JUST CURIOUS
Does a person deserve to die for breaking into your car, or even if they just got into your vehicle because it was unlocked? This is all with the intention of stealing from you if they find something they consider to be of value.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
only the camaro.
(07-17-2023, 03:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: Does a person deserve to die for breaking into your car, or even if they just got into your vehicle because it was unlocked? This is all with the intention of stealing from you if they find something they consider to be of value.

Does one have the right to break into someone's car or take something, belonging to someone else, because they want it?

If so, then "No" . . . they don't deserve to die.

If not, then  "Yes" . . . it was obviously something they just couldn't live without, they took the risk and confirmed their belief.  
(07-17-2023, 03:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: Does a person deserve to die for breaking into your car, or even if they just got into your vehicle because it was unlocked? This is all with the intention of stealing from you if they find something they consider to be of value.

Die no, jail/prison time yes.
It depends on the scenario. I wouldn’t just blow someone’s brains out because I caught them trying to steal my car or take something out of it, but if they didn’t cooperate when I told them to get the fuck out of my car then I guess anything goes. Not that I carry a gun on me anyway so the situation doesn’t apply.
My tia would wield the almighty chancla, she went up against the Hoover Street Crips and dose foos ran!
Thanks, guys! I was inspired to ask after reading a conversation between community members and I was very taken aback by the number of people who thought the would be thief should die and it made me wonder how others outside that community would think about it.
Liberalsm doesnt have boundaries, just understanding.....so to speak, its an excuse for criminality. Boundaries, punishment, are a must, its a case of what it is. In this case it is a month in jail and a heavy fine.

They wont do that again.
It is interesting-if someone breaks into a person's house, the home owner can shoot them right?

I think everyone should have the right to protect themselves. If someone breaks into your house or car while you’re in it then I think you should be able to shoot first and ask questions later.
I agree with that. We know that some states have Stand Your Ground law, but I don't know if they all do.
(07-18-2023, 04:45 PM)Duchess Wrote: I was inspired to ask after reading a conversation between community members and I was very taken aback by the number of people who thought the would be thief should die . . . 

Probably assumed the perp was Black.

Or identified as one.

Sure, why not?  I mean,  my town thinks that a person deserves to die based on their sexual orientation,  so why not kill people based upon criminal behavior as well?
(07-26-2023, 04:26 PM)cannongal Wrote:

Sure, why not?  I mean,  my town thinks that a person deserves to die based on their sexual orientation,  so why not kill people based upon criminal behavior as well?

You live in maga country?
(07-26-2023, 08:21 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Might as well.    NH is the least liberal state in New England,   there's at least 15 trump signs on every street in this town.  We may have 2 democratic US senators, but everything else leans towards the Republican way of thinking.
(08-01-2023, 12:19 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 08:21 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Might as well.    NH is the least liberal state in New England,   there's at least 15 trump signs on every street in this town.  We may have 2 democratic US senators, but everything else leans towards the Republican way of thinking.

Imagine a state governed and populated by left libertarians. I'd be there in a heartbeat.