Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Inauguration
How many of you folks watched it today?

Obama did a great job with his speech.

He may not be the 'savior' of our nation, but for the first time in at least 8 years, when I look upon our President, I am not embarrassed that the man who represents our country is a shifty-eyed puppet of corporate america. Of course in the end, Obama may not be any better, but he's off to a good start. At least, for the first time in at least 8 years, I have a little hope.

Some highlights from the speech:

"Less measurable but no less profound is a sapping of confidence across our land
SyberBitch Wrote:How many of you folks watched it today?

Obama did a great job with his speech.

He may not be the 'savior' of our nation, but for the first time in at least 8 years, when I look upon our President, I am not embarrassed that the man who represents our country is a shifty-eyed puppet of corporate america. Of course in the end, Obama may not be any better, but he's off to a good start. At least, for the first time in at least 8 years, I have a little hope.

I agree. It's refreshing not to be embarrassed by who is representing us and how stupid they sound. That born-again Christian fuck-up is finally done embarrassing us.
86 112
He's "off to a good start"??!?! ::blink::

He's been President for what.....6 hours? What the fuck has he done that gives the impression of a "good start"?
ummm lol from that point of view well he didn't get shoes thrown at him????
ihatefucktards Wrote:ummm lol from that point of view well he didn't get shoes thrown at him????
Ever hear of punctuation? ^^ This shit makes no sense. ^^
His speech made my eyes tear up a bit. I'm cautiously optimistic about this dude.
he spoke well today and looked good moving all over the city to all the different parties and events.

EVENTUALLY though all the talk from the campaign and endless speeches will have to stop and actual action will have to be taken. Only then will we know how he does as a President
Sinister Wrote:He's "off to a good start"??!?! ::blink::

He's been President for what.....6 hours? What the fuck has he done that gives the impression of a "good start"?
Closed the Abu Ghraib prison for one... (supposedly)

Edit: Correction - *closing* (it's supposed to be one of his first executive orders... I guess we'll see if that happens or not)
SyberBitch Wrote:

Edit: Correction - *closing* (it's supposed to be one of his first executive orders... I guess we'll see if that happens or not)
I forgot; you're a liberal. ::bvomit::::nuts::
Sinister Wrote:
SyberBitch Wrote:

I forgot; you're a liberal. ::bvomit::::nuts::
::bigg::
Just as a side note... I recall several years ago, while watching the show '24 Hours', I was saying to my husband "I bet this whole thing with the 'black president' is subtly preparing Americans for a future black candidate".

Now we have a dark skinned president for the first time in our country's history. It's probably just a coincidence, but it's a little creepy to me to think that mainstream media could influence such a large decision for our country. Not that I care what color his skin is, but it's a fact that a lot of people do still care, so I'm still a bit surprised that he even got in.
I wish the population in the UK did more than pay lip service in the Elections over here, on an average you would be lucky if 30% voted.

When the fuckers in Government do get elected all they see is £ signs in their greedy fucking eyes and start working out how much they can claim in expenses.

At least when you get a new President he is voted in, the fat lazy fucking Jock slob we have just walked into the job and said I am the right man for the job, what a tosser.
Jurassic Wrote:I wish the population in the UK did more than pay lip service in the Elections over here, on an average you would be lucky if 30% voted.

When the fuckers in Government do get elected all they see is £ signs in their greedy fucking eyes and start working out how much they can claim in expenses.

At least when you get a new President he is voted in, the fat lazy fucking Jock slob we have just walked into the job and said I am the right man for the job, what a tosser.
I have to say that the elections HERE aren't as wonderful as they should be, a person can have more 'popular votes' (the actual number of votes by person) than 'electorial votes' (the number of votes allotted by state) and still be elected. However, after seeing how close the popular vote was in this last election, I'm almost glad it is that way. It scares me that there are so many morons with voting power.
SyberBitch Wrote:Just as a side note... I recall several years ago, while watching the show '24 Hours', I was saying to my husband "I bet this whole thing with the 'black president' is subtly preparing Americans for a future black candidate".

Now we have a dark skinned president for the first time in our country's history. It's probably just a coincidence, but it's a little creepy to me to think that mainstream media could influence such a large decision for our country. Not that I care what color his skin is, but it's a fact that a lot of people do still care, so I'm still a bit surprised that he even got in.
Who was the first on-screen black president?

I know Morgan Freeman (who else!) played the president in the film Deep Impact.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.

Only 120 million was spent on the Inauguration.......as compared to Bush who spent a whopping 40 mil. I would say that they are off to a good start.::lmao::
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Sinister Wrote:
ihatefucktards Wrote:ummm lol from that point of view well he didn't get shoes thrown at him????
No! I was high. ::blink::
ihatefucktards Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:
That I can understand. ::lmao::
Sinister Wrote:
ihatefucktards Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:
That I can understand. ::lmao::
LOL made sense at the time and that is ALL that matters! lmao!
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?thear...1222444367
Momster Wrote:http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?thear...1222444367
the best source you could find was "Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper"???? Was the AP unavailable???