Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Sally...
Do you like scathing deadpan humor?

Yes, I have a dry sense of humor. Watching this giggling dingbat who is void of any personality destroy a classic and perfectly good fairy tale because of her dingbat agenda is a bit annoying.
(09-08-2023, 12:59 AM)sally Wrote:  I have a dry sense of humor. 

It's hard to express how bizarre & unnerving it is to see my mother in you. I've thought that for years and I think I've even commented on it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I remember you telling me that a couple of times. My son’s gf told me that I remind her of her mother and then she said that she doesn’t like her mother lol.
Hence the sun dress.
hah
What is the substance that underlies todays' buzzwords? Let's observe and find out...

Is that some of that scathing, deadpan humor you were referring to?
(09-08-2023, 04:59 PM)Duchess Wrote: Is that some of that scathing, deadpan humor you were referring to?

Yes, but he has a background in linguistics and clearly understands social psychology, which he uses to highlight discrepancies between what a person says, and how they articulate it, which is similar to poker players who identify "tells" that give a person's true intentions away.

Lying is stressful for most people, and that stress manifests in ways that are observable to those trained to identify deception, such as law enforcement agents.
(09-08-2023, 04:59 PM)Duchess Wrote: Is that some of that scathing, deadpan humor you were referring to?

By the way, remembering that you've expressed a love of capitalism, do you believe it can exist in a society that associates "equality" with outcomes, rather than with opportunity?
Capitalism exists in all societies, I don't think it's an either/or kinda thing. I love capitalism, what's not to like? 
(09-08-2023, 06:11 PM)Duchess Wrote: Capitalism exists in all societies, I don't think it's an either/or kinda thing. I love capitalism, what's not to like? 

Do you love the Chinese variant, referred to as "state capitalism", or is that an example of capitalism being reduced to a meaningless buzzword?
I've never given that a single thought.
If everything is art, nothing is art, because art ceases to have an objective definition. It's merely a buzzword.
Justin Trudeau is a little prick and I hate everyone who mandated Covid vaccines. It makes me furious and sick to my stomach. I didn’t watch the video, but that’s about all I know about him and that’s all I need to know to know he’s a little piece of shit.
Let’s just force these stupid shots on everyone and brainwash children and morons into thinking Snow White is too white and needs to be fixed. The assholes in this world, I tell ya.
Director Greta Gerwig struggles mightily to find words to tell us what Barbie is really about.

Is it that she doesn't really know, or is afraid to tell the audience in unambiguous language?

I don't care about that either. Why would anyone give a fuck if people want to spend their own money going to see a film they want to see? I don't understand the appeal of it, but I don't have to.
(09-09-2023, 05:59 AM)Duchess Wrote: I don't care about that either. Why would anyone give a fuck if people want to spend their own money going to see a film they want to see? I don't understand the appeal of it, but I don't have to.

You care enough to tell me that you don't care about it. Is it because you're uncomfortable with people questioning what you think shouldn't be questioned?

For the record, it has nothing to do with people going to see the movie. It's strictly about identifying deceptive communication, and gaining insight into why people are deceptive.
(09-09-2023, 07:26 AM)rothschild Wrote: You care enough to tell me that you don't care about it. 

Okay, fine, rothschild, rather than engaging with you when I have this opinion, I will simply ignore you.