GAY TEEN DATE

As a parent or someone with teens in your life, would it bother you if another student brought their same sex date to a school function like Homecoming where they would be dancing cheek to cheek?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
No. Back in the day I was kind of homophobic but I've evolved. You never know who is going to have ta' gay (hell, it could be one of my kids) so the sooner society gets over it, the less troubled these kids are going to be (suicides among gay youth should fall etc.).

Further, I think the kids themselves are much more accepting than some of their parents (especially if they've been raised accordingly). Parents ought not shove their own irrational fears (being gay is contagious) on to their kids.
Commando Cunt Queen
(09-28-2015, 11:19 AM)username Wrote: I think the kids themselves are much more accepting than some of their parents

I believe this is true for the majority. I also think that some of the school functions that gay kids are shut out from stem from the feelings of the adults rather than the feelings of the kids.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It wouldn't bother me at all; a gay couple should be able to attend a public high school dance together in my opinion.

Back when I was in high school, about the worst thing a person could be was 'gay'. No one was out of the closet. Fortunately, the stigma associated with homosexuality is all but gone in the minds of most adults I know.

The majority of us has evolved over the last 15 years or so as a result of really listening to gay people and considering the issue fairly and logically. The gay rights advocates have done a good job getting their message heard, especially over the last decade.

There are still plenty of homophobes of all ages (I know and love a few), but I agree with username; today's generation of teens is generally much more accepting.