Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEMORIAL DAY 2020
Do y'all have plans for today? Grilling? Drinking? Is your pool open?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No plans. Just sit around the apartment as all day. Had planned to go visit ginny down in Hoosick Falls but at the last minute she said she was busy doing stuff with her family. I had my fun Saturday. Drinking beer, shots/double shots of Jameson, Cornhole, smoking cigars, running through sprinklers, listening to DJ Mannie Fresh on Facebook and drunk commenting.
Raining here all day long. So just treating it as another Monday.
Hang around the pool begging for a sally and just getting a hotd.
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/m...bat-valor/
It's suppose to get around 90 deg on Wed an d my pool is almost ready, just a few more leaves to vacuum and the shrubbery is just about done. The heat came fast and I was lucky to be done in time. This is my last week out of work so I'm scrambling to get things done. 

I'm almost done redoing my gas lines and getting a new regulator setup. New lines under ground from last year and a new tank is going in hopefully the end of this week. Steaks tomorrow though with baked potatoes. My grill is ready and bring on the summer........I'm ready. Almost time for a bonfire.

God bless the veterans and the fallen as without them this would not be possible, I did put out a new flag yesterday.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have steaks on the ready and will spend some time remembering The ones that protected me throughout the years. They never get enough accolades it seems. 

Thank you so much, I'm just a shadow and a seat.
What a cold rainy miserable weekend this turned out to be. It's 43 deg out, I hope it doesn't snow tonight.
I'm wearing socks & my favorite minky robe. It feels more like late November than nearly June and it's been raining for almost 2 days.
I just picked up 30 gallons of liquid chlorine cost me 120.00 trying to get ahead of the shortage. It should last me till the middle of August. Plus my 5 gallon empty returns.
I am hearing that everywhere. There is no fricken chlorine. You are extremely lucky to have found what you did.
(05-30-2021, 12:58 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm wearing socks & my favorite minky robe. It feels more like late November than nearly June and it's been raining for almost 2 days.

I'm glad the rain stopped enough to let me get my food shopping done and get home in my apartment before it started up again. Hoping it's nicer out Monday so I can have a BBQ with friends and smoke some cigars. I like hanging out with friends but it's also nice to have a day or two to relax and just watch some TV shows and movies.
(05-30-2021, 12:43 PM)Maggot Wrote: What a cold rainy miserable weekend this turned out to be. It's 43 deg out, I hope it doesn't snow tonight.

Yup!  I skipped out on a festival this weekend.
I would do anything for rain.
Scratch that.
I would like some rain.
I loaded a bunch of passengers on the boat on Friday
Had Saturday off and spent some time in the woods resting and hammocking with a friend
Worked a few hours today and then rested some more and tomorrow I will bring a bunch of passengers back out of the wilderness. Thankfully I should be done by 3:30.

Meaning Behind the 13 Folds
The flag-folding ceremony represents the same religious principles on which our great country was originally founded.

The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.
The second fold is a symbol of our belief in eternal life.
The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veteran departing our ranks, and who gave a portion of his or her life for the defense of our country to attain peace throughout the world.
The fourth fold represents our weaker nature; as American citizens trusting in God, it is Him we turn to in times of peace, as well as in times of war, for His divine guidance.
The fifth fold is a tribute to our country. In the words of Stephen Decatur, "Our country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right, but it is still our country, right or wrong."
The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
The seventh fold is a tribute to our armed forces, for it is through the armed forces that we protect our country and our flag against all enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.
The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor our mother, for whom it flies on Mother's Day.
The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood. It has been through their faith, love, loyalty and devotion that has molded the character of the men and women who have made this country great.
The 10th fold is a tribute to father, who has also given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since he or she was first born.
The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies God the Father, the Son and Holy Ghost.
The 13th and last fold, when the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding us of our national motto, "In God We Trust."

https://www.military.com/flag-day/meanin...folds.html

First time I've ever heard that, interesting.
I'm pretty frickin excited to eat some corn on the cob today. I know it's not local corn, but I hope it's tasty nonetheless.
I just put the flag up.
(05-31-2021, 11:42 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm pretty frickin excited to eat some corn on the cob today. I know it's not local corn, but I hope it's tasty nonetheless.

Me and my brother are meeting up with the friend I was supposed to go to the cabin with and smoke cigars, relax and then go to Dragon buffet for dinner.
Clangy, are you have Chinese for the holiday? Come here, kid and I'll grill you a burger.