Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who here has a Rabbit, Guinea pig, or Chinchilla
If you do will any of those critters eat cucumber skins? I'm just wondering.

[Image: dancedance_zpsrjsdqhnc.gif]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I think QB has chinchillas.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Thought she had rats?
She has Chinchillas. There is a reason I'm asking and I was wondering if anyone has actually feed them to their other family members. Just the skin though.
I have two rabbits, Lewis and Lady. I've never tried feeding them cucumber skins before, but I can go try it now.

It's not going to kill them is it? If they kick the bucket I'm gonna be pissed.
They both ate it. I ate a piece too just for the hell of it and I can feel it stuck in my throat now. That's probably why people peel cucumbers.
I never fed my guinea pigs cucumber peels so I'm no help. I usually leave thin, little strips of peels on my cucumbers when I put them in a salad.

My mom used to take the peels, sprinkle them with salt and munch on them as a snack (but then again, my mom isn't a rabbit, guinea pig or chinchilla).

Spill it Maggot. What's up with the cucumber peels?

ETA: I imagine they're like apples...one of the items you OUGHT to buy organic as the peels are probably soaked in fertilizers and insecticides.
Commando Cunt Queen
Lewis ate a miniature rubber Minnie mouse doll the other day that my daughter left in the bathroom so eating a cucumber peel doesn't say much for him.
The peels have plenty of vitamin K that's good for blood clotting, But cockroaches that will eat anything shun the peels for some reason. I was going to make a salad and was wondering why I always peeled them. I bet there's a bunch of uses for them.
Kale is also packed with vitamin K. 2 12 cups has 870%. That's actually my rabbit's favorite food. I like it pretty well too.
I got a big bowl of lettuce and 10-12 cucumbers from my garden this weekend. I was thinking of doing Kale next year.
(08-17-2015, 03:06 PM)sally Wrote: Kale is also packed with vitamin K. 2 12 cups has 870%. That's actually my rabbit's favorite food. I like it pretty well too.
yeah kale is pretty good. I eat it on the McDonald's salad and the Italian wrap I get from Cumby's. I don't know why I'm always hearing negative things about the taste.
(08-17-2015, 03:32 PM)Maggot Wrote: I got a big bowl of lettuce and 10-12 cucumbers from my garden this weekend. I was thinking of doing Kale next year.
I've heard it's easy to grow.
(08-17-2015, 03:06 PM)sally Wrote: Kale is also packed with vitamin K. 2 12 cups has 870%. That's actually my rabbit's favorite food. I like it pretty well too.

Kale is nasty. It's bitter.
Commando Cunt Queen
It's bitter if you eat it raw, but it's nice in soups and sautés and stir fries. To me anyway.

Portuguese potato soup with kale and chorizo is really good. The Olive Garden also makes an Italian version that is pretty good for a chain restaurant.
(08-17-2015, 12:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I think QB has chinchillas.

Used to have a chinchilla..now I have rats. Yes. if not store bought. The stores put that waxy shit on the outside sometimes, and not good. But if farm market or home grown, wash well. Not a lot though. Just some. Some people who own guinea pigs feed them an all veggie and hay diet. No store bought food.
Rats!!!!! Smiley_emoticons_shocked
(08-18-2015, 09:50 AM)Maggot Wrote: Rats!!!!! Smiley_emoticons_shocked

Yes, RATS. Two white, red beady eyed rats. They are sisters, and littermates. And they fight like sisters too.
I remember digging some post hole under a porch and finding a nest stuffed with wrappers and all kinds of stuff there must have been 10-12 babies that I tossed into the driveway. The crows loved them.

I don't like rats or mice but will feed them to snakes easily.

Back in the day when I used to muck stalls I would find mice nests in the corners all the time. I always covered them back up and let them live. I didn't want to play a role in their death. I knew it would only be a matter of time before one of the mousers got 'em and I would never have to know anything about their death.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]