Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ibram Kendi
Ibram Kendi is back in the news. As some of you may know, Boston College invited him to set up an anti-racist research center, which he did. He was able to raise 30+ million dollars to help America fix racism. What did the anti-racist research center do with all that money? They set up a covid tracker and produced two research papers that got published.

What else, you may be wondering? Well, Boston College has launched an investigation to find out because the center has laid off half of it's staff, suggesting that the money is running out and funding has dried up -- perhaps because the donors are also wondering what's going on.

Is Boston College showing a lack of appreciation for the symbolic significance of the anti-racist research center? Has it returned to it's racist roots by impugning Kendi's anti-racist integrity? Or might it be that Kendi is a race grifter who has nothing of significance to add to the public discussion of racism in America?

Kendi has described racism as "a collection of racist policies that lead to racial inequity".

I can't help but wonder if Affirmative Action reflects that definition rather nicely.

Am I racist for thinking that liberal policy might be part of the problem regarding inequity?

Am I the only one that wonders why liberal policymakers have done absolutely nothing to reverse the financial policies that promote extreme financial disparity -- which is highly detrimental to everyone that isn't a billionaire or trillionaire -- and instead direct attention to "white privilege"?

The Republican Party since Ronald Reagan has been exclusively about grift. The Democratic Party has always been about grift.

That's my two cents.
I've never heard of him.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-28-2023, 12:27 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've never heard of him.

Mirah referenced him in her thread about a booklist or something, as have most of my liberal friends that I used to meditate with.

The two books I'm aware of are: How to be an Antiracist, and The Antiracist Baby.

You really need to get out more, Duchess.
hah
"Stamped from the Beginning" is on Netflix right now.

Disecting the history of racism, and guess what Ibram is in it.

Cornell West is about a hundred times smarter than Kendi. The corporate commies don't seem to like him very much, tho, in spite of the fact that he's decidedly leftist. Hmm...
A young, dumb influencer that'll dance to whatever tune is playing is worth more than a thousand self-respecting intellectuals to a corporate commie.
Does anyone know if slavery still exists, and if so, in which countries?
I used to say I'd like to have 2, one for indoors, one for outdoors.
Slaves?
Yes.
The indoor one rubs your feet?
*gasp* I hadn't considered that! I just wanted it to cook for me. I could have a foot rub any time I wanted one! Oh my gods.
I wonder if Ibram shines his own shoes.
Disturbing

Somebody has to ask the hard questions in life.
I want my slaves to be white & Irish.
(11-22-2023, 06:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: I want my slaves to be white & Irish.

I'm white and half Irish(Apologies for my German half). I'll cook and clean for you in exchange for a room and food.

I am still disturbed!

111 I'll teach 'em how to read & write.

The Irish were white niggers as far as the elite were concerned.