Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want the latest Biblical rant from 24?
Apparently, according to our "friends" at 24, Obama's new limo, which is heavily armored, has state of the art techno gizmos and armor is evil..according to the Bible. Why? Because the secret service has nicknamed it "The Beast". OK, fine. The new president has the latest in protection in his car, therefore that comfirms he is the antichrist. Or at least his car is.
No, the current reincarnation of "Knight Rider" on TV is suffering enough and is this generation's Anti-Christ.
Obama's new car pales in comparison.
QueenBee Wrote:Apparently, according to our "friends" at 24, Obama's new limo, which is heavily armored, has state of the art techno gizmos and armor is evil..according to the Bible. Why? Because the secret service has nicknamed it "The Beast". OK, fine. The new president has the latest in protection in his car, therefore that comfirms he is the antichrist. Or at least his car is.

This is the kind of shit all of us free thinkers have to put up with everyday at 24!

We have a high concentration of right wing, born again, closet facist lunatics over there.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
So then 24 is where the real torture is?
sally Wrote:So then 24 is where the real torture is?

Hell yes.

Its like tiptoeing around a hick barndance sometimes.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Once you go Mock, it's hard to go back to watching every fucking thing you say.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:Once you go Mock, it's hard to go back to watching every fucking thing you say.
Amen, and even in the short time I've been here, I've noticed it affecting my daily interactions with people, which is a scary thing. Smiley_emoticons_wink I find myself wanting to just go off on them when I'm faced with inane bullshit, and of course that is practically a daily occurrence.
SyberBitch Wrote:
Middle Finger Wrote:Once you go Mock, it's hard to go back to watching every fucking thing you say.
Amen, and even in the short time I've been here, I've noticed it affecting my daily interactions with people, which is a scary thing. Smiley_emoticons_wink I find myself wanting to just go off on them when I'm faced with inane bullshit, and of course that is practically a daily occurrence.

I found that it really spotlights and shows you how much you alter what you say, hold back, and makes you bullshit, beat around the bush, be indirect, etc. for the sake of others ... that you are starting to realize, mostly don't deserve it.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:
SyberBitch Wrote:

I found that it really spotlights and shows you how much you alter what you say, hold back, and makes you bullshit, beat around the bush, be indirect, etc. for the sake of others ... that you are starting to realize, mostly don't deserve it.
::lmao::

[Image: nail%201.jpg]
Some of them, it seems, we realize we DON'T need to 'hold back' quite as much as we were once doing... just yesterday I began to tire of my husband's regular bullshit (who I've been separated from for about 6 months now), and he ended up saying "Jeezus! What's gotten into you lately?"

Apparently I was being 'unusually' venomous. ::dlaugh::

Middle Finger Wrote:
SyberBitch Wrote:Amen, and even in the short time I've been here, I've noticed it affecting my daily interactions with people, which is a scary thing. Smiley_emoticons_wink I find myself wanting to just go off on them when I'm faced with inane bullshit, and of course that is practically a daily occurrence.
Thankfully, I haven't had this pesky "conscience" shit troubling me.
It does two other things (I am basically talking online, but apply off or on if you wish):

1) Grinds on you and annoys you in part, because, as your impatience for boring, stupid, petty, and annoying comments/behaviors dwindles ... your anger grows at the fact that you just can't tell that annoying mother fucker that you will be ignoring them from now on if they don't cut their bullshit out immediately. Or something like that. Another example of your growing internal turmoil and anger is not being able to point out the annoying shortcomings of others readily. You sort of feel like a frustrated victim.

2) It reveals to you how fake and phony almost everyone is. It's like discovering the fucking Matrix. The pressure is growing on you to expose it. You sort of take some comfort in realizing that if you stay on your current path, at some point, you will grow the new found balls to tell at least some of the people you can't stand exactly how you feel.

The above comments and posts are behind the "Mock therapy" component boasted by us on the homepage. ::dlaugh::
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:It does two other things (I am basically talking online, but apply off or on if you wish):

1) Grinds on you and annoys you in part, because, as your impatience for boring, stupid, petty, and annoying comments/behaviors dwindles ... your anger grows at the fact that you just can't tell that annoying mother fucker that you will be ignoring them from now on if they don't cut their bullshit out immediately. Or something like that. Another example of your growing internal turmoil and anger is not being able to point out the annoying shortcomings of others readily. You sort of feel like a frustrated victim.

2) It reveals to you how fake and phony almost everyone is. It's like discovering the fucking Matrix. The pressure is growing on you to expose it. You sort of take some comfort in realizing that if you stay on your current path, at some point, you will grow the new found balls to tell at least some of the people you can't stand exactly how you feel.

The above comments and posts are behind the "Mock therapy" component boasted by us on the homepage. ::dlaugh::
::bow::
Quote:[Image: nail%201.jpg]
\

On the internet , as in life, sometimes you are the hammer, and sometimes you are the nail. We just have to suck up and deal with it.
It's usually the people on the phone that wind up hearing things they were not prepared to hear, like those who fucked up a bank account or some dolt at the post office trying to explain how my bank works when they double charged me for some online postage I paid for and wanted to be refunded for.

I always wind up telling them to please be quiet and stop arguing with me and pay attention because they obviously do not understand simple sentences.

Most times they shut up out of shock someone does not take their shit. The post office lady wound up arguing with me for 20 minutes. I obliged the time because I thoroughly enjoyed telling her things she did NOT want to hear!

Wanna really have some fun on boring days? Take your phone number off the Do Not Call List. I did. [Image: spiteful.gif]
The Antagonist Wrote:It's usually the people on the phone that wind up hearing things they were not prepared to hear
Oh, I've pretty much always been a caustic bitch when it comes to dealing with people in the service industry who try to jerk me around, or telemarketers (though that is no longer an issue since I only use a cell phone and never answer 'unidentified' calls).

I've worked in 'customer service' type positions before, so I pretty much know what is expected of those people and nothing irks me more than when they start getting all uppity with me, acting like some kind of little phone Napoleon. I love playing games with them until they can't take it anymore, then move on the manager who ends up chewing their asses out for not doing the right thing to begin with. ::thumbs::
Ain't it fun though?

My favorite is the dipshit who calls during dinner trying to sell me something. 9 out of 10 fall for the ol', "Can you please hold on one second?" and I put the phone down right on the table and continue eating dinner for a few minutes. Would you believe they actually stay on hold listening to us eat?? Once I find them to be first degree stupid when I discover they're still holding on, I will pick up the conversation and let them speak a bit then ask them to hold again..... and the do!!!

Dopes. Do they really think I'm going to buy something?
The Antagonist Wrote:Ain't it fun though?

My favorite is the dipshit who calls during dinner trying to sell me something. 9 out of 10 fall for the ol', "Can you please hold on one second?" and I put the phone down right on the table and continue eating dinner for a few minutes. Would you believe they actually stay on hold listening to us eat?? Once I find them to be first degree stupid when I discover they're still holding on, I will pick up the conversation and let them speak a bit then ask them to hold again..... and the do!!!

Dopes. Do they really think I'm going to buy something?
My favorite, especially with the ones who deliberately jump in and start running off at the mouth with some long spiel to prevent you from getting a word in edgewise, is to wait until they are finished, usually something like "So, may I get your credit card number (or whatever) so we can get started?", and just pause, without saying anything until they say "Hello?" and then say "OH! I'm sorry, I was distracted. Could you repeat that please?" Then do it again. And again. As many times as they will comply. ::bigg:: Thus, running up their talk time and destroying their sales ratios. Survival of the fittest, I say.
I haven't been mean here, but I can tell you that in real life I've been less diplomatic with my words than usual.

I can always tell people what I'm thinking or feeling, but I always try and be diplomatic about it (well I think so anyway, apparently my coworkers think differently lol)
DPD Chick Wrote:I haven't been mean here, but I can tell you that in real life I've been less diplomatic with my words than usual.

I can always tell people what I'm thinking or feeling, but I always try and be diplomatic about it (well I think so anyway, apparently my coworkers think differently lol)
I start out being diplomatic. If that doesn't work though... ::batguy::