SCIENCE SAYS -

Sixty is the new middle age. hah

I only see the humor in that. I don't believe 40 is the new 20 or any of the other crap some people come up with. I think it's important how one takes care of themself and how you feel both mentally and physically but other than that you are the age you are, there's no getting around that.

Do you lead a healthy lifestyle?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Bullshit
I am 61 and feel way different than I did 20 years ago. I concede my lifestyle is not as healthy as it could be. I mean I do not drink to excess and have not used pot in maybe 30 years. But I feel every one of my years. I am happy where I am though.
(04-16-2015, 10:26 AM)QueenBee Wrote: I am happy where I am though.

I'm pretty sure that's the bottom line, it is for me anyway.
So we're mostly projected to live to 120 now? Cool.

I have some really good health habits and some really not-so-good habits. I guess I hope they sort of off set each other.

I have been trying to put on some weight. Yesterday I drank TWO Boost +'s in addition to the regular food that I ate. My problem is that I don't each much during the day. I always have a good sized dinner but I don't eat a big breakfast or lunch. I'm trying though. 50
Commando Cunt Queen
(04-16-2015, 07:53 AM)Duchess Wrote: Do you lead a healthy lifestyle?

The big ass catfish burrito, rasta fries, 3 margaritas and a beer and 2 slices of pizza I ate during karaoke last night say no.
I mostly eat healthy, the fried chicken from Publix is my big downfall. Carrying too much weight because of my back, but thats gonna get fixed soon and I'll be back in the gym pushing.
With a little luck by the end of the year I'll be back where I should be
(04-16-2015, 04:44 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I mostly eat healthy, the fried chicken from Publix is my big downfall.

Publix fried chicken is pretty good. But if you ever find yourself in Deland or Holly Hill you must eat the fried chicken at Hamptons. Best fried chicken I've ever had.
(04-16-2015, 09:30 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 04:44 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I mostly eat healthy, the fried chicken from Publix is my big downfall.

Publix fried chicken is pretty good. But if you ever find yourself in Deland or Holly Hill you must eat the fried chicken at Hamptons. Best fried chicken I've ever had.

Yea, thats what I need, another Crack source
(04-16-2015, 07:53 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you lead a healthy lifestyle?

No. I just had my annual blood work done, and my annual physical. Plus, since I've been a smoker for so long, my Doc decided to have some chest X-rays done.

Blood work- Doc looked at my #s and said they were great, even complimented me on eating healthy....to which I informed him that basically I eat a lot of crap.

BMI index-23 (under 25 is cool)

Blood pressure, temp, and all that stuff-normal

Chest X-rays-completely normal.

I don't know if I'm blessed with a good metabolism, or what. I eat crap food and smoke a pack a day, I don't work out or anything...albeit I'm pretty active on the job. Even for as long and as heavy as I drank alcohol, when I went into rehab, my liver checked out OK.

Turn 50 this year, so next physical will involve the prostrate check, and I'm sure I'll get the ole camera up the poop chute done as well. Until I get some negative results on some tests, I'll probably just keep on keeping on. Defo need to quit the cigs though, if nothing else for financial reasons...figure I smoke away 2-3 house payments/year.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(04-16-2015, 09:30 PM)sally Wrote: Publix fried chicken is pretty good. But if you ever find yourself in Deland or Holly Hill you must eat the fried chicken at Hamptons. Best fried chicken I've ever had.

There's the sleepy nigga! Hi, honey. I've been lusting all week for that salad you made and this weekend I'm making it. I hope I don't fuck up the scallops. You can't take your eyes off those puppies for even a tiny second. I'm going into this thinking it starts with a basic garden salad, I know I won't screw that up.
(04-17-2015, 05:51 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Chest X-rays-completely normal.

I know a few people who smoke and get the same results as you. So odd the way it affects some people in such a negative way and others not at all. One friend says she likes to smoke and she has no intention of quitting and has never even tried.
I'm on a new diet called The Video Gamer. Basically I just forget to eat for long periods of time, helped me drop a few pounds.

Also, 60 is actually the prime age to smoke weed. Until the age of 30, it prevents brain development, but after that age, the brain is fully developed in the area marijuana affects. Course, by 30 you might have steady employment, kids to take care of, lots of activities that demand time sinks. So you probably don't have the time to invest in cannabis until the kids move out, you're a fixture at your current job or even reaching retirement age, and all those activities that you spent time on aren't as hectic anymore. Perfect time to rock the ganja.
(04-17-2015, 06:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 05:51 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Chest X-rays-completely normal.

I know a few people who smoke and get the same results as you. So odd the way it affects some people in such a negative way and others not at all. One friend says she likes to smoke and she has no intention of quitting and has never even tried.

Everyone I know who has smoking related cancer got it in their 60s-70s. They've been smoking since the age of 12 and that's how long it took to catch up to them. I know there are exceptions, but I think for the most part it takes a good while to kill you.
(04-17-2015, 05:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 09:30 PM)sally Wrote: Publix fried chicken is pretty good. But if you ever find yourself in Deland or Holly Hill you must eat the fried chicken at Hamptons. Best fried chicken I've ever had.

There's the sleepy nigga! Hi, honey. I've been lusting all week for that salad you made and this weekend I'm making it. I hope I don't fuck up the scallops. You can't take your eyes off those puppies for even a tiny second. I'm going into this thinking it starts with a basic garden salad, I know I won't screw that up.

I'm on a diet so I just put a little water in a pan so the scallops don't stick, put them under the broiler for a 5-6 minutes and squeezed some lemon on them.

But if you want them to be really good you can sear them in a pan with olive oil and butter. Here's a basic recipe that can't get any easier or better.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton...ecipe.html
(04-17-2015, 10:52 AM)sally Wrote: I'm on a diet so I just put a little water in a pan so the scallops don't stick, put them under the broiler for a 5-6 minutes and squeezed some lemon on them.

I'm going to give the low cal option a shot first. I'd rather get into liking them in a salad that way rather than with all the butter.
All the smokers I have known have all, at some point, developed lung cancer. You can kid yourself that if you are a smoker you won't get it but every 15 cigarettes you smoke causes a mutation in your cells and mutations can easily become cancerous. There are dozens of different toxic chemicals in tobacco you may as well save time and suck a tailpipe.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-17-2015, 10:20 AM)Cutz Wrote: I'm on a new diet called The Video Gamer. Basically I just forget to eat for long periods of time, helped me drop a few pounds.

I'm also on the Video Gamer diet. But its the one where you get a real bad case of the munchies so you over eat. I don't eat on my overnight shifts which might help me lose a few pounds except I usually even it out by eating a big breakfast after my shift.
(04-17-2015, 10:52 AM)sally Wrote: I'm on a diet so I just put a little water in a pan so the scallops don't stick, put them under the broiler for a 5-6 minutes and squeezed some lemon on them.

But if you want them to be really good you can sear them in a pan with olive oil and butter. Here's a basic recipe that can't get any easier or better.

I went to buy the scallops and fishmonger is gone from the Amish market :(
(04-17-2015, 12:08 PM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: All the smokers I have known have all, at some point, developed lung cancer. You can kid yourself that if you are a smoker you won't get it but every 15 cigarettes you smoke causes a mutation in your cells and mutations can easily become cancerous. There are dozens of different toxic chemicals in tobacco you may as well save time and suck a tailpipe.
Crazy, my grandfather smoked his whole life. Died at 79 cancer free. Guess it's not all smokers.
My Memere died at 97 she smoked her entire life. She did have an oxygen tank for the last few years though and she worked in the textile mills for a long time. Back then shit was flying in the air like a puffed up field of cat tails in the wind.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.