FLY HIGH
Where is the first place you went in an airplane?

My family went to Greece, but I have no memory of it, I was too little.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Colorado, and the engine sounded like it stalled once we were up in the air and then it cranked back on and off several times. I don't know if the engine in fact stalled, but by the way that everyone looked on the plane it made me think whatever just happened wasn't normal. And apparently it wasn't because I've been on dozens of other flights since then and that has never happened.
My first and only flight: NYC to Baltimore Maryland. 45 minute flight.
My first ever flight was to Jamaica WI. I was terrified to fly, but I was going there to meet my girlfriend who went there on vacation. 

I had a flask of 100 proof vodka in my inside pocket of my jacket. After sitting at the bar in the airport 
with 5 shots lined up on the bar, I waited for them to announce last call for flight 22221, I gulped down 
all 5 shots and went to my gate staggered on to the plane and stumbled into my seat. 
I never remember taking off. Half way through the Trip I woke up, and every time the plane hit turbulence, I took a sip from a straw I had in my flask. I was smashed all trip long. 
After that trip I gave up flying for many years. Today, I’m ok flying. I’m flying tomorrow.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Bon Voyage, break a wing!
I once flew from Philly to Florida and it took me longer to get to the airport than my flight lasted. Same goes for flying out of Syracuse to get back here.
(10-06-2022, 09:05 AM)Duchess Wrote: Where is the first place you went in an airplane?

My family went to Greece, but I have no memory of it, I was too little.

Thats cool. Have you ever been back?

I left from Germany to America on my first flight.

military?
yep

(10-06-2022, 10:04 PM)MirahM Wrote: Thats cool. Have you ever been back?

I left from Germany to America on my first flight.

No, I've never been back and I have no memory of it, it's like I never went to begin with and now I don't like to fly. It's nuts and I don't like it. I used to fly to see my parents & other family, now I'd rather drive a 1000 miles. Nuts!
Would you get on a boat? Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard. we're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.
The love boat soon will be making another run
The love boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.
Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
(10-06-2022, 09:05 AM)Duchess Wrote: Where is the first place you went in an airplane?

Florida , from Boston.   My first time outa New England wea a trip to Disney when I was 11.  I got my period the day we flew down,  and puked for the entire 3 hour flight.  My uncle thought it was motion sickness,  and drugged me out for the flight home.   

You could still smoke cigarettes on a plane back then,  and I remember the little ashtrays that were in the arm rests. Circa 1983?
I remember ashtrays like that in cars. The last couple cars I bought didn't even have ashtrays in them.
(10-11-2022, 12:18 PM)Duchess Wrote: I remember ashtrays like that in cars. The last couple cars I bought didn't even have ashtrays in them.

Like those little flip out ashtrays on springs  hah
Or cigarette lighters.