• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
YOUR HOLINESS

Did you go to church today?

Why or why not?

Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No. I woke up with a headache.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I checked out a few churches. Didn't find God, but the place was packed with people I didn't like the other six days of the week.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Yes

Why?...because I wanted to.
No.

Evil Clang has broken free of his prison shell.
Yes I did . . . Wait, by church you really meant bar , right?
(05-17-2015, 12:18 PM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: Yes I did . . . Wait, by church you really meant bar , right?

I guess if I can be one with God on the back of my horse you can surely worship him in a bar.
No, churches give me the creeps. And the people that go there.

I use to clean a church and they fired me because I was in such a hurry to get out of there that I was leaving trash behind on the pews. The room had this weird red glow and there was a round black curtain on the stage. I don't know wtf they used it for, but I never looked behind it because I was scared I was going to find Rosemary's baby.

I also cleaned for the people that owned the church and they lived in a mansion on the river. Not exactly modest living.
(05-17-2015, 12:34 PM)sally Wrote: No, churches give me the creeps. And the people that go there.

I use to clean a church and they fired me because I was in such a hurry to get out of there that I was leaving trash behind on the pews. The room had this weird red glow and there was a round black curtain on the stage. I don't know wtf they used it for, but I never looked behind it because I was scared I was going to find Rosemary's baby.

I also cleaned for the people that owned the church and they lived in a mansion on the river. Not exactly modest living.

The people that owned the church?

This I've never heard of.

No wonder some of you are skeptical. If all you've been exposed to are televangelists and people that 'own' their church, you've missed out.
I meant they owned the building and their son was the pastor. They weren't televangelists, but all of them were filthy rich.

Our priests & nuns were never rich.
My grandpa was a Methodist minister and while he didn't get rich off it, he did make a good living. The church paid for his parsonage plus he received a salary that was probably above the average household income of the people attending the church. He lived a humble lifestyle and dedicated most of his time to the church and the lord so he was compensated accordingly I guess, but there are many unlike him who do get rich of your tithe. Church is big business, that's why you'll find one on every corner in Anytown, USA.

I think it's blasphemy that anyone would get rich off the tithe of worshipers.
(05-18-2015, 09:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I think it's blasphemy that anyone would get rich off the tithe of worshipers.

I do too.

When I was a kid in the Catholic church we had our own little envelopes that our mom would put a few coins in and we gave it when the guys came around with their baskets. Never once did I think the priest was lining his pockets with that money. I never saw anyone involved with the running of our church living high on the hog. Of course I was just a kid so what did I know but I think I would have at least heard about it if it was happening.
Oh, I think there are plenty of charlatans who have lined their pockets through the years.

A person needs to have enough common sense and smarts to know if they're attending a church like that.