Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANTISEMITISM
As with many things in life, I don't understand antisemitism. How do you look at a Jew and say they aren't as deserving as one who isn't Jewish? How do you discriminate someone who worships differently than you? Why would anyone even care how someone else worships? The God I grew up learning about views everyone equally. Someone once told me that God doesn't play favorites.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Is this about Kanye?
(10-24-2022, 07:13 AM)Duchess Wrote: As with many things in life, I don't understand antisemitism. How do you look at a Jew and say they aren't as deserving as one who isn't Jewish? How do you discriminate someone who worships differently than you? Why would anyone even care how someone else worships? The God I grew up learning about views everyone equally. Someone once told me that God doesn't play favorites.

The god I grew up with told me that I was a child of the devil for being left handed.  

Every religion has hate and favoritism, even the Jews. 

Antisemitism started because a jew pissed a non jew off.   Racism started because some white dude, thought people with darker skin were beneath them. 

Religion sux.  Believing in a higher power is fine, but when your higher power tells you to hate someone because they are different than you,  and you do it,  you suck, too.  (not you,  as in Duchess,  but you in general)
The Jewish term for others is cattle.
(10-24-2022, 07:41 AM)BigMark Wrote: Is this about Kanye?

No. He's a clown and I don't take him seriously.
(10-24-2022, 08:18 AM)cannongal Wrote: The god I grew up with told me that I was a child of the devil for being left handed.  

That's just awful, CG. 

God is love.   Dramaqueen
(10-24-2022, 09:35 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:18 AM)cannongal Wrote: The god I grew up with told me that I was a child of the devil for being left handed.  

God is love.   Dramaqueen

Yeah,   I was told that at the same time they taped up my left hand and hit me with a ruler.  This was in a catholic school  hah
(10-24-2022, 07:13 AM)Duchess Wrote: As with many things in life, I don't understand antisemitism. How do you look at a Jew and say they aren't as deserving as one who isn't Jewish? How do you discriminate someone who worships differently than you? Why would anyone even care how someone else worships? The God I grew up learning about views everyone equally. Someone once told me that God doesn't play favorites.

You've got it backwards. It's "how does a Jew look at a goy as being less than a Jew?". The god of the Jews does play favorites, hence Jews being the "chosen people".
Yeah, you should ask the Jews that question. In Isreal they even have segregation by license plates because according to them that's their promised land.
(10-24-2022, 10:42 AM)sally Wrote:  In Isreal they even have segregation by license plates because according to them that's their promised land.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch  I did not know that! 

That's a very bad look. Racist!

I'm kinda regretting this thread now that I see I don't know what I'm talking about.
(10-24-2022, 10:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 10:42 AM)sally Wrote:  In Isreal they even have segregation by license plates because according to them that's their promised land.

I'm kinda regretting this thread now that I see I don't know what I'm talking about.

Big difference between American and Israeli Jews.
(10-24-2022, 11:08 AM)Rootilda2 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 10:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Big difference between American and Israeli Jews.

Some American Jews are more rabidly Zionist than the Israeli Jews tend to be, Alan Dershowitz being a good example.
(10-24-2022, 11:08 AM)Rootilda2 Wrote: Big difference between American and Israeli Jews.

I've never really paid attention to it other than when I see them being disparaged and I think how wrong it is to judge someone by their religion. I can't relate to those who are bothered by those who worship differently than they do. I just don't care who people worship or even if they do. It's irrelevant in how I view someone. Live & let live.
I judge people based on their religious beliefs, it makes me question their mental state.
Bless up sista!
You see what I mean ^.
(10-24-2022, 01:41 PM)sally Wrote: I judge people based on their religious beliefs, it makes me question their mental state.

No offense Sally, but I completely agree with you.
(10-24-2022, 01:41 PM)sally Wrote: I judge people based on their religious beliefs, it makes me question their mental state.

I'm not talking about religious extremists. I'm referring to people like someone's gramma who goes to Mass every week, or families who sit through a service every Sunday, not fire & brimstone bullshit or those who murder in the name of God.
You know what's weird... (boring story alert)

My mom has always told me how my dad's family was Jewish, she even took me to a synagogue once and we spent some time with the rabbi.

My father died when I was two and we had zero contact with his side of the family. And when I say zero contact, it never even occurred to me that I had first cousins from several of his sisters of whom I was also unaware.

So, I found a first cousin on one of the DNA sites. She's an elderly lady of 81 but she's still very sharp. I told her how surprised I was that we had never met since she and her family also lived in San Diego when I was a child. I guess that was my mother's doing. In any case, in one of her long emails, she mentioned having a pork pie. I thought that was curious so I asked her about being Jewish and... she didn't know a thing about it. Which you'd think she would have considering it sounds like it was a tight knit family.

What the fuck. My mother even gave me a Star of David necklace even though we were Catholic. Good thing I think organized religion is a load of horseshit or I'd be kind of annoyed that I was deceived my entire life.
How wierd.

I don't understand anti-semitism either. I never understood why it was greater than anyone else's hatred of any other people.