Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SALLY'S EASTER DINNER THREAD

She has Jose' or somebody like that bringing a baby leg of lamb to eat for Easter dinner. Monster!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Not Easter but lamb related. My friend and I when we were teenagers and working minimum wage at a fast food place would splurge every few months and get dressed up and go out to a fancy restaurant. One time we drove up to La Jolla and I ordered minted lamb because that sounded super fancy. I asked to have it returned and cooked a little longer because it was (very) pink and the waiter refused, saying that's how it's served. I've never eaten it again and I'm surprised I ordered it in the first place considering how I feel about animals.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
Yeah, you don't want to overcook baby lamb.
(04-09-2020, 08:37 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Not Easter but lamb related.  My friend and I when we were teenagers and working minimum wage at a fast food place would splurge every few months and get dressed up and go out to a fancy restaurant.  One time we drove up to La Jolla and I ordered minted lamb because that sounded super fancy.  I asked to have it returned and cooked a little longer because it was (very) pink and the waiter refused, saying that's how it's served.  I've never eaten it again and I'm surprised I ordered it in the first place considering how I feel about animals.
Lamb isn't supposed to be served that way. I've seen many episodes of Hells Kitchen where Ramsay yelled at the chefs for undercooking the lamb.
I don't even like lamb, it was a fucking ham I ordered.
I'm doing take out.  Probably Chinese food.
Easter is actually my favorite holiday. I have always prefered it over Christmas even. I am sad to not be with family. I will chat with them on Sunday, I am not sure if I will eat something special for myself.
SORRY TO SOUND SO FUCKING DEPRESSING! DANG!

(04-09-2020, 10:54 PM)cannongal Wrote: I'm doing take out.  Probably Chinese food.
Chinese sounds good. We have not gotten take out once since this whole stupid crisis because my husband ordered so much meat and seafood I cant fit it all in my freezer. Every night we eat either fucking shrimp, halibut, salmon or elk. Which I must say is excellent quality, the shit wasnt cheap, but I dont know why we needed 50 pounds of it.
We're having baked ham and deviled eggs, and strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.  

I bought two Easter cards and two double packs of Reese's Peanut Butter/Chocolate Eggs today when I ventured to the Safeway around the block today, donning a coffee filter mask and gloves.   (Scored 200 coffee filters day before yesterday -- woo hoo.)

I'm not religious, nor is my niece.  My mom is Catholic though, when she's not sinning like crazy, so we're cool to do Easter dinner and the drunken prayer. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(04-09-2020, 10:54 PM)cannongal Wrote: I'm doing take out.  Probably Chinese food.

Hey, did you get your $500 worth of Schwan's?
(04-10-2020, 12:22 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: We're having baked ham and deviled eggs, and strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.  

I bought two Easter cards and two double packs of Reese's Peanut Butter/Chocolate Eggs today when I ventured to the Safeway around the block today, donning a coffee filter mask and gloves.   (Scored 200 coffee filters day before yesterday -- woo hoo.)

I'm not religious, nor is my niece.  My mom is Catholic though, when she's not sinning like crazy, so we're cool to do Easter dinner and the drunken prayer. Smiley_emoticons_smile

All of my favorite foods!

(04-09-2020, 11:04 PM)MirahM Wrote: Easter is actually my favorite holiday. I have always prefered it over Christmas even. I am sad to not be with family. I will chat with them on Sunday, I am not sure if I will eat something special for myself.
Order chinese and do face time with Clang.
It will be like an easter doo dah parade.
It's wonderful to wake up & find Mock still online and then to see my tribe gathered makes me so happy!

I'm not doing much of anything for Easter. I'll bake a ham, make potato salad and eat a malted milk ball disguised as a robin's egg.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-10-2020, 12:34 AM)Rootilda Wrote:

Yeah,   luckily  the second deep freezer was delivered 2 days before Schwans.   Cute little thing, but it filled up fast.  Schwans packaging is mostly air and cardboard,  so it takes up a lot of space.     
My son likes the pre made meals,  they're a quick goto when he gets out of work at night.
(04-10-2020, 12:40 AM)sally Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 11:04 PM)MirahM Wrote: Easter is actually my favorite holiday. I have always prefered it over Christmas even. I am sad to not be with family. I will chat with them on Sunday, I am not sure if I will eat something special for myself.
Order chinese and do face time with Clang.
Sounds like a good plan. I don't have anything planned for Easter either. I might not be hanging out with my brother and friend on Saturday also. My friend has to work. Big train coming in. And my brother might be on a 2 week lockdown.
(04-10-2020, 06:34 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 12:34 AM)Rootilda Wrote:

Yeah,   luckily  the second deep freezer was delivered 2 days before Schwans.   Cute little thing, but it filled up fast.  Schwans packaging is mostly air and cardboard,  so it takes up a lot of space.     
My son likes the pre made meals,  they're a quick goto when he gets out of work at night.

They've got some cheesy garlic French bread that is ridiculously overpriced but it's so fucking good. I went thru 6 of them in like two days.
(04-10-2020, 10:02 AM)Rootilda Wrote: They've got some cheesy garlic French bread that is ridiculously overpriced but it's so fucking good. I went thru 6 of them in like two days.

I think a lot of their stuff is ridiculously over priced.   Hubs put in another huge order that's supposed to be delivered on the 14th.  I swear that man is going to drive me to drink more than I already do.
I bought a tiny little freezer for more food too and if the power goes out for any length of time, I'm screwed.
(04-10-2020, 02:02 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I bought a tiny little freezer for more food too and if the power goes out for any length of time, I'm screwed.

No generator?