Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name 5 bands...
Name 5 bands whose songs should NEVER, ever be freely interpreted when another band covers them.

ONE exception to the rule: tuning down and making the sound "fatter" is acceptable as long as it's still played note for note.

My list (in no particular order):
  • The Who
  • Queen
  • Bowie
  • The Ramones
  • Nine Inch Nails
n/m im a dumb fuck
NKOTB
Poison
Warrant
Stryper
Spice Girls

hehehe I just wanted to post something
1. Daddys purple finger

2. White scream dexter

3. AC/DC

4. Zappa

5. Steely Dan
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Pink Floyd

Metallica Yeah, really.

So I only have 2, so shoot me.
That's hard to say... who would've thought that Johnny Cash could take a Depeche Mode song and make it his own? I like quirky interpretations sometimes.
[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Quote:Nine Inch Nails

::lmao:: Trent Reznor has always openly invited and encouraged people to remix his tracks however they see fit to interpret and even goes as far as
to hold contest to do just that.

AC/DC
Scorpions
Nirvana
The Sex Pistols
36crazyfists
[Image: borndragon.gif]
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:That's hard to say... who would've thought that Johnny Cash could take a Depeche Mode song and make it his own? I like quirky interpretations sometimes.
I think Alien Ant Farm does a better version of Smooth criminal than Michael Jackson.
Clearly ABBA needs to be on that list. Meryl Streep sings "Dancing Queen"? Are you freak'in kidding me?

No one, including the Fine Young Cannibals should sing Elvis (although "Suspicious Minds" had a pretty decent dance beat going for it).

It's criminal for anyone to attempt anything by the Allman Brothers (They own "Jessica" and "Ramblin Man".)

I'd mention Carlie Minogue's turning Grand Funk Railroad's "Locomotion" into a #1 hit in the 80's is bogus but really, GFR stole it from Little Eva who had a number one hit with it in the 60's.

I also recently heard a remake of Marmalade's "Reflection of My Life" and about drove off the road. How dare they (DJ never did announce the 'band').
Borndragon Wrote:[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Quote:Nine Inch Nails

::lmao:: Trent Reznor has always openly invited and encouraged people to remix his tracks however they see fit to interpret and even goes as far as
to hold contest to do just that.

You are a retard. I did not say what band thinks their songs should not ...... but what YOU think should not.

Thank you for the lesson on the OBVIOUS. As if I need a lesson in music and musicians from you.
Sinister Wrote:Pink Floyd

Metallica Yeah, really.

So I only have 2, so shoot me.

Pink Floyd was on my 'long list' but since I said 5 I stuck to my own rule. ::bigg::

Jeez DPD.... warrant? Stryper? I truly hope your kidding. :Blush:
[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Quote: As if......

It's funny as hell watching you curtsey as you backpedal.

Borndragon ~ Does it live up to its name?
I actually Like punk/ska remakes of songs....
The Velvet underground.
The Smiths
Joy Division
The Doors
The Clash
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
CCWR
Janis Joplin
Three Dog Night
Weezer
Phish
Borndragon Wrote:[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] wrote:
Quote: As if......
It's funny as hell watching you curtsey as you backpedal.

Borndragon ~ Does it really know what's going on?

Curtsey and backpedal? About what? I took nothing back nor explained MYSELF to you or anyone regarding how stupid you are giving music lessons on what Trent Reznor wants for his music.

Just because he wants it does not mean those who change and interpret it make it BETTER. Most times it's worse with one exception so far, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

Now go think of another useless and non-clever signature because you think it hurts our itty bitty feewings.
The Antagonist Wrote:Jeez DPD.... warrant? Stryper? I truly hope your kidding. :Blush:
the others were ok though, right :p
OnBendedKnee Wrote:I'd mention Carlie Minogue's turning Grand Funk Railroad's "Locomotion" into a #1 hit in the 80's is bogus but really, GFR stole it from Little Eva who had a number one hit with it in the 60's.
Kylie Minogue
[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] Shat:
Quote:Just because he wants it does not mean those who change and interpret it make it BETTER. Most times it's worse with one exception so far, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

Play this really loud, if the short bus driver will let you, and eat crow. I'm sure you have the recipe memorized by now, lippshitz the narrow minded fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elbsomblod4

There's also some very good tracks on The Limitless Potential:

The Limitless Potential
Lithium Dawn
Everything is Zero

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ic9HjeElj_M&hl=en&fs=1

Quote:Now go think of another useless and non-clever signature because you think it hurts our itty bitty feewings.

It's easy to see that you are a living example of your siggy, you crusty, shallow brained, snippet of an ass hair.

Borndragon ~ The opposition sucks.
Borndragon Wrote:[user=20]The Antagonist[/user] Shat:
Quote:Just because he wants it does not mean those who change and interpret it make it BETTER. Most times it's worse with one exception so far, Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

Play this really loud, if the short bus driver will let you, and eat crow. I'm sure you have the recipe memorized by now, lippshitz the narrow minded fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elbsomblod4

There's also some very good tracks on The Limitless Potential:

The Limitless Potential
Lithium Dawn
Everything is Zero

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ic9HjeElj_M&hl=en&fs=1

Quote:Now go think of another useless and non-clever signature because you think it hurts our itty bitty feewings.

It's easy to see that you are a living example of your siggy, you crusty, shallow brained, snippet of an ass hair.

Borndragon ~ Never quite "getting it".
Apparently your reading comprehension skills are near zero.

This topic isn't supposed to be an argument on what band SHOULD be torn apart by some new found hack band but a subjective topic on what YOU think what bands should not be fiddled with. Didn't I explain this already?

Again, moron - you just don't get it.

I live with a musician. Please spare me your retarded insight into the music business and music in general.

Your arguments mean nothing. NO ONE cares that you think NIN should be torn apart instead of staying pristine. They don't care because they all understand the premise of this topic where you think you're being clever arguing with me.

Now go shit in a hat and punch it.