86 112
You are a strange, meatball eating, pillow lovin' man Frank

AND your name ... it makes me a little scared cause of Donnie Darko
Are you coming on to me?
86 112
Momster Wrote:You are a strange, meatball eating, pillow lovin' man Frank

AND your name ... it makes me a little scared cause of Donnie Darko
I love that movie, it's so bizarre.
Its on my top ten favs list. Jake Gyllenhall... me likey.
Middle Finger:

Mock needs is a few tweaks and revisions and add-ons to it's infostructure and she and her members, (barring a few Bolshevik, tyrants trying to keep the forum under their thumbs) should run smoother and happier, as there will be a more fluent running system, with a far greater variety of topics to reply to without getting bogged down by spam and in-fighting.

Start by having a section set up where Flaming other members is not tolerated.
Set it up for general and serious discussion, forum games, mocking the world and lifes issues not the sites members.
This is where your mods can actually do their job. Can you set an option on the site to "pink people" placing them on limited posting / limited options and rights, when members find a need to breech the rules by coming into the general discussion thread to flame people or spam?
This creates a section of your site that can entice people to participant and post their views without the topics getting side tracked by let's say.....Lumpy and Ramsey upchucking their lack of love for each other. That's saved for the rest of the site. You will find that you will gain members that enjoy mocking and ranting about life and the world around them or maybe even a bit of debate without making it personal, with other members, and would still enjoy being a member and hang out a great deal in the general discussion forum, adding to the site.

Borndragon ~ Seriously, try this and see if the site can't prosper from it.
[Image: borndragon.gif]
Frank you have to realise that the site is not just Sinister and Jackboots and visa versa.

If those two get hammered after treating the forum like this was the case don't despair.

This is an opportunity to evolve the forum. It does need some changes. I have no idea if the changes Borndragon suggested will help. I do know that Rant-Rave and Caged-Rage died in forum implosion so on the one hand he may know the kind of issues that cause forum meltdowns and needs to be listened to. Of course on the otherhand we can say he may well have been a part of the problem in both cases.
Need to do something obviously.
Maybe Duchess for Mod.
[user=135]Fry Guy[/user] wrote:
Quote:I have no idea if the changes Borndragon suggested will help. I do know that Rant-Rave and Caged-Rage died in forum implosion so on the one hand he may know the kind of issues that cause forum meltdowns and needs to be listened to. Of course on the otherhand we can say he may well have been a part of the problem in both cases.

[Image: shush.gif]

Actually no, I didn't have anything to do with the closure
of either Rant-Rave nor Caged Rage.

Rant simply grew tired of owning and maintaining RR for personal reasons and the fact that it had outgrown it's usefulness and as a mod there I could understand that.
Caged Rage was opened by Trinity as a replacement and was doing fine...
And even though I trolled the shit outta Caged Rage, as Nogard Thrust, from Brawl Hall, which involved Emmy, DeBauch, Trinity, The Kid65 and others and it spilled into
Forum Garden and Your Home Forum... I actually had nothing to do with Emmy's, DeBauch's, Trinity's and The Kid65's falling out and subsequent closing of the site by Trinity.
I love all my RR brothers and sisters as much as you can love being's on the interweb.

And that's the honest truth.

As far as whether or not a Non-Flaming section working or not, one needs look no further than most major Flame and Rant sites out there.

Flamers Hall at Brawl Hall has 13,046 threads with 467,372 Posts and The Hall, their non-flaming general discussion forum, has 3,508 threads with 115,930 posts, so obviously
the flaming still takes precedents, yet, you can see that the non-flaming section fulfills a need. And the same holds true all over flame town. Tried and True.

Borndragon ~ Keep hiding behind your nicswitch, fryguy.... because obviously, you really don't know shit about me.
Borndragon Wrote:Middle Finger:

Mock needs is a few tweaks and revisions and add-ons to it's infostructure and she and her members, (barring a few Bolshevik, tyrants trying to keep the forum under their thumbs) should run smoother and happier, as there will be a more fluent running system, with a far greater variety of topics to reply to without getting bogged down by spam and in-fighting.

Set it up for general and serious discussion, forum games, mocking the world and lifes issues not the sites members.
This is where your mods can actually do their job. Can you set an option on the site to "pink people" placing them on limited posting / limited options and rights, when members find a need to breech the rules by coming into the general discussion thread to flame people or spam?
This creates a section of your site that can entice people to participant and post their views without the topics getting side tracked by let's say.....Lumpy and Ramsey upchucking their lack of love for each other. That's saved for the rest of the site. You will find that you will gain members that enjoy mocking and ranting about life and the world around them or maybe even a bit of debate without making it personal, with other members, and would still enjoy being a member and hang out a great deal in the general discussion forum, adding to the site.

This idea was brought up and considered in the recent past, and shot down by me ... but I will look at it and consider it again.
86 112
[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:

This idea was brought up and considered in the recent past, and shot down by me ... but I will look at it and consider it again.

What, if I may ask, are the cons you see against it?
I sort of liked that there wasn't truly normal and nice typical forum chat on here, that this place was a break from that, while still allowing some serious talk sprinkled in when and if people feel like it. My personal break preferences better match that - selfish of me, I know. But hey, I'm open enough to revisit stuff in a serious way.
86 112
I know you were Nogard Thrush. I really don't have much of an issue with you either way but you don't half bite.

I did see the spillover from Caged rage on the YourForum.

So tell us all about Big Brother. What's the attraction?
Middle Finger Wrote:Hang in there Mock ol buddy ... 21
It'll be ok, baby...We've been down this road before with the in-fighting... This isn't the first time we have turned on each other & I'm sure it won't be the last, there's just more witnesses this time...This too shall pass.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Duchess Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:Hang in there Mock ol buddy ... 21
It'll be ok, baby...We've been down this road before with the in-fighting... This isn't the first time we have turned on each other & I'm sure it won't be the last, there's just more witnesses this time...This too shall pass.

86 112

I already suggested this, asshole and I resent being lumped in with Ramsey. Smiley_emoticons_stumm
LuMPyPussy Wrote:I already suggested this, asshole and I resent being lumped in with Ramsey. Smiley_emoticons_stumm
::lmao::
Middle Finger Wrote:This idea was brought up and considered in the recent past, and shot down by me ... but I will look at it and consider it again.
What is different now that would make you consider this really ridiculous idea?
Sinister Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:This idea was brought up and considered in the recent past, and shot down by me ... but I will look at it and consider it again.

I hate you and your topic locking slightly more.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:
I hate you and your topic locking slightly more.
As my hobby is to make you hate me, I must be doing a great job!!! I think I have every person in this forum hating me now, so I'm on a fuckin' roll!!!! ::thumbs::
There goes the dream of a popular Supermod ...
86 112