quickly pull myself right up against them. Then, I whisper in their left ear, "it's been a pleasure of immense proportions meeting you", or "thank you ever so kindly for your time, I don't know what I'll do if you don't give me this job, sir", or whatever's cool or appropriate for the situation.

When I'm hanging with my homies, it's a different story though. Then I bust out the modified 5-step gangsta shake and let the good times roll.
[Image: 670px-Do-the-Gangsta-Handshake-Step-7.jpg]

Hahaha!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
"Brothers don't shake hands... brothers gotta' hug!"
(04-13-2015, 06:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I like to think it's a normal handshake. Like others have mentioned, I am skeeved by a weak, limp wristed handshake. I don't really even want to touch anyone but it beats the hell out of a hug. Handshakes, door knobs, etc., it all kinda grosses me out. I want touching to be my idea and not because it's expected of me.

People do shit, pick their nose (and their kids), scratch their balls and ass and a myriad of other things and they don't wash their hands. It's disgusting and I don't want it touching me.
Same. Not big on shaking hands but when it's required it's firm but not aggressively firm. Women included.
(04-13-2015, 12:22 AM)sally Wrote: Who here is a creepy hand shaker? I'm guessing MS goes softly with the ladies and grabs their fingers all creepy like.

You called it.

I've mastered the 'limp-wristed, dead-fish' handshake, with a side of extra-creepy for good measure.

Can't wait to show you someday.
I only shake when I'm wearing latex gloves.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
There was a guy who worked in billing where I work who used the same mens room as me. Time after time I'd see him leave the bathroom without washing his hands. Later we had an awards ceremony at an ETHIOPIAN restaurant. Everyone was commenting on the fact that I wasn't eating because I'm normally a big eater. I never ate a bite because "Bob" had his filthy hands all over the food at our table. I was hungry, but couldn't even consider eating anything because everything had "Bob's" junk on it. Before we left I went to the bathroom and washed my hands and left my hands dripping wet. I stood behind "Bob" at the table and shook the water off my hands onto him. He turned around and asked if they were out of towells in the restroom. I said, "no, dropped my watch in the toilet."
(04-13-2015, 11:18 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I only shake when I'm wearing latex gloves.

So if someone reaches out to shake your hand you decline unless you have a pair of gloves handy? That's even weirder than being a creepy hand shaker.
It would be kind of fun to be at some event and watch people's reactions if you squirted some hand sanitizer in your hands in between every handshake.
Commando Cunt Queen
Try shaking with the left hand sometimes.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm not too much of a germ fanatic. I don't want to sit in piss on a public toilet or anything, but I don't douse myself with hand sanitizer constantly either.

Creepy handshakes are far worse than germs.
(04-13-2015, 02:44 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 11:18 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I only shake when I'm wearing latex gloves.

So if someone reaches out to shake your hand you decline unless you have a pair of gloves handy? That's even weirder than being a creepy hand shaker.

Really?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Fun fact: handshaking began as a necessary preserver of life during the more violent ages of history. When men met on the road there was equal probability one would be a robber or a murderer. The practice of offering one's right hand, the usual sword wielding hand, in a gesture signifying "I am unarmed and mean no harm" gradually became the universal symbol of friendly greeting even as swords stopped being widely carried.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.