Something I've noticed about people
I make my beds with the blanket folded down and the pillows nice and neat like this

[Image: Pretty-As-A-Picture-Duvet-Cover-amp-Stan...mohxtm.jpg]

Then whenever I have guests over I notice the next morning that they make the bed they slept in like this with the blanket pulled up over the pillows . May as well not even bother making the fucking thing.

[Image: 101116e_zpsreugzocq.jpg]

Why the fuck would anyone do that? Why! If you make your bed like that you're an asshole. Especially if you're woman.

A bedskirt for a curtain. Hahahaha!

My pillows are up like in the first picture but my comforter is not turned down.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-07-2016, 06:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My pillows are up like in the first picture but my comforter is not turned down.

That's the only picture I could find with the comforter up over the pillows like that. But yeah, if I don't fold the comforter down, I pull it to the back and set the pillows up over it. Every damn guest I've ever had makes their bed like that with the comforter pulled up over the pillows all stupid. Maybe they can sense it bugs the shit out of me and they get some kind of sick satisfaction out of it. Or maybe they just think it looks good, I don't know.
I don't have the comforter turned down, but have the pillows propped up like in the first pic.

The designer of the room in the bottom pic probably needed to use the bed frame as a porch fence, which freed up the bedskirt for curtains. I imagine the missing bedsheet serving as a shower curtain and the pillow cases as laundry bags. The blanket is just a blanket, covering those missing elements and really tying the room together.
That kinda looks like my first apartment. It needs a couple big pot plants and some mushrooms on the bureau.

But when I have people stay over now I don't care how they make the bed, if they are staying for a week or so or for a few days I consider it their room till they leave, then the stuff gets washed. I'm not their French maid.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-07-2016, 06:52 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 06:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's the only picture I could find with the comforter up over the pillows like that. But yeah, if I don't fold the comforter down, I pull it to the back and set the pillows up over it. Every damn guest I've ever had makes their bed like that with the comforter pulled up over the pillows all stupid. Maybe they can sense it bugs the shit out of me and they get some kind of sick satisfaction out of it. Or maybe they just think it looks good, I don't know.

Or.................you're a nut case neat freak that is never satisfied.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It sorta reminds me of my aversion to anyone hanging a dishtowel on my range door.
I think pillows under is from a bygone era maybe? Don't quote me but I am not good with this domestic shit. I know how to make a patients bed, and the pillows are out, and you must fold the corners a certain way or it all goes to shit.
(04-07-2016, 07:47 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I think pillows under is from a bygone era maybe? Don't quote me but I am not good with this domestic shit. I know how to make a patients bed, and the pillows are out, and you must fold the corners a certain way or it all goes to shit.

Yes it is a bygone era and that's the way my grandma taught me how to make a bed, but the difference was that you brought the quilt up over the pillows and then with your side arm you tucked them in. Not just throw the blanket over the pillows all sloppy. You have to tuck them and nowadays they don't even make blankets long enough to do that.

If you can't tuck them or won't tuck them then do the next normal thing and put the fucking pillows on top.
I think my mother always made us cover and tuck. I go to the other extreme. Why bother to make a bed I'm just getting right back into in 16 hours? Not like I let anybody into my bedroom anyway, whodafuq am I trying to impress?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
If my husband ever made the bed I would think he turned queer.

And I'd welcome it as long as he tucked or topped.
The cover and tuck worked because people used to have bedspreads. Most people have comforters and pillow shams these days.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Sally,

You don't have to pretend with us...I think we can all relate to having the occasional hard times where we just can't afford curtains, boxspring, etc.

We are not here to judge you...heck, I am having financial struggles myself......I could probably send you a mattress pad which might look at little better than the bedskirt to use as a curtain.....I also have a comforter which might add a little color to your bedroom.

Just know, hon, that you don't need to be embarrassed as we understand. Bless your heart!
Some hotels make the bed with the pillows under the bed spread.
(04-07-2016, 08:25 PM)Donovan Wrote: I think my mother always made us cover and tuck. I go to the other extreme. Why bother to make a bed I'm just getting right back into in 16 hours? Not like I let anybody into my bedroom anyway, whodafuq am I trying to impress?

16 hours? Look at Mr. Workaholic over here! I require a solid 12 hours of sleep a night, minimum.
What is this "making the bed" thing you all speak of?
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

I think sometimes you can get a larger size for your bed, like if you have a Queen get King size linen.
(04-08-2016, 01:46 AM)Love Child Wrote: Some hotels make the bed with the pillows under the bed spread.

If you're staying at a hotel that still tucks the pillows under those old fashion bedspreads chances are good that you'll be murdered. Or at the least come home with bed bugs.
(04-08-2016, 08:47 AM)thekid65 Wrote: What is this "making the bed" thing you all speak of?

hah

I make my bed every single morning. I'm fanatic about it. It's not easy being a neat freak.
The thing I've noticed, and not sure if it's real, or just my imagination....but during the summer months, on the rare occasion when I've made my bed, the bed/sheets actually feel cooler when I crawl into it as opposed to an unmade bed. Anyone else experience this?
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.