Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dollhouse
Anyone watching this show? It's on Friday nights right after Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which I'm addicted to. What's sweet is that you can catch most of these shows online if you're out or otherwise indisposed on Friday evenings...

Anyway, it's from Joss Whedon, he of the Buffy/Angel/Firefly fame and it's gotton a LOT of fans going nuts over it, but so far I think it's laying a big turd. Eliza Dushku (Faith from the Buffy/Angel shows) is the star and she plays a mindwiped hot babe that gets hired and programmedfor new jobs that put her in dangereach week. She's good looking but I can't say much for her acting ability and the dialog is wretched. At least in the other Whedon shows, there was a lot of humor... this one not so much.

If anyone's interested, they can view the first three episodes at hulu.com. No, this was not a paid endorsement. Smiley_emoticons_razz
I watch it. Last weeks was interesting in that Cesar(? the one with the 'mob' family) turned out to be who he "is"

I think the chick that lives across the hall from the FBI guy is from the dollhouse.

Its okay, but I think it will last about as long as her last attempt at a series (Tru I believe it was called) did.
Yeah, I was surprised about the Russian mob guy but I don't really understand how that ties in except to fuck up the FBI agent. And that neighbor chick is so Stepford Wife, it's kind of obvious there's something going on with her.

The only character I 'like' so far is Echo's handler, Boyd.
I like Boyd. Did you see the "subtle" at the end where she shakes her head a bit at the new girl?

I think Echo (Caroline??) is sending stuff to FBI guy when they aren't looking, she is trying to get to the Dollhouse fo some reason

AND I like FBI guy cause he was on Battlestar Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

on that note! I am so damned sad that Battlestar has only 3 episodes left... sucks
I'm waiting for BSG to finish before I gorge on the whole series on DVD. I don't like waiting between seasons. :Blush:

Yeah, I caught the head shake at the end... the last episode showed Echo using that shoulder slap that had supposedly been washed from her memory. She's clearly retaining things between jobs.

I dunno, the premise of the show is interesting but it just seems sort of flat so far.
very flat. I agree. I think it will fizzle and not get picked up. FO SHO
I'm following it (online), simply because of the Joss Whedon thing.

I think there are some interesting subplots that could be cool if they flesh things out a bit more... but that last episode, with the 'hunter'? was kind of 'meh'. I guess we'll see where it all goes. Right now, I'm more enjoying watching House and Hells Kitchen.
SyberBitch Wrote:I'm following it (online), simply because of the Joss Whedon thing.

I think there are some interesting subplots that could be cool if they flesh things out a bit more... but that last episode, with the 'hunter'? was kind of 'meh'. I guess we'll see where it all goes. Right now, I'm more enjoying watching House and Hells Kitchen.
I enjoyed the plot of that hunter episode more when I read the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" back in junior high.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:
SyberBitch Wrote:I'm following it (online), simply because of the Joss Whedon thing.

I enjoyed the plot of that hunter episode more when I read the short story "The Most Dangerous Game" back in junior high.
Right. It's kind of overused.
It's sitting in my dvr waiting for me to watch. I wanted to watch because I'm a fan of Joss Whedon and I think Eliza Dushku is hot. I've heard mix reactions about it though
If you're bored and all, its not painful to watch...no worse than a flu shot!
Have you ever seen Firefly/Serenity? Really good show, I wish it had lasted longer than one season.

And I think Summer Glau is hotter.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Have you ever seen Firefly/Serenity? Really good show, I wish it had lasted longer than one season.

And I think Summer Glau is hotter.
Summer Glau *IS* hotter... but kind of odd that they are reminiscent of each other, eh?
Summer Glau went to school here in San Antonio. Dude I work with knows her. So he says. I don't think they look ANYTHING alike Syber.
Momster Wrote:Summer Glau went to school here in San Antonio. Dude I work with knows her. So he says. I don't think they look ANYTHING alike Syber.
I don't think they really look alike... but for some reason they remind me of each other. I can't quite put my finger on why. There are some shallow physical similarities though.
hmmmm... Summer can act... Eliza... not a lick

I think maybe its the intonation of their wording that makes them similar.
Momster Wrote:hmmmm... Summer can act... Eliza... not a lick

I think maybe its the intonation of their wording that makes them similar.
It should be interesting (read: amusing) to watch Eliza struggle with the challenge of portraying a different 'personality' in each episode of 'Dollhouse', since she really does best when just playing 'herself'.
I have a feeling each identity will eventually need to turn into the ass kicker "Faith" persona midpoint through each episode. Her acting skills won't really be stretched much.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:I have a feeling each identity will eventually need to turn into the ass kicker "Faith" persona midpoint through each episode. Her acting skills won't really be stretched much.
Good point.