Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOKE? WOKENESS?
I know we've talked about this many times, but I did a quick search and didn't find a thread dedicated to it. If we have one, point it out to me and I'll put this comment there rather than starting a new thread. Thanks!

Anyway, I just saw a journalist call out other journalists for not delving to the bottom of that expression when doing interviews. She said that the term "woke means black people, or more likely, a racist slur". I've seen that term used many, MANY times and I never once thought it means black people nor I have ever thought of it as a racist slur. Do you? Am I missing something?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think they are missing something.

(02-16-2023, 09:55 AM)Duchess Wrote: Anyway, I just saw a journalist call out other journalists for not delving to the bottom of that expression when doing interviews. She said that the term "woke means black people, or more likely, a racist slur". 

Bitch, please!

A journalist ?  

You mean a . . . "non-black" took offense to something said or done by a conservative (appropriating or criticizing some event or speech . . .  expressly for members or a group who claim marginalization) AND the offensive conservative used the word " woke ".

In other words . . . a conservative (color is of no matter) hating "virtue signaler" needed attention and used the old trope of racism to fan the flames.

So, Duchess . . . wanna reveal the details of the "virtue signaling" journalist ?
It was Soledad O'Brien. Is that the kind of detail you were looking for, Tiki? I saw her make that comment and that was the extent of it.
I'm so fucking woke my eyes are open when I sleep.
(02-16-2023, 11:59 AM)Duchess Wrote: It was Soledad O'Brien. Is that the kind of detail you were looking for, Tiki? I saw her make that comment and that was the extent of it.

Thanks.  Wouldn't have guessed it was her.  I thought it was probably someone commenting about Kari Lake not standing for our "new" national anthem or about  Nikki Haley criticizing "woke-ness".

O'Brien ain't a journalist and she ain't black . . . I'm gonna bet I'm not too far off . . . for the reasons I stated, too.

It's fucking predictable.
I think woke means that a bunch of retarded white people feel good about themselves for making something out of nothing while perpetuating racism and inequality even more.
Omg Sally! YOU are sooooo woke just for saying that!!!!! Bravo!!!!

Woke™ is an industry run by corporate marxists that have subsumed all of the grassroots movements into the globalist ecosystem, so that liberals perceive the globalist agenda as progressive. If you're not sure what that agenda is go on the UN website and read up on their goals for sustainable development. Maybe then you'll have some questions about what it really is you're supporting.
Oh no! Education! Sustainability! Responsible tourism! Equality! How dare they!

Right on Sally, black lives matter has spoken about tyre Nicholls being murdered by black policemen. They say the Police are a white organisation, therefore white people murdered Nicholls.

Now thats serious racism.
The sherrifs where I grew up would give you a mahogany shampoo just for looking stupid.
(02-17-2023, 07:42 AM)MirahM Wrote: Oh no! Education! Sustainability! Responsible tourism! Equality! How dare they!

It sounds great. Lots of nice, warm and fuzzy buzzwords. Go on the UN website and see what it actually entails and you may not feel so warm and fuzzy.

https://sdgs.un.org/goals

17 broad goals with a brief overview, followed by a link to a detailed report. Here's the full report for goal 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), Climate Change 2022. It's almost 2000 pages long.

https://sdgs.un.org/sites/default/files/...Report.pdf

How many global leaders do you think will actually read all of the 17 reports in their entirety before deciding whether to adopt these policies?

If your answer is none of them you're correct. The only people who actually know what these policies will mean for "stakeholders" are the people who drafted them.

Buzzwords appeal to emotions, which is defined as a logical fallacy. It's propaganda. They know no one is going to read these reports aside from some independent public interest groups, which will be discredited as propagators of disinformation. So once again, informed consent is abrogated. All we have to go on are nice sounding buzzwords that say nothing as far as what these policies will actually entail, which is completely antithetical to the concept of democracy.
Uhhh . . . I read them.  "Read" . . . as in performed reading . . . past tense.
Are you feeling warm and fuzzy?
Duchess check out Sarah Silverman's video on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovU7NtuE...mMyMTA2M2Y=

(02-18-2023, 01:44 PM)MirahM Wrote: Duchess check out Sarah Silverman's video on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovU7NtuE...mMyMTA2M2Y=

To wit, Toooowat. Ahahahaha! 

I agree with every word.
Oh look, a vulgar Jewess preaching to the choir. Yenta knows best.
Did I ever mention that I hate annoying Jews? Well she's right up there with Howard Stern.
Yes, many times.  hah