WHOSE FAULT IS IT?
The Associated Press is reporting that young kids, especially toddlers, who accidentally ate pot laced treats rose sharply over 5 years as pot became legal in more places.

In your opinion, is this a weed issue or a parenting issue?

The word accidentally is giving me fits.  78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-03-2023, 09:51 AM)Duchess Wrote: The Associated Press is reporting that young kids, especially toddlers, who accidentally ate pot laced treats rose sharply over 5 years as pot became legal in more places.

It's a parenting issue. Leaving pot treats in reach of children. It's those same parents that leave a loaded gun unsecured.
No ands, ifs, or buts, it’s a parenting issue!
Some parents, were just not meant to be parents and shouldn’t be parents. 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I think it's 75% parent and 25% people.    And by 25% people,  I mean,  I've seen a lot of edibles at festivals,  that are packaged to look like candy bars  bright shiny wrappers with names like Mr. Potbar.  Some police department,  just south of boston, busted a black market pot ring.  The pictures they posted had like nerds, gummies and chocolate,  all packaged to look like regular candy bars.    I'll have to see if I can find the story.
This article is from Salem, MA, which is north of Boston,  but it gives you an idea of what I mean:

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2022/1...ecirc_well.
I feel like the bottom line is that it's the parents responsibility to keep their children safe when they are so little. They put locks on their cabinets, they cover outlets, they keep medicine out of reach, cleaning products aren't accessible, etc.
(01-03-2023, 09:51 AM)Duchess Wrote: The Associated Press is reporting that young kids, especially toddlers, who accidentally ate pot laced treats rose sharply over 5 years as pot became legal in more places.

(01-03-2023, 01:07 PM)Duchess Wrote: I feel like the bottom line is that it's the parents responsibility to keep their children safe when they are so little. They put locks on their cabinets, they cover outlets, they keep medicine out of reach, cleaning products aren't accessible, etc.

From the article It seems apparent that many parents did not put locks on their cabinets etc ., and if they were responsible parents they would have put the pot in whatever form in a place that their kids could never get  at it! 
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Maybe they should use mr yuck stickers.

Parents are suing a Vancouver zoo because their toddler reached through an unguarded chainlink fence at a black bear exhibit and the bear/s mauled her arm.

The story doesn't say how the kid got to that unguarded area and the parents think the zoo failed to provide adequate warning of dangerous conditions. 

Generally speaking, are y'all aware that zoos are filled with wild animals?
(01-05-2023, 11:22 AM)Duchess Wrote: Generally speaking, are y'all aware that zoos are filled with wild animals?

I thought they removed all the wild animals after Harambe was killed.    I used to have my youngest on a harness and leash, little fucker would run everywhere and climb anything.   Complete strangers used to tell me that it was cruel and inhuman to keep him on a leash,  but I knew where he was and he didn't get mauled.
Yeah, but putting his bowl on the floor was just plain mean.
Nah, making him piss and shit outside in the winter was mean.  Don't eat the yellow snow!
(01-05-2023, 11:38 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 11:22 AM)Duchess Wrote: Generally speaking, are y'all aware that zoos are filled with wild animals?

I thought they removed all the wild animals after Harambe was killed.    I used to have my youngest on a harness and leash, little fucker would run everywhere and climb anything.   Complete strangers used to tell me that it was cruel and inhuman to keep him on a leash,  but I knew where he was and he didn't get mauled.

My daughter had one of those leashes with a sloth backpack attached to it. She loved wearing that stupid thing and it's pretty handy when they want to walk around on their own and not be in a stroller. There is nothing cruel about it, they don't give a shit at that age.
I have more sympathy for Harambe than for George Floyd.
I was on a leash as a kid. That means my parents cared about me and didn't want me runing into the streets or getting stolen by a stranger. People take up issue with it, but I think it is smart.

When I worked in an italian restaurant there was a kid who had a peanut reaction and the parents read me the riot act. We served nothing with peanuts at that place. The kid probably ate something from the bottom of the floor of the car or something he found in the parking lot. Who the fuck knows, but they sure wanted me to feel bad about it and I did. It sucked.

It’s not only toddlers with pot.
I know a fam (usually considered successful and responsible) that mom and dad made pot brownies and “hid” them in the freezer. The early-teen daughter got home from school before they got home from work one day.

She found and ate them and then got scared by how feeling and called ambulance and police came for parents.

Oopsie.
Drongo parents.
There is a headline today about some schools sueing social media......because it is harming children's mental health? Has anyone seen this?
I only heard it on the radio-I am using this as a reminder so that I can go look up the details. All I can say is FFS-aren't parents responsible for monitoring thier kids?

(01-09-2023, 09:18 PM)MirahM Wrote: There is a headline today about some schools sueing social media......because it is harming children's mental health? Has anyone seen this?
I only heard it on the radio-I am using this as a reminder so that I can go look up the details. All I can say is FFS-aren't parents responsible for monitoring thier kids?

I just saw npr article on this.
I think it’s 4 Seattle schools that filed the suit. Like a 91-page complaint.

Essentially says
-social media companies ( like TikTok, FB, YT, IG…) are exploiting kids for profit and 
-not doing enough to prevent exposure to harmful content for kids, and
- schools don’t have enough money/resources to support the ever-expanding mental health needs of its students caused by SM

NPR mentions tough legal road ahead due to law called Section 230 which protects SM companies from liability of what others post
However Supreme Court has cases they will be hearing in next month which could limit Section 230 protection for these companies.

Interesting.
Social media is ruining everyone's mental health, I don't look at it. If I'm bored, want to procrastinate or argue with people, this forum is good enough.