CURRANT EVENTS
...because Duchess was a dolt. Lay it on me, kids.

Got bad grammar? Got typos? Confess!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-12-2023, 07:00 AM)Duchess Wrote: ...because Duchess was a dolt. Lay it on me, kids.

Nope. I've elementary and junior high spelling bee trophies.
Currants are not very popular in the US so you're not likely to find any events going on. I have never eaten a fresh currant or seen them in the grocery stores. They do have a yearly Strawberry festival in Plant City, Florida though if you would be interested in that.
Hummph. We can't all be MENSA material.   Dramaqueen
Oopsie. I should have quoted Clang.
(05-12-2023, 09:45 AM)sally Wrote: They do have a yearly Strawberry festival in Plant City, Florida though if you would be interested in that.

Hey! I'm familiar with that and know people who went to it.
(05-12-2023, 07:00 AM)Duchess Wrote: ...because Duchess was a dolt. Lay it on me, kids.

Nope . . . I feel I am the "dolt".

What I thought was a deliberate use of a homonym . . . indicating another same "old and wrinkled" events "truth" . . . wasn't.

With her tens of thousands of posts, with her skill to generate responses, her enjoyable retorts, observations and clever style . . . I never, once, thought it as anything less than being deliberate.  

Even if I did . . . it took nothing away from the subject matter or member response generation . . . as her word choice obviously proved "fruitful" for both discussion and critique.

(05-12-2023, 09:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 09:45 AM)sally Wrote: They do have a yearly Strawberry festival in Plant City, Florida though if you would be interested in that.

Hey! I'm familiar with that and know people who went to it.

We went a few years ago. That's another thing about DeSantis and cracking down on the illegals, who the fuck does he think is going to grow the strawberries for our events.
(05-12-2023, 09:48 AM)Duchess Wrote: Hummph. We can't all be MENSA material.   Dramaqueen

Far from MENSA material. I'm closer to being a MENTAL hospital material. I was a C/D student in high school and college.
(05-12-2023, 07:39 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Nope. I've elementary and junior high spelling bee trophies.

I lost the 5th grade spelling bee to a little, fat fuck just like you. I don't even remember the word that lost me the championship, I just remember being so relieved to be off of that stage while the entire school booed me. How humiliating.
(05-12-2023, 09:45 AM)sally Wrote: I have never eaten a fresh currant or seen them in the grocery stores. 

Come to think of it . . . I don't believe I've ever eaten a fresh raisin . . . or seen them in the grocery stores, too.
(05-12-2023, 10:32 AM)sally Wrote: the entire school booed me. How humiliating.

I don't like that at all. How old are kids in 5th grade, 10 or so? Someone should have put a stop to that immediately!

Having said that, I don't think kid's should be getting participation trophies (I know that's not what this is!). I think kids NEED to learn how to lose.
(05-12-2023, 09:55 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: Nope . . . I feel I am the "dolt".

What I thought was a deliberate use of a homonym . . . indicating another same "old and wrinkled" events "truth" . . . wasn't.

With her tens of thousands of posts, with her skill to generate responses, her enjoyable retorts, observations and clever style . . . I never, once, thought it as anything less than being deliberate.  

Even if I did . . . it took nothing away from the subject matter or member response generation . . . as her word choice obviously proved "fruitful" for both discussion and critique.

hah  You're too kind.
(05-12-2023, 10:33 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 09:45 AM)sally Wrote: I have never eaten a fresh currant or seen them in the grocery stores. 

Come to think of it . . . I don't believe I've ever eaten a fresh raisin . . . or seen them in the grocery stores, too.

HaHa. Currants aren't dried grapes. If you haven't already done so, look them up because it's a fascinating read.
(05-12-2023, 10:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 10:32 AM)sally Wrote: the entire school booed me. How humiliating.

I don't like that at all. How old are kids in 5th grade, 10 or so? Someone should have put a stop to that immediately!

Having said that, I don't think kid's should be getting participation trophies (I know that's not what this is!). I think kids NEED to learn how to lose.

They were all yelling "you suck". Funny how none of their dumbasses made it up there.
Wait!  Raisins are dried grapes?

Ohhh  . . . the devilish trickery of Madison Avenue!
(05-12-2023, 10:50 AM)sally Wrote: They were all yelling "you suck". 

OMG! You're all little kids FFS!
Currants hold a special place in my heart because they taste great and are less filling. Compcoff
Have you ever eaten a fresh currant though, not those old, dried up things that look like Clang's testes.
(05-12-2023, 12:41 PM)sally Wrote: Have you ever eaten a fresh currant though, not those old, dried up things that look like Clang's testes.

I don't know what one looks like. Raisins are dried grapes, what are currants?