WHOSE BIZ IS IT?
Is it a school's business to know when a student's period is? 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-08-2023, 06:18 AM)Duchess Wrote: Is it a school's business to know when a student's period is? 

It's the school nurse's biz. And it probably means the student is failing Sex Ed.
There was an uproar a few towns over from me, a few weeks ago. 

It concerned an anonymous health survey, that had  been given to 7th graders,  which included 3 pages of questions about sex.  It's not a new survey,  it's been given every year for at least 10 years, and students/parents  could opt out of it.   I think this is the first time a parent had actually read the paperwork sent home about the survey,  he decided to jump on Facebook and post pictures of the survey,  and try to rile up other parents,  stating the survey was intrusive and that sex is something to be discussed between the parent and child,  not the school and child.

The school responded,  stating that they used the survey to help determine the requirements for sex ed and health classes. 

Back to the original question:  Florida is currently debating on whether to make 4 optional questions on health athletic forms, mandatory,  to be more inline with the mandatory questions that the national athletic associations form.  ( if you're a female,  and represent the nation, you are required to answer questions about your period).  It's because sports, especially extreme sports,  puts extra wear and tear on the body,  and the athletic association wants to make sure the body is still functioning normally. 

In Florida's case,  it was stated that whatever forms filled out for the athletic department will stay within the school.   

For whatever reason,  certain people are using Florida's debate about those 4 questions,  as a way to put fear into people.   As in 'oh gawd, the schools want to control our bodies now!'  When instead,  it should be 'hey look, we want to make sure your body is safe!'  

This whole abortion bullshit is making females scared to talk to their doctors about anything.   You know what's scarier than abortion bans?  The fact that so many more women are going to die from some sort of uterine cancer,  because they are too dmn scared to talk to their doctors and tell them the truth about their menstrual cycles.
(02-08-2023, 06:18 AM)Duchess Wrote: Is it a school's business to know when a student's period is? 

If they expected me to show up for class, I needed to know what room and period.

I always thought they knew everything about me and my periods . . . and then chronicled all of it, in my "Permanent Record".
Bloody hell!
(02-08-2023, 07:31 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:

It's the school nurse's biz. And it probably means the student is failing Sex Ed.

Do you know anything?

(02-08-2023, 06:47 PM)MirahM Wrote:

Do you know anything?
I know now that's not ketchup on the kitchen chair and my mom had a heavy flow.

Tampons are also good for nosebleeds.
(02-08-2023, 11:38 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Do you know anything?

And that failing sex ed or excelling in sex ed has nothing to do with a period?????!!!!!!

Also, it is not the school nurse's biz or anyone's biz.

Also if you are a woman/teen who has a difficult period, most likely whatever teacher or boss or school nurse you have will have never had a cramp in her entire life and so will not believe you when you are in extreme pain. Betcha didn't know that.

Back in the day, English teachers were the authority on period protocol . . . colon and semi-colon problems, too.

The pain caused from menstruation and IBD is devastating and debilitating!

English teachers, with their tools and skills, save more people than firefighters.

Commas save lives!
(02-09-2023, 01:29 AM)MirahM Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 11:38 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Do you know anything?

And that failing sex ed or excelling in sex ed has nothing to do with a period?????!!!!!!

Also, it is not the school nurse's biz or anyone's biz.

Also if you are a woman/teen who has a difficult period, most likely whatever teacher or boss or school nurse you have will have never had a cramp in her entire life and so will not believe you when you are in extreme pain. Betcha didn't know that.

Well.........I......you're right.....I'll stick to stuff I do know know about....my boner, my biz.
Boner.   17
(02-09-2023, 01:47 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Back in the day, English teachers were the authority on period protocol . . . colon and semi-colon problems, too.

The pain caused from menstruation and IBD is devastating and debilitating!

English teachers, with their tools and skills, save more people than firefighters.

Commas save lives!

You may need a semi-colonic irrigation to flush out the bad puns.
(02-09-2023, 03:13 PM)rothschild Wrote: You may need a semi-colonic irrigation to flush out the bad puns.

Geez!  What's got your bowels all knotted-up?

You're acting like an old disagreeable Khron!
His posts are always inflammatory.
Mr. Crabby Pants. GET OFF MY GRASS!
He's probably just carrying a lot of shit in his baggage.
"You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemas."  - Oscar Wilde

"I ask you to judge me by the enemas I have made."  - FDR

"Ooooo, yes, Chris!  But this time with the garden hose! "  - Piggy
"The girl with Colitis goes by."  - The Beatles
hah
(02-09-2023, 06:26 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: "I ask you to judge me by the enemas I have made."  - FDR

" Do I not destroy my enemas when I make them my friends?"  - Abraham Lincoln