Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Random Questions
1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person?

2: Why do movies get more respect than television shows?

3: What's the worst part of your usual day?

4: Is "y'all" plural or singular?
1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person? Rocks? Shit.... I would have to say the caves in Pennsylvania (Lots of them have been visited by me) and the ones in South Dakota I've visited. Wish you said archeological instead.

2: Why do movies get more respect than television shows? Because movies came first and they don't have commercials. Great first date for your 14 year old, cheap date when you were on the skids etc.

3: What's the worst part of your usual day? The hours before coffee consumption.

4: Is "y'all" plural or singular? plural. in'at obvious?
1. My ol' man's cock.

2. Who says they do? I like the TV series M*A*S*H much better than the movie.

3. Waking up to it.

4. Depends if you are speaking to one person or more. ::lmao::
1. Was this really meant for the Members Only area?
86 112
[user=1]Middle Finger[/user] wrote:
Quote:1. Was this really meant for the Members Only area?
Please, let's keep things orderly.

Yours would be question #5. Thank you.

Postscript: Answering a question with a question is considered in polite circles as ticky-tacky.
Middle Finger Wrote:1. Was this really meant for the Members Only area?
Nope. Judgment call here and I moved it. ::hmph::
I would like to add one more to #1 please.... Devil's Tower in Wyoming.
I could say Mount Rushmore but I don't count unnatural monstronsities as interesting.
[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Quote:I would like to add one more to #1 please.... Devil's Tower in Wyoming.
I could say Mount Rushmore but I don't count unnatural monstronsities as interesting.

Really? I think Sally comes up with something interesting every now and then.
OnBendedKnee Wrote:[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Oooh. Cha-CHING. Dayum. ::thumbs::
1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person?

Ayer's Rock in OZ land.

They do?

Soon as I have it I will edit and tell you

Are you from the state ofCalifornication?
1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person? Howe's Cavern and Niagra Falls

2: Why do movies get more respect than television shows? I don't think that is necessarily true.

3: What's the worst part of your usual day? Lately the whole fucking day.

4: Is "y'all" plural or singular? Plural.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
OnBendedKnee Wrote:[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:

Thanks home skillet. And I just wanted to say that this is a lovely picture of your wife that you posted in the booking photos.

[Image: scaryface.jpg]
OnBendedKnee Wrote:1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person?

1. The Salt Flats

2. Budget (though the playing field is leveling, I believe)

3. Waking up

4. plural (you all, ie - all of you)
OnBendedKnee Wrote:1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person?

1 - The Grosglockner mountain glacier in Austria.

2 - Because TV is seen as a more disposable medium than film. You will often here people say as a point of pride "I never watch television" you never hear people say "I never watch films".

3 - Shopping, it means I have to rub shoulders with the general public.

4 - Neither, it is retarded hick speak.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:4 - Neither, it is retarded hick speak.
I don't say 'y'all', but honestly, I can't see how it's any more 'retarded' than any other contraction. Just because it hasn't <<< (contraction) been in use as long as other standard contractions, doesn't <<< (contraction) mean it's <<< (another!) any less valid.

You want to talk about retarded hick speak, try 'you'ns'. It's used the same way 'y'all' would be, well I've heard it used as either plural or singular, such as:

"You'ns want some dinner?"

But I can't even figure out the etymology for that 'word'.

Edited to add: Also, 'yous' is a common word in the northeast (particularly NJ/NYC area). Often used as 'yous guys'. lol
1: What's the most interesting geological feature you have seen in person? The deisel caves in Alanya, Turkey. And the castles that they built into the cliffs with hidden entrances from said caves.

2: Why do movies get more respect than television shows? do they?

3: What's the worst part of your usual day? when the kid wakes up EVERY night at midnight

4: Is "y'all" plural or singular? Its retard hick talk is what it is!
y'all is singular. Y'alls is plural.

Hey , Antagonist, how y'all doing today?

Hey, Mock members, y'alls want to come to my house for a super bowl party on Sunday?

As for the others:

1. The The Grand Canyon, when I flew over it going to California once. ([size=2]boy were my arms tired, *insert rim shot here*)[/size]

2. That is bull crap. I think there are hoity toity movieactors who think TV is beneath them. But you n otice more of them are showing up on TV shows?

3. Worst part of my day is trying to drag my tired ass out of bed every morning.
QueenBee Wrote:y'all is singular. Y'alls is plural.

Hey , Antagonist, how y'all doing today?
Regardless of how it's used, it's a contraction for a plural set of words (you all). Using it in a singular form IS ignorant. Smiley_emoticons_wink I've never heard it used as 'y'alls', but I guess times are changing.
'Ey! Don't make fun of the NY accent.

Isn't it funny coming from the Brits how our language is fucked up? These are people who call underpants Knickers, all vacuums are referred to as Hoovers, injections are "jabs", and a cup of coffee or tea is not a 'cuppa'.

Tea time for many is now referencing dinner and not tea except for the 'higher classes' or more traditional English folks.

Arse is not ASS. It is some demented way of softening up the word so it does not look like a cuss of any sort and the same goes for bullocks and bloody.
The Antagonist Wrote:'Ey! Don't make fun of the NY accent.

Isn't it funny coming from the Brits how our language is fucked up? These are people who call underpants Knickers, all vacuums are referred to as Hoovers, injections are "jabs", and a cup of coffee or tea is not a 'cuppa'.

Tea time for many is now referencing dinner and not tea except for the 'higher classes' or more traditional English folks.

Arse is not ASS. It is some demented way of softening up the word so it does not look like a cuss of any sort and the same goes for bullocks and bloody.
lol even the French use contractions Smiley_emoticons_wink

'Bloody' is actually a pretty nasty curse word though... it refers to a woman's menstrual cycle. You would think Americans would have a curse word for that as well, considering that we do for pretty much everything else.