Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hollywood Hills.
I watched a documentary last night about the above, and all the musicians that lived there, the Byrds, The Doors, Crosby, Mitchell etc.   Even looking at old footage was magical, and the bohemian feel came over, that apart from the music it was about booze, drugs and bonking, lovely houses and warm weather.

All it is was a few blokes calling themselves singer songwriters messing about with instruments and making a fortune.     I mean, how hard can it be?   The Hill Street Blues theme was just three bars with the usual back filling, all music is the same, find a tune and away you go.

The recent Eurovision song contest was a musical wasteland, electric music is a disaster.   In the documentary there was a shot of electra records a massive building, a sign of extreme wealth.   What the fuck did they do in there everyday?, which reminds me, every time im in the USA im amazed by the huge office buildings, what on earth goes on in there.?

Ive often wondered what it would be like to be eighteen with a 65 year old mind, i would be a serious success in anything, id make a fortune, not in one thing, but in several.  One of them would be music.

Even now  , if i was free id  be tempted to go over there with a guitar or a piano, thats all you need, and make records.  Theres nothing to beat.   In football if things go wrong, coaches gop back to basics,  the same in music, re invent James Taylor, Carole King, Dire Straights, Joni Mitchell, The Beatles you name it.

Some of the Beatles songs are so three bar its amazing, and its better than anything since.

The problem is how would i present myself.  Presley wont work, Perry Como wont work.   Maybe something unique,  i could wear soak it up pants, with a rocking chair and huge hearing aid. 
And id still make millions.    Would you be a roadie Cling on?, you will get on stage pretending to play the guitar.   By the way, im 26 per cent Jerry, we might be related....HA.   Wow, the Hollywood hills, to be there........
By the way, why are you lot up so early?
Most Mockers work.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The Hollywoods Hills used to be a nightmare to drive, because your connection would fade in and out your navigation was lagging, things that look like alleys are streets and fucking assholes in Porsches are hauling ass down the hill around narrow corners, nerve racking. Still have a crush on a star I met...
Work? O dear. Tell us more Mark. Were you invited up there?