There are some things, that you just say 'FUCK'
My house is empty,   that is to say,  I am an empty nester.  I can't even.   I have 2 dogs, and can't find coverage to go away for a night,  i can put them in boarding,  if I have them certified by a vet for 300 each.  I  asked all the kids, and a few of them are willing to pop by.  I think I might have to give up either the dogs or festivals.  Meh
Do you want someone to stay with them or to check in on them periodically? Do you have neighborhood message boards there? If so, post what you're interested in, I see it on my local board all the time.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Unfortunately,  they are the biggest babies that I ever raised.   They need someone who knows them,to stay with them.  This is a hindsight issue,  and I take full responsibility.    Coincidentally, they are also the most protective pair that I've seen.   I've never had an issue of people walking up to my door,  since they have been on premises.
My older kids take care of my dogs when I’m not home, but if we all go on vacation together than I have to board them. It’s really expensive and they have to be up to date with their vaccines. The rabbit and cats are ok alone, they have a litter box and I leave them with plenty of food and water and my neighbor checks in on them daily. Having pets is a pain in the ass.
...but completely worth it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]