Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corn Soup
I haven't had corn soup made like this but I have had a differnt version made over the stove. They would brown meat and onions and garlic and then add cans of corn, beans and tomatoes.
This is closer to what I had the other night except w/ no meat I just used a couple varieties of beans.

You could take mushrooms, onions and kidney beans and make a pretty good loaf.
I like soup. French onion is my favorite.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-02-2022, 11:54 AM)Duchess Wrote: I like soup. French onion is my favorite.

Soup is good. My favorite is cream of broccoli and cheese. And New England Clam chowder.
I make homemade soup at least once a week, but oddly my all time favorite soup is Campbell's tomato soup with just water and garlic powder added. I prefer homemade to canned soup, but not when it comes to Campbell's tomato.
(02-02-2022, 05:24 PM)sally Wrote: I make homemade soup at least once a week, but oddly my all time favorite soup is Campbell's tomato soup  with just water and garlic powder added. I prefer homemade to canned soup, but not when it comes to Campbell's tomato.

Oh yeah homemade is the best. I used to love my mom's homemade lentil soup/stew with the hot dogs and spetzchles. My mom's  beef stew was good too(once I picked out all the green beans from my bowl). If I ever get motivated to cook, I'm going to have to visit my older brother John, who I think collected mom's recipes before she died.
I think I am going to make a carrot ginger soup tonight.
I started by roasting some of the carrots and garbonzo beans
and then started a pot w/ the onions and garlic and then threw in the rest of the carrots and then added some water and ginger, tumeric and a little bit of curry.

Then put it in a blender to serve and added some plain yogurt on top.
That sounds good, today I did soup, package of mixed veggies. Chicken bullion, half an onion, three green onions, a old quarter of a boiled potato, fresh diced garlic, two cans of kirkland chicken, two cups of sliced cabbage, kosher salt and pepper. Holy crap it was good and still have two more meals.
Nice. Wow. That really was everything soup!
For California it's really cold, my rides leaving at sunrise average 50 degrees, to me that is cold but not jacket cold. You get pretty warm going up that mountain. Soup is good.
You know I'm laughing at 50 degrees
I just asked Alexa what the temp was and it is 12 that!