YOUR CELL PHONE

Do you carry your phone around all the time? I'm talkin' holding it in your hand as you run errands, holding it constantly as you are out & about?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm always on call, so I always have it on me and always have to worry about keeping it charged. I dream about being able to be phone-free for hours at a time.
I slummed around with crappy phones for years. I know I looked uncool whilst everyone else had their iPhones. I waited, I salary packaged (instead of paying tax, it's an work related expense), I used that money this year to buy a gold Samsung 6. I love it. Yes I take it with me everywhere, I can use Eftpos on it instead of credit cards. But I still have to take my cards with me, because like today when it was raining the reception was bad and it wouldn't work, so you have to use it the old fashioned way, using your card.

I could rave on and on about how wonderful my phone is, I love it, I would never ever buy anything again except a Samsung. Retail was $997, I picked it up on special for $699, I bought a cover for it that cost $100 but it is one of those covers that if you drop it from the rooftop your phone will be fine. You can even drop it in the toilet.

I have downloaded 'law of attraction' apps, 'attract wealth', 'exercise', 'quit smoking', which I haven't even used the quit smoking or exercise one.

What I really like too is Spotify, especially when I did a 4 hour drive for a business trip. You create those playlist, plug it into your car and play all your songs that you can sing loudly to.

If you are in the market, don't overlook Samsung, they shit all over iPhones. Make sure you get a norton antivirus though too. Need all that crap if you are investing in something like that.

One last thing, I like that I can do my banking on my phone, just think all the money and time and petrol it saves you. Love it.
As you already know I answer all the calls for my husbands business so I constantly carry a phone in each pocket. One for local calls and one for out of town. When 5 pm comes I put them in a drawer and forget about them until the next dreaded morning comes. Sometimes I have dreams about them ringing and sometimes I hear them ringing when they're not.
I just stick it in my pocket.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
me my first one when we started dating. Prior to that I had no interest in getting one. Fast forward to today...I rarely use it except to send texts to my husband and a couple friends. I often will forget to charge it, or even bring it with me when I go out.

I wonder if it is a generational thing? Mine always had phones tethered to a wall. Now, different for the kids these days.
I guess you won't be walking off a cliff or into a fountain then.
mine is always with me except in class. I am usually plugged in listening to an ebook
Smart phones are the start of the downfall of society. We are becoming cyborgs.

I've seen families in restaurants where the entire family has their face in their phone. Apparently it was too much to ask for them to engage with each other.
I usually get yelled at, for not having it with me. I buy the cheapie tracfones, because I lose them all the time, generally because I place it on the roof of my car and forget about it. Can't tell you how many phones I've driven over or destroyed by driving off with it on the roof.
(06-21-2016, 07:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: I just stick it in my pocket.

...On vibrate.
(06-22-2016, 11:01 AM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 07:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: I just stick it in my pocket.

...On vibrate.

Yeah and sometimes I don't even answer it or even look at it after. I'm anti-people sometimes.
Apparently there are people who carry two..
I remember 8 yrs or so ago A guy was walking around in circles talking alone in the parking lot and I said "look at that fucking idiot" Today it happens all the time and its normal. The phone was clipped to his side.
I do that all the time because I use a hands free kit, sometimes people look at me funny, fuckem.
I am usually doing something with my hands and I hate standing there holding the phone to my ear.
See it all the time, walk into a restaurant and everyone is on their phone, texting and scrolling
I have my phone with me all the time but it's used primarily for entertainment and information rather than communication. I read and look things up or surf while sitting in waiting rooms but I don't like to talk on the phone and I don't text often. I'd probably be fine without it but that "instant information" part is very habitforming.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

I prefer to text rather than talk.
I texted once and that was only to say "yes"

It's so much easier than having to chat and go through all the niceties. If I have a simple question I need answered or need to make a statement it's simple as can be, done and over. Ta Da.