Songs you could puke by.
Here is a thread that you can put songs that if they were never heard again it would be to soon. That is unless you were in the middle of about 12 dry heaves.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Clang- The Rose

Not sure how many 45's Chrysalis Records pressed of this recording, but they should all be smashed with a sledgehammer.
I'll see your 'The Rose', and raise you a 'Wind Beneath My Wings'.

I'll also throw in the movie that song was from too, which was equally vomitus.

Or maybe we can just smash Bette Midler with the sledgehammer and be done with it.
When I was a teenager I was a, umm, temporary guest of the government in South Dakota, and they granted my request of a radio since I was in solitary confinement with my brother due to our age. The catch was, the radio was outside the bars and tuned to top forty so we couldn't change it, turn it off or turn it down. For ten solid days I heard "Spin Me Right Round" and "Love Shack" every 25 minutes for 16 hours a day. To this day hearing either triggers a fight or flight response and the urge to kill.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

I was in the tanning salon the other day and they were playing disco *cringe* and I thought WTF is this shit.

I don't like saccharine sweet love songs either.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-01-2017, 11:23 PM)Donovan Wrote: When I was a teenager I was a, umm, temporary guest of the government in South Dakota, and they granted my request of a radio since I was in solitary confinement with my brother due to our age. The catch was, the radio was outside the bars and tuned to top forty so we couldn't change it, turn it off or turn it down. For ten solid days I heard "Spin Me Right Round" and "Love Shack" every 25 minutes for 16 hours a day. To this day hearing either triggers a fight or flight response and the urge to kill.

Brutal, at least they could have mixed in "Some Like it Hot" to really get the ears bleeding.

Old friend of mine is a state trooper, and they're form of that same type punishment was shorter lived. When they bring suspects to the barracks, they are only held there for less than a few hours usually. So when they'd get a particularly rowdy person, they secure them to the wall as required, then place:

[Image: evil_monkey.jpg]

juuuuuuust out of their reach, turn it on, and close the door. He said it usually wasn't more than a few minutes before they'd have a compliant and much calmer person.
I think in my case they were being dicks because the day we came in a dude named Elvis Presley Whitehorse who had been busted for kiting checks, had escaped after posting his bond...with a bad check. I may have cracked a few jokes. And the police were already irritated at having to watch us, so they were unamused.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(10-02-2017, 05:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I was in the tanning salon the other day and they were playing disco *cringe* and I thought WTF is this shit.

I don't like saccharine sweet love songs either.

Great example! *barf*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]