BUZZED?

Have you been buzzed lately, maybe from some weed or a few beers/drinks?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I caught a buzz over the weekend. Not smoking during the week anymore and the difference in how I feel compared to smoking everyday is like night and day. 2 hits and I was toast!
Sorry Aussie, no meltdowns in my future.
Does a caffeine buzz count?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
A buzz is a buzz.
Right now.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
Got a light buzz tonight. Had tickets to go see Steve Winwood and Steely Day, holy shit what a show, 50 years and still going
(06-30-2016, 12:02 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Got a light buzz tonight. Had tickets to go see Steve Winwood and Steely Dan, holy shit what a show, 50 years and still going

Waiting for the Defranco Family reunion. 'Till then- yeah, that sounds like a cool lineup.
I had trouble kicking the cigarettes, I had bought nicotine replacement to help me. I just got back from interstate business, and I have been exhausted. Whilst I was away, I had a nicotine patch on, I forgot I had it on, and fell asleep with it on and had the WORST nightmare. It has put me off nicotine altogether, whether it's via a cigarette or some other means.

I don't smoke regularly but I know a few people who do and quitting is one of the hardest things to do. Someone I care about quit a year ago and she still reaches for a cigarette that's not even there, she still desires one. I'll smoke one a couple times a year, it's usually one I pull out of my console, old & stale, it makes me briefly light headed.
I quit before my son was born, but the moment I knew I was officially a nonsmoker didn't happen until a few years later when I caught a ride across town with a heavy smoker who had poor hygiene skills. The smell in that truck (window also would not roll down) nearly killed me. Never had a desire for a smoke after that day.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(07-02-2016, 11:37 AM)Donovan Wrote: I quit before my son was born, but the moment I knew I was officially a non-smoker didn't happen until a few years later when I caught a ride across town with a heavy smoker who had poor hygiene skills. The smell in that truck (window also would not roll down) nearly killed me. Never had a desire for a smoke after that day.

Same scenario- other than caught a ride with a guy addicted to Red Vines. Ate so many at a time he peed red. The putrid 'cherry' body odor was enough that even to this day I can't pass a candy isle and see that sticky red licorice without gagging, just a little bit.
You can get the same exact effect working at a movie theater. Red vines and soda mixed with soggy popcorn smells exactly like vomit. Bleaaagh.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Is that the extra butter kind?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

*gags*
Nope, not lately. But plan on downing at least one vodka and lemonade toddy tonight

Some drunk people have no inhibitions. I know because I saw.
(07-04-2016, 06:05 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Some drunk people have no inhibitions. I know because I saw.

C'mon, you said you wouldn't mention that! hah

Anyway, around 3 is my getting buzzed number, so I stay at that number and that totally relaxes my inhibitions, but still somewhat in control. So I have fun, but don't make an ass out of myself. (I think)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I think my alcohol desire is broken. Every time I think about buying booze I end up saying screw it and putting it back on the shelf.

I used to really like getting shitfaced with my friends but as I began getting older I developed hangups about losing my composure, now it's to the point I don't drink at all. I know there's nothing wrong with drinking socially but thinking that and actually doing that are two different things.
I think that's my issue. Not that I've gotten too old to party but that alcohol was never my thing to begin with, and right now I'd be drinking alone. And since I usually just get drowsy from booze, what's the point of that?