Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DRONES VS YOUR PRIVACY

Are you aware that a drone could hover over your home and film everything going on in your backyard and you don't really have much recourse?

There are a few miscellaneous laws out there, like no flying them near airports, the PGA got something passed so a drone couldn't film a golf competition, no flying around the SF Bay bridge, etc. but there are no firm laws governing one's right to privacy in regards to drones. There are no regulations. Someone can be arrested for peeping in your window but if a drone is filming while hovering 50 ft. off the ground on your property there's not really much you can do. How 'bout that shit. Do you care?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Posted this before, and now here again. Yes drones are bad in the wrong hands! (can't get it to automatically load)

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/dr...aw-n139626
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Meh-Google Street view already has pics of my back yard posted all over the internet, and how many remote control planes, or weather balloons have little camera's attached to them.

I could see where a person would be spooked about the contraption hovering outside her window, though-I'd probably think aliens were attacking.
Don't like them. Don't think they should be used and if I ever see one and have a clear shot, that fucker is coming down.
I have a couple of those things and plan on building a couple more. They are Strictly for my own enjoyment and never to be used to spy on anyone. If you see one of my units hovering outside your window you have my express permission to shoot it down. That said, if I happen to be buzzing around your neighborhood, leave it the fuck alone.
There is no difference in my drone taking pics of a neighborhood 50 feet up and the google car or even a police dash cam other than the angle of the pic.
"Drone" has become one of these buzz words that the media has locked onto to scare people. By associating my little aerial photography platform with the unmanned aircraft the police, cia, fbi and military use to for real spy and kill assholes with they put all of them in the same bucket. Yes there are some assholes out there that do invade folks privacy and do stupid shit like fly in the no fly zones around airports. They need jail and an ass beating. There is no need to take mine away from me, or put very strict rules in place preventing me from flying around populated areas.

If your interested, I'll post up a link to some incredible videos that guys I know have done from their birds, I haven't built a library yet of my own, but will soon.
(05-14-2015, 07:31 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Don't like them. Don't think they should be used and if I ever see one and have a clear shot, that fucker is coming down.

See? This is why I love you.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I have one, used to fly it a lot at my place in NY. Not so much now, but they are fun. I fly responsibly... stay under altitude restrictions, away from private property, and not near any person.

Quadcopters are R/C devices, like the R/C planes that have been flying around for decades. Difference now is the cameras on them and jack holes who don't know how to behave.

Here I was bothering the geese on my pond...

hah You fucker.
Herding geese FTW!
(05-14-2015, 06:03 AM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

Are you aware that a drone could hover over your home and film everything going on in your backyard and you don't really have much recourse?

I wasn't aware or else I'd be nude in my backyard and work on some better material for my one-man drone show.
Probably using argument that airspace over your home does not belong to you or some shit like that. Wait...you cannot fly over a golf game, but that idiot crashed one on the White House Lawn

I think in some cases they might be making up the rules as they go along. I don't know that to be the case and I haven't really investigated it but it all looks a little wishy washy to me, a lot of passing the buck.

Airspace has been traditionally the FAA's domain but now that people can actually purchase their own drones for fun there are those who don't want those things flying around their homes so they complain to the police and the cops don't exactly know how to handle it.
(05-14-2015, 01:23 PM)Duchess Wrote: [i]

I think in some cases they might be making up the rules as they go along. I don't know that to be the case and I haven't really investigated it but it all looks a little wishy washy to me, a lot of passing the buck.

Airspace has been traditionally the FAA's domain but now that people can actually purchase their own drones for fun there are those who don't want those things flying around their homes so they complain to the police and the cops don't exactly know how to handle it.[/i]

They could handle it F.U.'s way, that would get their attention! hah

Tossed t-shirt causes drone to crash in Lake Havasu City

Story;

Police said a California man threw a T-shirt at a low-flying, unmanned aerial drone Saturday in the Bridgewater Channel and caused damage to it.

The owner of the drone said he was flying it over the crowds of people in the channel when Pollard threw a T-shirt at his drone, causing it to fall down and break.

Pollard said the incident was an accident because he looked up and was scared by something flying in front of his face coming toward him and he reached out and smacked it.

He said he did not mean to break it. Pollard was cited and released for criminal damage.

link

So if a drone is above your house taking pictures you have no right to bring it down? A sad state of affairs.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-26-2015, 12:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: So if a drone is above your house taking pictures you have no right to bring it down? A sad state of affairs.

Knowing I'd get in some kind of trouble would never deter me from taking a shot at it and I believe there are many people who share my feelings on that.
There's some pretty sleazy stuff going on this time of the year up in Havasu.
If the drone was close enough to "reach out and smack it" then it was too close and in the man's personal space. Even in public we all have a personal space that when violated deserves protection.
(05-26-2015, 12:36 PM)Maggot Wrote: Tossed t-shirt causes drone to crash in Lake Havasu City

Story;

Police said a California man threw a T-shirt at a low-flying, unmanned aerial drone Saturday in the Bridgewater Channel and caused damage to it.

The owner of the drone said he was flying it over the crowds of people in the channel when Pollard threw a T-shirt at his drone, causing it to fall down and break.

Pollard said the incident was an accident because he looked up and was scared by something flying in front of his face coming toward him and he reached out and smacked it.

He said he did not mean to break it. Pollard was cited and released for criminal damage.

link

So if a drone is above your house taking pictures you have no right to bring it down? A sad state of affairs.

But it wasn't over his house, it was in a public place. I would think there are different laws governing someone being able to fly a drone above or near one's house, especially if it has a camera attached.

Drones are annoying at public events. Saw one when watching fireworks, it was distracting.

Right now drones can be flown over anyone's home and the only way to stop it will be to extend one's property rights to the airspace above your home. That's my understanding of it.
Currently I believe drones cost (I may be wrong) a lot of money, just as with any new invention that comes on the market. Remember PC's initially cost thousands of dollars, now not so much.

Eventually when the cost drones drastically drops, consequently there most likely will be a flood of them all over, causing havoc!

We ain't see nothing yet! hah