Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
To which America do you belong?
You kids don't remember 1969, I do. The country was extremely divided, and the best example I can point to are the two historical events of that summer: Woodstock and the moon landing. One America was wallowing in mud, while the other was reaching for the stars.

I see many similarities today. Which America do you want to be a part of?
So going to one of the most iconic music festivals of that time was a bad thing?

I have no interest in being a part of an America that looks down on people going to a music festival for fuckssake. Apparently you have no experience with those who are capable of having more than one thought at a time in their heads. I'm someone who can look at the old photographs of Woodstock & the moon landing and think they are both pretty fuckin' cool.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I belong to no America.
(10-09-2018, 02:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: you believe men have the right and entitlement to molest and sexually assault minors and women.  

If HoTD doesn't agree with you politically you better humour her snowflake mentality or she will smear you for no good reason, like every other indoctrinated SJW. Liar and Slimeball. 
Goddamn kids all hopped up on acid rolling around in the mud like a bunch of fools thinking they should have a say in anything. Nothing has changed.
I remember the hippies and I remember the moon landing. I got a cool penny from the moon landing and I remember the hippies were stinky lazy fuckers. 
You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
There are a whole lot of people who can equally and simultaneously appreciate music festivals like Woodstock and technological achievements like the moon landing.

They're not mutually exclusive, and I don't see greater appreciation of one over the other as a sign of greater or lesser patriotism.

I belong in a country where freedom to enjoy either or both continues to be no problem; no need to limit choices or 'pick a side'.
Indeed. As the great songwriter William Joel once sang. Black and white used to be so easy for me.....Shades of grey wherever I go, the more I find out, the less that I know.