Nice day for a drive
Ahhh this link probably won't work

https://imgur.com/a/8VVmoGm

Oh! That is glorious! I love the look of the snow on the branches. Flocked! Love it! My Christmas tree is flocked.  hah

[Image: ixGHPm5.jpeg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's always a nice day for something or other. Fishing, walking, boating, driving, making soup, white weddings... meh.
Lol.
Well the last 2 days weren't good driving over the pass days.
Thanks for posting the pic Duchess!

It looks like Christmas. Oh joy!
It is funny when people say that it looks like Christmas, to me it is just winter.

I have some more pictures from a drive I took today.

So...I am either really really smart or really dumb.

I was going to see a friend's art installation and I let the gps tell me the route to take w/out checking it. Next thing I know....I'm driving down a dirt road.

So have you heard of those people that have got stuck in the winter on dirt roads because "they were blindly following thier GPS?"
Well that was almost me today.

I was delighted to be on this road since I could take some good shots of the wind turbines, but once the road narrowed, and followed a cliff (sort of) and I couldn't see any more turn around spots, I stopped, got out of my car and walked to see if I could see another turn around spot. I could not so I got back in my car and drove back to the pavement.

Beautiful view of some river that I don't know the name of

[Image: TsVoDLd.jpg]

[Image: z7CgWqB.jpg]

I kept driving like a dumbass! But eventually stopped and turned around. The views were worth it!

[Image: BsqmZ9g.jpg]

[Image: T5Kun6s.jpg]

This is where I got out and walked. AND I LEFT MY PURSE IN THE CAR. But had my phone, which was dying. OMG I couldn't have been setting myself up any more if I tried.

[Image: cz3fuzg.jpg]

[Image: amyGs88.jpg]

I'm wide awake . . . can't sleep and am pondering driving up to Flagstaff to see the snow on the San Francisco Peaks and have breakfast at my old and favorite truck stop cafe.

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to wear the Sorels, one last time.

Ribs are preventing me from skinny or fat skiing.

Fuck!  Now I'm thinking about biscuits and gravy.

I miss the mountains and the forest.
Do it!
What happened to your ribs?

That wind turbine looks like it is leaning, love the river pic.
(02-26-2023, 03:57 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Sorels

Did you find you had to buy a size bigger than what you normally wear?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-26-2023, 03:57 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I'm wide awake . . . can't sleep and am pondering driving up to Flagstaff…

I had some of the best juevos rancheros of my life in flagstaff…

And you can shove biscuits and gravy. Normal people don’t like undercooked scones and dishwater sauce
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(02-26-2023, 04:11 AM)MirahM Wrote: What happened to your ribs?

Unintentional collision by a very large, friendly dog causing me to trip and somehow spearing my ribs with my elbow.  Result:  3 broken ribs.

(02-26-2023, 08:27 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 03:57 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Sorels

Did you find you had to buy a size bigger than what you normally wear?

Nope.  Never had to and have been buying them (in various styles and temp ratings) since the early 80's.  And "NO" . . . I've never owned a pair of Uggs.

(02-26-2023, 08:41 AM)crash Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 03:57 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: I'm wide awake . . . can't sleep and am pondering driving up to Flagstaff…

I had some of the best juevos rancheros of my life in flagstaff…

And you can shove biscuits and gravy. Normal people don’t like undercooked scones and dishwater sauce

There are two places I go for HUEVOS rancheros in Flag . . . one is a Mexican Joint on Route 66 and the other is in a downtown restaurant, located in a historical hotel.

An American scratch biscuit is a delight to consume.  Comparing this layered delight to a scone is akin to comparing Boris Johnson to Boris Karloff  . . . or a New York City Jew comparing grits to cream of wheat.  It is a humble, but sublime, flakey layered baked good worthy of praise.  

Topped with a thick and creamy gravy, loaded with sausage . . . it is a gastronomical white trash, masterpiece of an offering.  Especially when splashed with Tabasco.

I suggest Mary's on Highway 89, for a proper introduction to this beloved workingman's staple.  Or Mike and Rhonda's . . . if you want to blend with the loud-mouthed tourists.
(02-26-2023, 03:57 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Fuck!  Now I'm thinking about biscuits and gravy.

Mmmmmm....... 70

Biscuits and gravy and a Bloody Mary, breakfast of the gods.
i fucking hate tabasco
(02-26-2023, 01:36 PM)BigMark Wrote: i fucking hate tabasco

Fine.  Apply freshly ground black pepper . . . or order something else.