TIL: ..
Today, I learned that the Chinese force feed a pig to grow to over 900 kilograms in size, just so they can kill it. They're called Shen Dzu, or 'God pigs'
(06-04-2015, 09:57 AM)crash Wrote: the Chinese force feed a pig to grow to over 900 kilograms in size, just so they can kill it.

That makes me sick. I hope they all get trichinosis.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-04-2015, 09:57 AM)crash Wrote: Today, I learned that the Chinese force feed a pig to grow to over 900 kilograms in size, just so they can kill it. They're called Shen Dzu, or 'God pigs'
Makes sense. You can't feed a billion people at a pig roast without growing your pigs big.
There must be a ton of just fat on such a pig.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
TIL that when the CEO of the Sesame Street Workshop was asked if Bert and Ernie are gay, he replied, "They are not gay, they are not straight, they are puppets. They don’t exist below the waist."

Relevant..
The force feeding of the pigs is called animal abuse. It is also called cruelty to animals. How would they like somebody force feeding them?
(06-09-2015, 09:12 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The force feeding of the pigs is called animal abuse. It is also called cruelty to animals.

Wow..

All that academia is paying dividends in your communications skills. Your higher learning is also assisting you to convey messages.
(06-09-2015, 09:12 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The force feeding of the pigs is called animal abuse. It is also called cruelty to animals. How would they like somebody force feeding them?

I don't know how it is there but here animals are considered property. Things have been changing but very slowly and it's still not enough to make people pay for the godawful things that are sometimes done to those poor creatures. I'm not speaking directly to the force feeding of animals but to the abuse of them.
(06-09-2015, 09:19 AM)crash Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 09:12 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The force feeding of the pigs is called animal abuse. It is also called cruelty to animals.

Wow..

All that academia is paying dividends in your communications skills. Your higher learning is also assisting you to convey messages.

That's an astute observation, crash. In addition, you clearly see the situation accurately.
(06-09-2015, 09:12 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The force feeding of the pigs is called animal abuse. It is also called cruelty to animals. How would they like somebody force feeding them?

Here we call them all-you-can-eat buffets... and you should see the pigs voluntarily line up to eat there.
Pigs will eat even if they're not hungry you don't have to stick a tube down their mouth and force them to do anything. They just run around and eat all day.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-09-2015, 11:21 AM)Maggot Wrote: Pigs will eat even if they're not hungry

So will beagles & people.
(06-09-2015, 11:15 AM)Jimbone Wrote:

Here we call them all-you-can-eat buffets... and you should see the pigs voluntarily line up to eat there.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

There are Pigs, and then there are are Pigs, that's why they're called Pigs.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(06-09-2015, 11:15 AM)Jimbone Wrote:

Oink Oink. Hard to resist when they fill your trough with all you can eat sushi, steaks, pot roast, crab rangoons, etc.
TIL that there are shotgun shells that create life instead of taking it.

http://www.cnet.com/news/for-extreme-gar...l-of-seed/

hah That is so cool! Wildflowers. Now I'm going to have to hunt down a picture.
(06-09-2015, 09:19 AM)crash Wrote:

Wow..

Oh right Crash, so do you buy caged eggs when you are here in Oz? I bet you don't. Force feeding is torturing those animals. I am for humane treatment to all living creatures great and small. It's wrong wrong wrong, I wouldn't have a bar of it. Steer clear of it, it might bring you bad luck. Even participating or watching makes you as culpable as the hands on cheap labourers. Maybe even more so, because you know better, they don't.
I don't think he's arguing that it's wrong, Aussie. He was making fun of your post stating that animal abuse is also called cruelty to animals. Yeah no shit Aussie, no fucking shit.
I'm surprised she didn't add "Being a big ol' meanie to critters", too.

Aussie: Angry, hittin' the bottle and going to bed alone . . . again!
While this pig is not as big as you are talking about its good sized and not forced fed. We cooked this one up Saturday for a wedding reception.

[Image: 11148737_891715730871780_334747370689469...lfk5mm.jpg]