A BETTER PLACE
Why do you suppose some people say that to a grieving loved one? I understand that literally no one wants a loved one to suffer before death, but to say someone who died is in a better place really bugs the shit out of me.

Giving condolences always feels so awkward & meaningless to me, so trite. Do any of you struggle with that?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
better place as in no pain now
Hell no, we Irish party our asses off.
It feels awkward and meaningless to me as well. Normally I just say that there are no words to express my condolences and my thought are with you and your family and just leave it at that.
(02-24-2022, 05:28 PM)sally Wrote: It feels awkward and meaningless to me as well. Normally I just say that there are no words to express my condolences and my thought are with you and your family and just leave it at that.

Awkward and meaningless for me as well. I usually just say "My condolences.", "Sorry for your loss." or use the hug/care emoji.
(02-24-2022, 02:02 PM)BigMark Wrote: better place as in no pain now

I could not agree more with that, in theory, but there has to be a better way to express it. I always think that the best place to be is with those who love you, not dead  :(
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Death is an interlude between the chapters of our lives -- or acts, if stagecraft is your thing.